installing splits... 95 lib gx.

Get wild & funky with your Mobile disco ...
fleaborg

installing splits... 95 lib gx.

Post by fleaborg » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:06 pm

evening all,

i got some aftermarket splits for the front of my liberty and am trying to replace the factory splits. the questions i have are... does the factory system have crossovers in there? if so where?

i was hoping i could adapt the factory wiring to the aftermarket speakers like i have in the rear.

cheers,
fleaborg.
'86 DL Wagon. KYB Shocks. King Springs. 13" Sunraysias.
'95 GX Liberty Wagon. Kenwood/Hertz Sound System. 17" WRX Wheels. Otherwise stock.

D3V1L

Post by D3V1L » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:12 pm

dont bother...just run new wiring..its well worth the extra $10 it will cost...the factory stuff wont work and wont get the performance out of the speakers

dave
no more subarus

[/SIZE] [/color][/B][/color][/SIZE][/color]http://community.webshots.com/user/D3V1L9

fleaborg

Post by fleaborg » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:44 pm

any advice on where to put the crossover boxes? they look too big to be attached to the door panels.

also any advice on getting the speaker wires through the rubber hose things that go between the body and the door?
'95 GX Liberty Wagon. Kenwood/Hertz Sound System. 17" WRX Wheels. Otherwise stock.

RetroLover

Post by RetroLover » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:52 am

D3V1L wrote:dont bother...just run new wiring..its well worth the extra $10 it will cost...the factory stuff wont work and wont get the performance out of the speakers

dave
This is what i said to a mate of mine, but he insisted to just make a cut in the old wires and attach the new speakers with electrical tape, instead of threading through new speaker cable, and my god dont the rear speakers sound like shit. Good thing the entire sound system is getting changed this thursday cant wait, my sound system will sound as awesome as my old Leone's custom Clarion sound system.

vincentvega

Post by vincentvega » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:42 am

there is nothing wrong with the factory wiring in a subaru. it's pretty good quality

that said, I replaced the wiring completely in my car. easiest way to get the wiring through those rubber grommets is remove them completely from the door / car and untape both ends. use a coat hanger as a draw wire and your set. some talcum powder will make everything nice and slippery (old electricians trick...)
brumbyrunner wrote:And just to clarify the real 4WD thing, Subarus are an unreal 4WD.

fleaborg

Post by fleaborg » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:01 pm

cheers for the advice lads. theyre in and wired and sounding great. when i next have some spare time i'll redo the wiring to the back speakers. then start saving some dough for a good quality amp.

Return to “Sound / Entertainment Systems”