L Series Rear Camber "Help"

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:27 pm

I've spoken with WayneO a few days ago and I'm sure the issue is those three little bolts.

Here's my reason why:

While not on the same angle, or with the same size tyres, you can see the angle of my rear camber. Both sides were the same.

The fix?

Messing around with those three bolts until I was happy with the adjustment.

WayneO, when you change the bolt positions then put the rear end back on the ground drive your subi forward and back again to let the rear end settle - then assess the camber and go from there ;)

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

AndrewT

Post by AndrewT » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:04 pm

yeah I have a similar photo of my wagon from before I did it too, looked quite like that. Tried to dig it up to post here but couldn't find it.

Kalbarri_baru

Post by Kalbarri_baru » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:30 pm

El_Freddo wrote:I've spoken with WayneO a few days ago and I'm sure the issue is those three little bolts.

While not on the same angle, or with the same size tyres, you can see the angle of my rear camber. Both sides were the same.

The fix?

Messing around with those three bolts until I was happy with the adjustment.

WayneO, when you change the bolt positions then put the rear end back on the ground drive your subi forward and back again to let the rear end settle - then assess the camber and go from there ;)

Cheers

Bennie
Heya Bennie cheers for the call the other day, wow that camber seems worse than mine and it was fixed by those three bolts, I am still waiting for a day off to adjust mine.

Do I need to jack the L from the Diff or will the std jack on the body be fine, also is it a easy two person job (one on the bolts and one on the hub) or is it easy enough with just one person, and would I need a rear wheel alignment after I complete the adjustment.

Cheers for your help once again.

Cheers

WayneO...............
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:59 pm

Hey WayneO.. I'm back in town, so give me a call when ever you want :)
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sat May 03, 2014 10:52 am

Sorry for the late reply mate - I clapped out the internet allowance for last month :(

You can do it yourself. There's no need for a second person for anything other than to hand you another coldie while doing the work ;)

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Return to “Suspension - shocks, springs and upgrades”