Advice about Lifting Gen 4 Outback ??

AvB

Post by AvB » Tue May 20, 2014 11:02 am

Since I didn't use the rear spacers on my Outback, I may as well sell them ... anyone interested? They're 25mm rear spacers for the Gen 4 '09 Outback from Subtle Solutions. $90 shipped to you.

Here's the item webpage: http://www.subtle-solutions.com/product ... cts_id=167
Attachments
Subtle rear spacers.jpg
Subtle rear spacers.jpg (55.33 KiB) Viewed 1821 times

Clearwater99

Post by Clearwater99 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:33 am

how much in total did this all cost you ? I might just do that to my car pictured below. I live in Upper Caboolture. So the doods that did your car could do mine aswell :)

Speiling mistakes .. me never !

AvB

Post by AvB » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:07 am

I should do an update!

I didn't sell the rear spacers. I had been going to a local mechanic shop that I thought was trustworthy, and then got suss when the bills were always big and they started telling us every time that the cars "had" to have more stuff done that they clearly didn't ... discs that were perfectly smooth should be replaced, etc.

I called up a guy we know of who's a local mobile mechanic and he's great. Honest and economical and hardworking. I told him about the lift kit and how Boxer didn't fit the rear spacers, and in an hour's work in my driveway, using a couple of extra bottle jacks and levers, he had them fitted. He then got me to take it to a place that does really good laser steering alignments. I love it - the setup of the car is perfect for me now and it looks great. We've been using the mobile mechanic since and are perfectly satisfied. If anything's beyond him, he takes it or recommends a good place to do the work. I think there is so much scamming going on with mechanical work. I know enough to be slightly dangerous and I reckon I was getting ripped off ... how bad it must be for the single mums or young guys who don't know anything and just put their trust in the mech shops.

I'm not sure how much the whole thing cost - maybe $1300 all up. It's no big deal. Dealers and mainstream mechanical shops will tell you they don't want to do it because they have to cover their arses and keep everything standard. But it's worth doing, and easy to do.

I had two front CV boots crack after the lift, which isn't unusual when they've settled in for 100,000k and then you shift their flex, so if you do it make sure you keep an eye on those .

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:33 am

Yep, its hard to find a decent, honest mechanic but once you do stick with them, they'll save you heaps of $$$

Hope you used genuine boots...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

Return to “Suspension - shocks, springs and upgrades”