4 inch lift for l series???

Mitchhsj

4 inch lift for l series???

Post by Mitchhsj » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:06 pm

I'm chasing a 4 inch body lift kit for my 91 wagon, I have a 3 inch in my 87 but don't really want to pull it out and customize it for one inch. Doe any one make them, I see hi rise Subaru do them but I can't get a hold of them, are they still in business? I live on the sunshine coast I have 3 l series and an old rusted my all for parts if anyone is chasing some :)

shuffbag

Post by shuffbag » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:23 am

Hi rise shut down years ago, I don't think there is anyone locally that's making them anymore? The back yard boys? Maybe? There on here

Mitchhsj

Post by Mitchhsj » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:13 pm

Oh ok thanks. Might just get new bolts and space them half a inch. I'm only running 27s

Kelossus

Post by Kelossus » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:18 pm

Yeah, i would like to know where to source these as well.

A quick google search didn't bring up anything recent. I would imagine someone here would have a reputable contact.

Mitchhsj

Post by Mitchhsj » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Kelossus wrote:Yeah, i would like to know where to source these as well.

A quick google search didn't bring up anything recent. I would imagine someone here would have a reputable contact.
Hey did you buy that orange beast about 8 months ago, I was living in Coolum when I was looking at an l series and was looking at it. Ej22? But neather it's a cool wagon

Alex
Elder Member

Post by Alex » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:46 pm

not many places do them anymore. Especially the big lifts.

Best bet is to try making your own or waiting (forever) for one to come up for sale.

Crossbred performance might make one up.

alex

Kelossus

Post by Kelossus » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:50 pm

Yeah mate it is the EJ22 L Series.

Certainly had a hard life but it had the engine i wanted and minimal rust and i was happy to pay the negotiated price.

Mitchhsj

Post by Mitchhsj » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:32 pm

Yea cool I ended up with a wrx blue l series with a 3 inch lift I have done a bit of work to it like some motor modsvand built a rear bumper and spare tire gate, had heaps of plans but the chassis was totally rusted and un fixable. So I took it off the road it had a really ard life too. U might have seen it around, I'm in bli bli now. Tried to bring it u to scratch but no luck. U just got a silver 91 in amazing condition. Ac still works. Big plans for that but looks like I'll put half a inch on the body blocks and one inch on the strut blocks and see how I go. Good to see some subi guys around here

cobby

Post by cobby » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:48 am

http://Www.sjrlift.com

I got quoted 650 for their 4 inch recently including postage to the coast. Coming from the states but that's no biggie

Mitchhsj

Post by Mitchhsj » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:56 am

I ended up striping my old L with the 3 inch and I'm putting 10mm spaces on the blocks and adding an inch on the strut tops, Hopfully the steering extension will Still reach. Should be ok need new bolts too but should get out of it cheap. Put up some pics when you install it..

cobby

Post by cobby » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:39 pm

Haha I wish, that was the plan but finances have taken a wrong turn so it will wait for now. Found a partial 3 inch lift for $75 so I'm getting that and making up whatever's missing

cobby

Post by cobby » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:45 pm

That was 650 USD incase anyone was wondering.

Mitchhsj

Post by Mitchhsj » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:40 pm

Ok, well if you need pics or info on the missing pecies let me know. Will be easy if you have the motor mount bar and steering extension the rest are makable

cobby

Post by cobby » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:40 pm

My girlfriend's brother/my mate works at an engineering place in Montville and he was originally gonna buy the kit for his but I think he's happy with his for the moment (40mm + 27" a/t's) so I'm getting it instead and he's gonna help make up what's missing. Fairly sure I'll need the diff drop plate and the rear shock drop plates, not sure what else yet.

Pretty sure those SJR lifts, even being as pricey as they are, still don't come with the steering shaft which is a bit awful. Not 100% on that though.

Should tee up an offroad sesh soon(ish). Mine's copping a windscreen tomorrow and roadworthy on Monday.

Edit: Yep, direct quote from the info page of the lift: "stearing shaft must be lengthened (not offered at SJRLIFT ) "

Mitchhsj

Post by Mitchhsj » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:26 pm

Yea for sure mate I'm in Bli Bli.. Should have all the good bits on my car in the next few weeks. I'm a mad keen jetski er do I go up the beach a bit. I love it up DI but can go wherever

Mitchhsj

Post by Mitchhsj » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:02 pm

Hey mate got my car all sorted if your keen to do some trips..
ahhhrrr the subi will make it!

Return to “Suspension - shocks, springs and upgrades”