BlackMale Pictures

Post up links to your Photobucket, Imgur, Google Images on-line here.
BlackMale
General Member

Post by BlackMale » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:35 pm

Yer its getting closer and i have to say that i am kinda keen about having an RX on the road again. I know its not a turbo EJ however it'll be more then quick enough to the speed limit. Sometimes less travel, work, and spending time with my girls (and 4WDing in the Cruiser) and it'll be that bit closer as well.

Dash is ready for install. Just need to finalise the last few bits of wiring, reset the timming (as i have had to swap dizzy) a few leters of fuel and then turn key. Once this is done new carpet and int. all back in, getting a new zort, replace cv's and new p/s rack and then we're off to the pits.

Sounds like an easy task i know however it will take me a while (same ol same ol - lack of time and sometimes $).

I'll keep you posted but aye.
Toyota 105 Series LandCruiser (that nobody on here wants to really hear about).
RX Touring Wagon - fitted out for 4WDing (currently collecting dust).
RX Project - will be road only at this stage (and currently taking way to long to finish).

BlackMale
General Member

Post by BlackMale » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:48 am

Minor Update.

Progress has stalled a little. Time has been very limited and as a result i have not had much RX time so the work i have done has not be photo worthy - things like rebuild and re-install steering rack, play with front speakers, pull the diff out to swap LSD ratios (which i have not done yet either).

I also have some cv's to put it however can not get the freaken nuts off (tried the rattle gun = nup, tried standing/small bouncing on the breaker bar = nup, tried all of the about with some freeze lube crap = nup) buggers are fused on there somehow i am thinking i need to see if i can get some little hand held gas burner (as i do not have access to an oxy) and get some heat on it.

I was thinking that maybe a should attempt to just change the boots while the shaft is on there however this sounds a little to dodgy/messy for my liking - just piss me off more then anything really.

Note i think that i read something about AndrewT suggesting a modify/build section if the mods wish to move this thread then i am ok with that as well.
Cheers.
RX Project - will be road only at this stage (and currently taking way to long to finish).

BlackMale
General Member

Post by BlackMale » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:17 pm

Oh sorry forgot to include boot has been done… even cut some new boot inserts and decided that I would attempt to seal/water proof them a little… not quite the desired effect however it has sealed them (if only by a little bit).

Boot all painted…

New Boot Carpet…

Surprise, Color coded boot inserts (LOL).

I also decided when sitting in front of the idiot box (watching motor racing) that I would mutilate the door pockets as I have some leftover black carpet.

I was thinking that maybe I would not cut out the speaker holes again, do you think that this will have a huge bearing on the sound quality/noise level?

As you can see from the test fitting (in the pic below) the speaker cone is a nice new sliver so it will match the of the interior (and I also have the speaker shroud I can attach).

BlackMale
General Member

Post by BlackMale » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:45 pm

OK these are the best shots I have. If your really keen and want closer then I’ll have to take some more pictures.

For those with a REALLY keen eye you will see the BOV located in between the accelerator cable and the water hose for the turbo. The second shot will give you more of an indication of what I am talking about. Just need to decide if I am happy with the actual piping itself on an appropriate length for the BOV if I am (with the current design) and if so look into some hose or welding up the rest of the pipe so it reaches the turbo.

As i am not entirely satisfied with this comments/suggestion welcome on pipe+BOV design?

Image.

BlackMale
General Member

Post by BlackMale » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:21 pm

Sorry for the lack of updates (to freaken busy).
I significant lack of progress due to life getting in the way.
She was taken off the jack stands this weekend (and nearly taken me freaken head off - i think i have been under lifted cars for to long).
I'll attempt to uplaod a picture of her in the day light (1st time in about 12-18 mths i reckon) and once we've moved house (in th process of doing this now) i'll attempt to get the dam thing finished as she's juts dragging out to long now.

BlackMale
General Member

Post by BlackMale » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:14 am

NO progress due to work, family and moving into own house. With any luck things will progress again soon.
There have been thoughts about moving to a newer Lib or something however nothing certain. If this happens, and it is appearing unlikely, the RX will get a roll cage and its back to some racing for me - prob more likely to be parted out.

I'll let you know.

BlackMale
General Member

Post by BlackMale » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:32 pm

^^^ Basically as above.

We are now in the new house (although the shed is still full of boxes) and i am kinda sorting out my garage however work/travel has been mad and as a result no swinging of spanners. I could have done it today i suppose however when its about 38 degrees outside who can be assed (when i have air con in the house and cricket - if you can call what we are doing to the WI cricket).

I'll keep you posted on progress.
Cheers.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:50 pm

What ever happened to the old saying - "you can't stop progress"??? I guess you've got it sorted mate!

I know the feeling on not getting things done. I wanted to vacuum my interior out before I put the floor lining back in - that was about 5 months ago! So basically my interior needs to be finished.

Keep trying to work on it, you'll get there!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Return to “Photo Gallery”