Gen1 Liberty Front Speakers/Sound System

Get wild & funky with your Mobile disco ...
RetroLover

Post by RetroLover » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:48 pm

Funny you should mention that.... Ever heard of the term Murphy's Law??

"if anything can go wrong, it will."

My mate was kinda helpful.. didnt really achieve much in the sound system, but he sure did a brilliant job a screwing it up and making a mess of things. Half my screws and plastic clips are missing since he took them of. Had to go to the local Subaru dealers Spare parts devision to order these catalogue size parts and all. The center console/dash area where the sound system deck goes in looks like a DIY bomb went off, shit everywhere. Not happy at the moment, said he'll help me out, i trusted his word, and now there are more problems than before the uncompleted installation began. Should of got my German mate to install the sound system like last time with the Leone, he did a brilliant job with everything, it was the best Leone sound system of all of the west. lol.

Now since im kinda in damage control trying to fix up the mess created, im just going to get it installed proffesionally now for a few hundred bucks, i would preffer spending alot of money getting it proffesionally installed and making the sound system sound great than letting an amiture at my Liberty again. Im trying to bring my Liberty to its former glory, make it look new inside and out, and having shit like this happens doesnt put me in a particular good mood.

By mid November i should have all this mess fixed up, ill let you know what it sounds like and all. Cant wait to take her off road for the first time next month:mrgreen::mrgreen: when i have a moment to spare. Quality off road fang sessions are long over due:D

Bumpty
General Member

Post by Bumpty » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:47 am

Bit of a shitter then. When you get it all sorted, let us know how you go about it...

RetroLover

Post by RetroLover » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:27 pm

Bumpty wrote:Bit of a shitter then. When you get it all sorted, let us know how you go about it...
Done:D

Got it installed properly a few days ago now. All the old shitty speaker cable replaced and all, sounds a little quite than i thought the speakers that is, maybe because im driving a wagon now opposed to the sedan i had before thats why it sounds different, a bit of freq adjusting on the amps should do the trick.

I used my Clarion deck from my other car i bought back in 2005, got that running to 2 clarion amps, both 4 channel. One amp is dedicated to the crossover boxes at the front splits (250W 6"), also the rear speakers (200W 6") as well. The second amp is dedicated to a single Clarion single coil sub at the moment. Ive got the added option of putting a second sub in there given that i have 2channels left on the second amp. A bit of tweaking and i think ive got a good sound system going.

The Liberty has been a working project since i got it, its been more of a problem child than the Leone thats for sure. Finding more problems than i ever thought was possible. Then trying to locate parts, and getting ****ing responses. But most of what i want to do is now complete, got it booked in next week for the tints, and i think shes done.

Return to “Sound / Entertainment Systems”