Velocity Internet - Canberra - They suck

Put your take on things that go into Subies here ...
benster

Velocity Internet - Canberra - They suck

Post by benster » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:51 am

I have a 2 megabit broadband connection to Transact using Velocity Internet as my ISP. I've been with velocity since December 07.

Over the past 6 months my net connection has been pretty slow. More so over the past 3 months. I thought it was my PC as XP had been on the system with EXTREMELY heavy use for 3 years. I usually do a reinstall after one year.

Anyway... I bought a lappy to replace my main computer and the net speed didn't go up. I ended up comming accross this threadat Whirlpool Forums to find out that the problem was them.

Velocity never let cusotmers outside of whirlpool forums know what was going on.

Velo had switched Upstream Providers about 6 months ago and couldn't supply it's customers with consistant net speed. I was going from a 2mbit connection all the way down to 300kb/s and sometimes less.

As of late August, they announced a change over to a new Upstream Provider and decleared all things being good.

But not for me... oh no. My net speed has not gone over 1.4mbit outside of Aus since. And most of the time my speed is almost exactly half of what it should be and still drops to 400kb/s more often than not.

A continuation of my problem has continued onto another thread on the whirlpool forums here.

For anyone in Canberra... Don't go with Velocity!!!
Read the posts on the Whirlpool forum.

They don't reply to support emails... even at their own requests for you to do so and... well... the list could go on. Suffice to say that it sucks the big one in a HUGE way.

The internet is a complicated bit of kit... and you can't expect 100% connection all the time... but this bites!

CPOCSM

Post by CPOCSM » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:43 am

I went to Grapevine - works a whole lot better than velocity and also Virgin broadband...I couldnt evn conect to the net with Virgin nearly 70 percent of the time!!
Rob Forsyth

benster

Post by benster » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:17 am

Problem with grapevine is their plans a horrible. Very expensive if you're a heavy user.

I get 35 gig for $35 with Velocity but netspeed also have the same deal. I;m trialing netspeed at the moment and all seems to be going well.

caboolture

Is this called spam

Post by caboolture » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:40 pm

smtwg wrote:We are Beijing Torch S&T CO.,LTD which is professional for SMT and PCB machines. our website is http://en.torch.cc/, please go on it to get more information.there is mini-type automatic pick&place machine TP45N, It is automatic fully. If you are interested in it, please contact us freely. our e-mail is market@tonzh.com.the interlinkage is http://en.torch.cc/en/product/TP45N.html.
Is this spam
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1991 gx 3" lift 16" gt Forester alloys,215/65/16 outback struts and pedders raised springs, Turbo motor,gearbox,diff,brakes,bonnet etc now transplanted :D

ChPLAT

Post by ChPLAT » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:51 pm

Yes, yes it is.
Past rides-
1989 Brumby

Current ride-
MY06 Liberty 2.5i Sedan

BrennyV

Post by BrennyV » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:50 pm

no its HAM!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
VER7 STI (FOR SALE) & RIP EJ22 AWD LEONE
PIX @ www.webshots.com/user/4muff

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Hunter S. Thompson
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quote ... 02861.html

tex

Post by tex » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:58 pm

No the Ham is inside the can of spam!
87 targa brumby (Neglected),
92 targa brumby (weekend runabout),
97 Lifted Outback (Dailey drive),
05 outback safety (Too cheap to pass up),
90 model liberty (was to be scrapped instead sold to workmate)
+ others.

snoppy815

i am so happy

Post by snoppy815 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:43 am

You know what ladies your cheap lace wigs are nice ! I can't tell you how many times I went full front lace wig: http://www.royalmewigs.com shopping and left with a pair of earrings and no discount lace front wigs!! I wore half falls before but I see remy lace front wig all the time and when I go try one on it looks shiny and plastic !! If I can just find one perfect wig I would be so happy wig lace: http://www.royalmewigs.com

bobbyjimmy

Post by bobbyjimmy » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:42 am

I always wanted a wig!!

Return to “Product Reviews”