SG Forester - need to replace the SLS

theconcierge

SG Forester - need to replace the SLS

Post by theconcierge » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:53 am

Hi all

I have an 03 forester SG forester that is in some desperate need for some new suspension (the rear left self leaving strut has leaked everywhere and it's goonnnne!). The car has 200,000km so I will replace everything.

What would people recommend?

I understand that if I get non SLS I will have to replace the spings as well - which I am fine with but I am hoping to get away with this as cheap as possible.

any advice would be great!

KiwiL

Post by KiwiL » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:04 pm

Pedders do pre assembled strut spring kits for the rear of SG Foresters, or you can get the same thing off rockauto.com.
Other option is getting non sls struts and something like King springs, and assembling that but the pre assembled struts are easier to fit.

dfoyl

Post by dfoyl » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:57 pm

I have a pair of SF rear struts, Pedders brand, from the SF I wrecked last year, if they are any good to you (I was planning on turfing them off as I can't use them on the Brumby). Not sure if SF and SG are the same though...
1989 Brumby - Shiny new red paint, stroked EJ20 phase 2 SOHC with Darton sleeves bored to EJ22, Wiseco high-compression pistons, Delta 2000 grind cams , EJ/XT6 5 stud with WRX 4/2 pots, 5-speed, 86 GTS seats and so much more.
Contact me for reproduction XT6 hubs...and EA82 rear discs.

Return to “Suspension - shocks, springs and upgrades”