Outback struts in Forester

lowace

Outback struts in Forester

Post by lowace » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:36 pm

Hi all chasing some info on compatibility with the gen 1 outback suspension and the gen 1 forester. I have just purchased a 99 gt forester and some clown has lowered it to the weeds causing a very uncomfortable ride. I have access to a gen 1 outback so my question is will the front and rear strut assemblies bolt straight into my forester to make a more sane ride height and comfortable ride.
Any help on this guys would be very much appreciated as its not good to drive :(.
Cheers
Stuart

lowace

Post by lowace » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:15 pm

Well I bit the bullet and just purchased all the parts from the outback and I'm happy to say that they all bolted up the same as the forester gear. I'm unsure if it sits at the same height as original but its a sure lot more comfortable than before.At least we all know that these parts are interchangeable now.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:45 pm

Sweet mate, great info and very quick turn around looking at the times you posted above!

You'll have to post us some pics of before and after ;)

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

LIFTED

Post by LIFTED » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:16 am

How much room between the top of the front tyre and the wheel arch have you got? On my GT with standard stocks I've got about 120mm space.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ..........................................92 Lib 98 Foz 99 GT Foz :roll: ..................................................

Return to “Suspension - shocks, springs and upgrades”