subaextreme bash plate

Put your take on things that go into Subies here ...
taza
General Member

Post by taza » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:16 pm

JamoT wrote:I tore my first subaxtreme sump guard. Did it on a stump hidden in some long grass.

Probably would've taken the sump off if the guard hadn't been there.

Went straight out and bough another one!
Got any pics? Oh and welcome to the found mate!

JamoT

Post by JamoT » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:51 pm

Thanks, I'll have a look to see if I've got any pics of the damaged one. it happened a few years ago.

I'll put a few pics up of my suby when I get the chance.

I didn't even know subaxtreme were back in operation.

JamoT

Post by JamoT » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:03 pm

This is the only pic I can find. The oe of the damage may be on a real photo in a box somewhere.

the roobar is also subaxtreme. It's the second one. Hit a mazda in 2005 that ran a stop sign. Bent the bar and totalled the mazda.

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:06 am

JamoT wrote:Image

This is the only pic I can find. The oe of the damage may be on a real photo in a box somewhere.

the roobar is also subaxtreme. It's the second one. Hit a mazda in 2005 that ran a stop sign. Bent the bar and totalled the mazda.
I've seen your Foz around I think... Is it lifted at all? I have a dark blue 01, just got my new lift kit in :D (4" :cool:) The bar looks great on your foz, I wanted a Subaxtreme one but couldn't justify it for the price. I did score a TJM one on ebay though so I can't complain.
Do you have any spotties on the front of your foz at present? 4 maybe, rectangle ones?

How did your foz go against the Mazda? Just a new replacement bar?

JamoT

Post by JamoT » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:03 pm

I've got a couple of lightforce 170s on there at the moment. I had some 140s until someone helped themselves to them one night!

The bar pushed back onto the left fender. Needed a a new fender and bonnet from memory.

Yes, it is lifted. 55mm at the rear and 40mm at the front. About 8 years ago, the rear self-adjusting shocks went. We went to Alice up the GCR and the bottom kept getting closer to the ground the further we went!

Subaru wanted $1000 each at the time, parts only. Got four uprated King Springs and konis for $1300 fitted the lot.

Richos

Post by Richos » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:25 pm

Received and fitted my Subaxtreme bash plate today and it certainly seems to be spot on for ease of fitting/removing and strength.
Thanks to Andy for a great product and service.
Cheers Richo

Return to “Product Reviews”