gratemates

Put your take on things that go into Subies here ...
El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:10 pm

Corax wrote:An idea for anyone who is not rolling in money. Mate of mine who does a lot of beach driving cuts up a milk crate into its 5 panals, cable ties them together so that they form a line and uses them under his wheels if he gets bogged. When finished he just folds them up and throws them in the back of his ute. I was amazed at how well these things worked and apart from a bit of elbow grease and 5 finger discount they were free! Obiously not in the same league as the gratemates but not bad for 0$.
TheInterceptor wrote:Your mate is a genius!
Now to find some milk crates - love this idea.

The only issue is that, like carpet, they can't spand a gap! It will help in sand and bog, I'm going to give it a go.

50% of my furniture is made of the same stuff :D good times!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

TheInterceptor

Post by TheInterceptor » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:34 pm

Haha i had to do this, i gained 4 crates and done as said above with 3 of them, although 4 panels instead of 5. They permanently stay in the back off the soob, i am yet to use them :)
83 Touring wagon
92 GL
02 OB

TheInterceptor

Post by TheInterceptor » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:14 pm

Used them on the beach, they worked!
83 Touring wagon
92 GL
02 OB

spike
General Member

Post by spike » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:42 pm

another option is coconut mats used as door mates, throw them on the front floor and dirt and mud fall in and just brush them off when your home, also good as traction aid, jack base, leaning on

Other little thing i found in the back of the shed was some original sand matting pressed during ww2 yes i am serious. Big steel buggers with holes pressed into them. Dad found them at DSTO when he worked there during the reform and grabbed them for some reason. Great for ramps and same as crate mates if you can get them bit heavy and large though

Return to “Product Reviews”