KYB Suspension Cost/Recomendations

Frosty2086

KYB Suspension Cost/Recomendations

Post by Frosty2086 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:49 am

Alright, got a couple of questions on suspension.

Recently finished uni, and drove the 1900km home in the suby with a full load, noticed when i got home the rear right side is sitting about 1 inch lower than the left when measured at the wheel arches, this combined with the very intresting handling on road and the stock suspension seem to point towards a suspensions upgrade. Im looking to replace the sprngs and shocks however have no idea of prices etc. Whent into Auto pro today and they qouted me $1050 for 4 new shocks and springs (KYB), all i want is the same setup that came standard, with perhaps a bit stiffer spring, or progressive springs, dont mind if it lifts it a bit in the process. What are my options, and what are your recomendations? Rembering that im a poor uni student, who may have to replace the head gasket on the suby soon too, so cost minimisation is good!! The car is a 1988 L-series pretty muchly stock

Cheers for any help.

MUDRAT

Post by MUDRAT » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:45 am

I just installed a full KYB kit in another non-Subaru I own - I think they were Sachs shocks re-branded (they had the same part numbers stamped in them as the Sachs that I pulled out).

I am very happy with them, cost was comparable to other options for my model. Put about 2000 kms on them now with absolutely no dramas.
Monster Subaru sold to a good home!! Still a Subaru owner. Will try stay in the Ausubaru loop. Sorry :cool:

Alex
Elder Member

Post by Alex » Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:54 pm

ive got all kyb shockies and king springs in my car. I think it was about a grands worth.(maybe abit less)

you will get a fair bit more height in your car, because no doubt its all sagged. It'll handle WAY better on road as well.

alex
my07 Outback
my13 Hyundai i45(shhhh)
my02 Gen3 Liberty limited ed.

previously
L-series wagon, LSD, EJ20turbo, 29in tyres, 'wanky wagon'
2000 gen3 outback, lifted, otherwise stock.

BENduro

Post by BENduro » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:17 pm

Also looking to do this, 4xking springs/kyb shocks,:confused: and wondering on approx install cost???

00outback

Post by 00outback » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:51 pm

I've just put new kyb struts and pedders raised springs in my liberty thay cost me $795.90 if your going to do it yourself that will keep the cost down.

stamp_licker
General Member

Post by stamp_licker » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:34 pm

Ebay can be your friend.I score a set of nos adjustable kyb's of ebay for $40.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]aka the_postie
Building a hardcore postie:D

Return to “Suspension - shocks, springs and upgrades”