adjustable strut tops K-MAC anybody?

Nubaru

adjustable strut tops K-MAC anybody?

Post by Nubaru » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:44 pm

K-MAC website suggests they do a strut top for the Brumby and L series - one part number do both models is smart - only $480 for the pair. Has anyone treated themselves to such niceties on an MY ? One nasty my wheel alignment place always said - no adjustment and specs not correct as it is.

I am thinking $480 will buy a lot of front tyres before brake uneven.Wondering others results after fitting to Brumby MYs ??
member since 10january2014 #6191

Cliff R
General Member

Post by Cliff R » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:38 pm

I would consider it definitely.
As a matter of fact would you have the K-MAC part numbers ?
Something for the future.

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:09 pm

Not sure how the same part would fit both models, as the brumby has 2 studs at the top of the suspension and the "L" has 3 studs at the top.

I would get positive proof that it will fit a brumby before buying.

website

http://www.k-mac.com/pages/newprods/subaru/subaru.htm

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:14 am

Hmmm, interesting but holy schmackers that is a pricey product for our old things !

He said kmac, not kmart :p , but good point Jules, not only the stud differences (and you can't really do fewer than two studs on the lightest of cars can you ?) there is a difference between bearing on L and bushing on MY. Never tried to fit L strut to MY tower mount or vice versa. The ingenuity and name of kmac they probably have made a multifit kit, as some of their advertising claims minimal stock numbers cover wide variety of cars ....

They make them and none of us yet tried? Maybe over on FB perhaps :)

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:55 am

spoke to Kevin MacIntyre - can't believe he is still going ! (must have had daughters :) )

Does not recommend this kit in the MY Brumby unless running coil-overs due to limited tower space.
BUT, what they also do, just not on his website is weld on channel and adjustable camber pins same as 67 to 86? Falcon front ends. Allows for up to 2 degrees adjustment at a nice price of A$120 plus $22 overnight freight/postage. Comes with full instructions

:)

There you go Kevin - howzatt?? He asked me if I was reading about his product on a forum - get in there and make that comment.

I found my 15,000km 195.50.15's worn on left side outer edge - badly, so tossed the fifteens for a while and gone back to 175.70.13 for that luxury ride of a 7 profile :) Did a tambox string align, and took a few goes to get it to feel right and steers much better around roundabouts. Not sure if this is the new tyres ca 2005 or the 70 profile, or my stringalign

Yarran

L series/brumby

Post by Yarran » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:38 pm

i wonder if these would allow a brumby shock to fit in an L??

Yarran

answer to my question above....

Post by Yarran » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:36 pm

Hi Yarran,

Yes only a matter of advising diameter of strut shaft/thread.

K-MAC Camber and Caster adjuster kit for Brumby and ‘L’ Series is available in Stage 3. Full Race $480 pair.

NOTE: Also manufacture replacement lower control arm inner mount Cam bolt kit. Weld on provides up to 2 degrees Positive or Negative $135 set.

Because of small diameter strut tower we supply both above to obtain adequate adjustment.

Also manufacture uprated front replacement anti sway bars in 24mm diameter for $245

Plus a rear bar in 18mm diameter $265.

Bantum
General Member

Tops ...

Post by Bantum » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:23 am

Found a picture to go with this :

From here : http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Subaru-L-Ser ... 1e955ec41f

Has anybody installed one of these ? Doesn't look like it would fit without drilling holes to suit ... :(

Ciao, Bantum ...

Return to “Suspension - shocks, springs and upgrades”