2" Lift Kit

NachaLuva
General Member

2" Lift Kit

Post by NachaLuva » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:42 pm

Just realised I haven't done a thread on the lift kits I make, so....

Lifting your Foz doesn't just give more clearance so you can do harder tracks, it also keeps you further away from rocks, etc so you're less likely to damage underneath. No-one wants damage lol :cry:

There's a few options to lift a Foz.

1) Raised springs, Kings are most popular, Dobinsons also do them but have a bad reputation for snapping! :shock: Gives about 35mm lift but can be harsh over bumps, potholes and reduces articulation. Increases load carrying capacity, but a lightweight Foz shouldnt really be loaded too much

2) 1" strut top spacers like those from Subtle Soluitions, Gorilla or Paranoid, all in the US.

3) 2" spacers like the ones I do. They have both camber offset to give a little more negative camber despite the lift and caster offset to give more positive caster. Subies are lacking in caster, this gives better straightline tracking (reduces tramlining) and improves dynamic camber for better cornering. Gains of ~.5deg neg camber & ~1.2deg caster :mrgreen:

Theres no room for camber offset in the rear strut towers so aftermarket camber bolts are needed.

Trailing arm spacers should also be used with any lift over 1" to keep the rear wheel centred and keep the rear suspension geometry as much as possible.

The lift kit with trailing arm blocks:

Before:
After:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

rubisubi

Post by rubisubi » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:49 pm

Nice, do these suit 2003-2005 models? Also how much for the kit?

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:40 pm

Yep, sure do. SF & SG Foz need different blocks for the front as the bolts are at a different angle but the rears are interchangeable.

Struts top spacers are $350/set incl new HT ZP locking nuts/bolts and rear trailing arm blocks are $90 incl new HT ZP bolts.

All parts are precision laser cut for easy fitting :twisted:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:39 pm

Ive got his first full body lift kit of 1" then 2" front strut tops, 3" in the rear and raised springs. Combined with 29" BFG's I have 330mm at my lowrst point on my SF Forester. Stock is about 190mm

T.Farm.Brumby

Post by T.Farm.Brumby » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:58 pm

will these suit an outback? or could you build a set for an outback?

Cheers,
Tom
All The Rigs:

'86 RX Turbo "Thor"
'89 Brumby "Emma"
'89 Brumby "Brumbylicious"
'03 Outback "Uma"
'05 Forester
'14 Forester Luxury (My goodness is it schmick!)

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:27 pm

Do you do a full body lift or just the strut and rear control arm? I thought you did the whole lift block set.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:18 pm

Oops, haven't been up to date here lol :oops:
El_Freddo wrote:Do you do a full body lift or just the strut and rear control arm? I thought you did the whole lift block set.
Yes :wink:

I can do strut top & rear trailing arm kits as well as bull body kits

T.Farm.Brumby wrote:will these suit an outback? or could you build a set for an outback?
Hey Tom, Outback is different, depending on year. What year is yours?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:22 pm

Rear Trailing arm spacer (new design):

Spacer fitted to front strut:
ImageStrut To Spacer, Front

Spacer fitted to rear strut:
ImageStrut To Spacer, Rear
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:21 pm

I'll have a new product out in 4-5 weeks, keep an eye open for it ;)

In the meantime, here is a nice stack of strut top spacers Image
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:46 pm

Custom lift kit for a Foz ready to be painted, 2 1/2" front with 3" rear :twisted:

I'll also have a new product out soon, 1" spacers! :mrgreen:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:31 pm

Going to paint "hulk green"??

:twisted:

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:27 am

The first test batch of 1" HDPE spacers are in, they came out great! The main order has been made & should be in within 2 weeks. I'm taking orders for them now, $95 set of 4 spacers including bolts Image

SF, SG Forester; Liberty/Outback Gen1/2/3; GC-GD Impreza front spacers:

SF, SG Forester & Liberty/Outback Gen2; GD Impreza rear spacers:

SH, SJ Forester; Liberty/Outback Gen4/5; CrossTrek XV; GE-GJ Impreza front spacers:

SH, SJ Forester; Liberty/Outback Gen5; CrossTrek XV; GE-GJ Impreza rear spacers

Liberty/Outback Gen3/4 rear spacers:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:42 am

1" HDPE lift kits now in!!!

Here are my current products:

*SubieLiftOz 1" HDPE lift kit for all models of Subaru Forester, Liberty/Legacy, Outback, Impreza, Crosstrek XV & Exiga.

Cost is $95/lift kit for the set of 4 spacers & longer bolts. Detailed, easy to follow instructions are supplied, plus a free SubieLiftOz sticker! $110 posted anywhere in Oz & international shipping is available.

The 1" HDPE lift kit makes a great introduction into the world of lifted Subarus or can be combined with raised springs for a 2.5" lift. A great combination, very popular! Note: trailing arm spacers will be required for this combination.

*SubieLiftOz 2" steel lift kit with camber & caster offset for better cornering, steering & straight line stability. For all the above models except Lib/Outback Gen 3 (will do that one when I can).

