Holy crap cheap compressor

Put your take on things that go into Subies here ...
mithba

Holy crap cheap compressor

Post by mithba » Thu May 24, 2012 11:50 pm

So SCA is having a sale, they have a 2.5hp air compressor AND air tool kit AND air line for $229. Save $251 bargain much?

thought I'd let ya'll know

-Mitch

P.S. - Can't for my 1" lift kit to get here and put my rally tires on and hit the dirt/sand with you guys in the near future.

d_generate
General Member

Post by d_generate » Fri May 25, 2012 2:39 am

Great, how about posting a link so we don't have to go searching all over the place to find it.

You mean this????
http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online ... escription
98 Libbo with V3 STI running gear. 13.0 @ 105mph with CAI & 3" Zorst:mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKrsF-2JS3M :twisted:

niterida
General Member

Post by niterida » Fri May 25, 2012 3:18 am

No he means this deal : http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online ... escription

Not too bad actually - the more importnat figure for a compressor is the free air delivery and 180l/min isn't too bad for a small home compressor but some air tools require a bit more than that.

250l/min is really the minimum you need if you intend to do any sort of real spray painting.

I just had a closer look at the kit and I'm going to go grab one. I already have a 'proper' compressor but its an oldie and puts out about 280l/min so is marginal for spray painting. Add this little unit in paralell and bingo - instant 460l/min :-)
And the air tool kit has a grinder, die grinder, ratchet and drill that I was planning on buying (actually just bought a die grinder so that can go on ebay), and I need a longer hose. So if you look at those costing me $240 then the compressor is free :)

While we are on specials did anyone else see the repco special on trolley jacks ? I nabbed one for $140 instead of $280 and it came with free screw type axle stands worth $65. With no weight on the jack it only takes 2 pumps of the handle to be fully raised - excellent !!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

mithba

Post by mithba » Fri May 25, 2012 8:19 am

Yeah I am gonna pick one up after work. I won't be using it for spray painting just for the tools. Always wanted one just a bit too expensive.

- Mitch

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Fri May 25, 2012 9:12 am

huh! thort i got a deal at sca with their alloy tool boxes marked down from three hundred to 240. Walked into same at Bumings for 197 last night, just diifferent bit of badge engineering :(

d_generate
General Member

Post by d_generate » Fri May 25, 2012 5:44 pm

Yeah not too bad, just remember to never use a compressor on an extension cord (buy a longer hose, I ended up with 3-15m hoses in the end) it burns the thingamybobs out, they need full power off the wall, I remember in my last house which was 50yrs old the only plug I could use was in the hallway.............Made those old floorboards fairly rattle lol.
98 Libbo with V3 STI running gear. 13.0 @ 105mph with CAI & 3" Zorst:mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKrsF-2JS3M :twisted:

mithba

Post by mithba » Fri May 25, 2012 8:04 pm

Thanks for the info on the extension cords, didn't know that. Bought the combo on the way home from work, had a play around with the tools and stuff when I got home. Luckily the pack included 20m of air hose so it should be plenty enough. Now I just have to buy some impact sockets to go with the impact wrench.

- Mitch

Return to “Product Reviews”