subi wan kenobi where are you??

yabbie

subi wan kenobi where are you??

Post by yabbie » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:23 pm

have sent a pm ,re a lift kit ,did you recieve it or are you on hols?

tex

Post by tex » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:36 pm

He can be hard to get hold of and is always busy, ideally he needs an assistant, or a work experience kid once a week!
87 targa brumby (Neglected),
92 targa brumby (weekend runabout),
97 Lifted Outback (Dailey drive),
05 outback safety (Too cheap to pass up),
90 model liberty (was to be scrapped instead sold to workmate)
+ others.

Outback bloke

Post by Outback bloke » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:18 pm

He has been spending a lot of time at the hospital. One of his family members is extremely unwell. Don't expect an answer any time soon.

yabbie

Post by yabbie » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:38 pm

no dramas ,take as long as he needs

chrisk

Post by chrisk » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:55 am

Sorry to hear about the hospital episode, never pleasant. Whould have been good to at least post something up on this site to make people, who are waiting on parts, aware of the situation. Instead I've been sitting here fuming over unknown circumsatnces, waiting to fit a lift kit as the steering extension was not supplied with it. What started out as a 5 week excercise has so far taken 4 months and the kit is still not in the car. Anyone know what an alternative would be for a 1993 L with power steer? Is there a part off another model that can be used or something? Or do you have to manufacture a suitable component from scratch? :/
Confucius say: always remember the 6 P's - Planning & Preparation Prevent Piss Poor Performance....

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:35 am

chrisk wrote:Sorry to hear about the hospital episode, never pleasant. Whould have been good to at least post something up on this site to make people, who are waiting on parts, aware of the situation. Instead I've been sitting here fuming over unknown circumsatnces, waiting to fit a lift kit as the steering extension was not supplied with it. What started out as a 5 week excercise has so far taken 4 months and the kit is still not in the car. Anyone know what an alternative would be for a 1993 L with power steer? Is there a part off another model that can be used or something? Or do you have to manufacture a suitable component from scratch? :/
there has been a few threads going around that he isnt available at the moment, I can understand that there is no information or apology that he is not available - maybe he doesnt have access to internet or anyone to help¿¿)

There are other suppliers that do make lift kit.
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1995 Liberty "Rallye" - 5MT AWD, LSD - *written off 25/8/06 in towing accident.
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page
Sold at 385,000kms in July 2011.
2007 Liberty BP Wagon, 2.5i automatic

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:37 am

the steering knuckle off a gen one liberty fits Ive been told if not get two my/L series knuckles with the rubber disc in the middle (1983 model or so) and make a longer one out of the two

a bit of searching and I found this picture 3 inch on an L series with a liberty knuckle (I think)

showthread.php?t=13992&page=5

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:09 am

AlpineRaven wrote:There are other suppliers that do make lift kit.
Cheers
AP
All good and well as long as you haven't paid for something and only received half of the goods. I know first hand of this and I had to do the same (waiting game). I ended up having to make my own.
TOONGA wrote:the steering knuckle off a gen one liberty fits Ive been told if not get two my/L series knuckles with the rubber disc in the middle (1983 model or so) and make a longer one out of the two

a bit of searching and I found this picture 3 inch on an L series with a liberty knuckle (I think)

showthread.php?t=13992&page=5

TOONGA
Yeah Julian, right on.. I used a Liberty/Impreza steering knuckle that had a small (about 40mm) shaft in the middle of the 2 joints. I then had my Machinist cut it in half with a fine blade saw. Then had him turn down solid piece of rod (drilled holes inside the rod for strength) with tapered outer ends so it could be welded with out putting too much heat on the joints. I should have taken pictures :( The only down side to it was the welding guy said he wouldn't take any responsibilty if it broke. It looked exactly like the factory one so I was happy enough :)
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:45 am

yabbie wrote:have sent a pm ,re a lift kit ,did you recieve it or are you on hols?
If you cant get a hold of him in time , or is unable to help you out , you can always try Crossbred Performance for a lift kit.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:25 am

rtcb65 wrote:If you cant get a hold of him in time , or is unable to help you out , you can always try Crossbred Performance for a lift kit.
I was about to say that... There is another one but i cannot remember... If your in melbourne SubaBits sells them but I dont know the supplier
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page

Superu

Post by Superu » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:50 am

I ended up having my local speed shop fab up one for me so I could finish the install on my Outback. That and the pitch rod needed to be fab'd as well. Considering AU was my only option for the kit, I can't complain much. Still loving my Subie! :D

05 Subaru Outback

"99% of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at..."

The Superu

Fang

Post by Fang » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:56 am

Thats an impressive looking vehicle, Superu. Kudos.

INEEDABEER

Post by INEEDABEER » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:55 pm

AlpineRaven wrote:I was about to say that... There is another one but i cannot remember... If your in melbourne SubaBits sells them but I dont know the supplier
Cheers
AP
Scorpion subaru are in Brisbane.They make (QLD Transport)approved type lift kits.
http://www.scorpionsubaru.com/
]Hey I know Jack Schitte!
[/SIZE]

Barry1956

Post by Barry1956 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:59 pm

Superu wrote:I ended up having my local speed shop fab up one for me so I could finish the install on my Outback. That and the pitch rod needed to be fab'd as well. Considering AU was my only option for the kit, I can't complain much. Still loving my Subie! :D

I know this is off-topic, but would love to see details of your front recovery point and how it is fitted!;)

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:11 pm

INEEDABEER wrote:Scorpion subaru are in Brisbane.They make (QLD Transport)approved type lift kits.
http://www.scorpionsubaru.com/
THAT IT!!!! that is what I was trying to remember, i knew it started with "S"

Yep there you go..
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:

Dann

Post by Dann » Wed May 26, 2010 12:08 am

hey guys
does any one know of a company that sells kits in perth wa??
like the one in scorpion subaru , if not can sumone post up a site or two of the brisbane one and others, cause i don't think scorpion are selling theirs anymore??

thanx dann

78sti

Post by 78sti » Wed May 26, 2010 10:52 am

These guys use to sell transport approved lift kits like the one in my outback.

Not sure if they are still makeing them but they may have the part you are looking for.

Boxer Service Pty. Ltd.
2/172 South Pine Rd
Brendale, Qld
Australia 4500
(07) 3205 4495

vincentvega

Post by vincentvega » Wed May 26, 2010 3:39 pm

the scorpion kits were type approved in NSW, not QLD.

the type approval system has since been scrapped so they are no more approved than any other kit. They are way better quality though
brumbyrunner wrote:And just to clarify the real 4WD thing, Subarus are an unreal 4WD.

holden26

Post by holden26 » Wed May 26, 2010 9:12 pm

Spent the day trying to find people who make lift kits for a l series in aus. All i could find was subi wan kenobi and the guy who bought subamods back in 03 and has basically stopped making them now, his number is 0438275766

Dann

Post by Dann » Wed May 26, 2010 11:01 pm

kool thanx guys
hopefully will get it lifted sooner than later then:P

cheers
dann

Return to “Suspension - shocks, springs and upgrades”