Cost is $475/lift kit for the set of 4 spacers & rear trailing arm spacers. Includes detailed, easy to follow instructions and a free SubieLiftOz sticker!

*SubieLiftOz custom lift kit up to 3", an extra 1/2" is $20 each end. So, 2" front & 2.5" rear is $495. 2.5" front & 3" rear is $535.

*SubieLiftOz custom full body lift kit. These can be made to go with raised springs for a total lift of 3.5" (2" strut top spacers + 1.5" for the springs) or with 3" strut top spacers to go with stock height springs. The body spacers keep the CV angles under 2.5" for good reliability. A great lift kit for those wanting a little more. POA

*SubieLiftOz rear trailing arm spacers can also be sold separately, $125 set of 2 including longer bolts.

*SubieLiftOz subframe spacer kits are available separately as well. These are for late model Subarus with a rear multi link suspension. $215 for the 1" kit & $245 for the 2" kit. Spacers are high tensile, marine grade 6061 T651 alloy with custom ordered M14 grade 10.9 bolts. A very high quality kit designed to copy the factory method & blend harmoniously for a factory look with factory reliability!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:28 am

Been busy last few days, getting a heap of SH & SJ 2" kits ready, just got to rust proof & paint them, & finish off the subframe kits...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:08 pm

It's taken 4 long months of development, but the Forester SH/SJ, Liberty/Outback Gen 4>, Impreza GE/GH and XV Crosstrek kits are finally here!! Image

It uses OEM style solid subframe spacers and custom ordered grade 10.9 bolts.

There have been a lot of obstacles to overcome: the main subframe spacer bolts which needed to be custom ordered, not a cheap exercise! The variations in the different model subframes, some of which are subtle. The design & manufacture of the subframe spacers themselves.

Then there's the strut top spacers. Using CAD designed & laser cut 6mm plate steel welded in a jig for accuracy, the fronts have both camber & caster offset to not only get the alignment within spec, but actually improve steering.

All kits come with everything that is needed, including new high tensile, zinc plated bolts & nuts, and detailed, easy to follow fitting instructions. Dope stickers included!!

I am absolutely rapt with the outcome, I am sure you will be too!

Many thanks to all those who have been so patient, I really appreciate everyone's support! :mrgreen:

OEM Forester spacer on the right, mine on the left:

1" SH subframe spacer kit:

Complete SJ XT 2" kit:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:27 pm

***CHRISTMAS SALE!!!*** ***CHRISTMAS SALE!!!*** ***CHRISTMAS SALE!!!***

I have a CHRISTMAS SALE on until the end of December!

10% off 1" & 2" strut top spacers, trailing arm spacers & subframe kits!!!

Saggy butt spacers, set of 2 plus bolts - $59 delivered.
1" strut top spacers, set of 4 plus bolts - $99 delivered.
2" trailing arm spacer set, set of 2 plus bolts - $119 delivered.
2" lift kit with camber & caster offset & rear trailing arm spacers (SF/SG Foz, Gen 1/2 Lib, etc) - $425 PP
2" lift kit with camber & caster offset & subframe spacer kit (SH/SJ Fox; Gen 5 Lib, etc) - $530 PP

Only until the end of December! Grab a BARGAIN!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:51 pm

December was crazy, with the kits flying out the door! I sold out of the 1" SF/SG Gen2 Lib kits, but I'm happy to report there's a new batch back in!!

I'll have to post up some of the customer's cars, in the meantime, here's a nice one of Ross's awesome SJ XT with a 2" lift kit:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bantum
General Member

Post by Bantum » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:35 pm

Wondering if these would also fit the XV ? ( possibly for the ute project )
If not, are you looking to do any for it ?
Cheers, Bantum ...

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:31 am

Bantum wrote:Wondering if these would also fit the XV ? ( possibly for the ute project )
If not, are you looking to do any for it ?
Cheers, Bantum ...
Already done an XV :)

Only a 1" kit but I can do a 2" kit for it too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:33 pm

Wow, been so long since I posted in here!! Time for an update...

I now have 1" & 2" lift kits for:

All models of Forester
All models of Outback
All models of Impreza
All models of XV Crosstrek
Tribeca coming soon!

They are CAD designed & CNC laser cut 6mm steel, & professionally rustproofed in a 5 stage bath then powdercoated

Older models use trailing arm spacers, these are for SF/SG Forester, GC/GD Impreza; gen 2 Outback:
Image2'' Trailing Arm Spacer V4 1

CAD designed & CNC laser cut 6mm steel
Image2'' Trailing Arm Spacer V4 02

Gen 3, gen 4 trailing arm spacers, tricky design!
Image20170112_180442

Newer models with the multilink rear suspension need a rear subframe spacer kit. This is how part of the kit looks fitted:
ImageSubframe 2'' main & front spacers Fitted 02-2

The new design of CNC laser cut 6mm subframe front support spacer. These have been tacked in the jig & are ready for welding
Image20170109_125616
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Suspension - shocks, springs and upgrades”