Liberty radio ?

Get wild & funky with your Mobile disco ...
seagull

Liberty radio ?

Post by seagull » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:19 am

whats the go with the double din size radio .do you make a face plate to fit the gap or can you buy this item ? I have not seen another set up than stock .

vincentvega

Post by vincentvega » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:04 am

get yourself a single din CD Player. alot of the pioneer ones fit perfectly flush with the stereo surround.

then for the 1 1/2 DIN hole you have left, you want a 1 1/2 DIN pocket out of a LX liberty. The LX came with a cheaper single DIN radio, whereas your GX came with the better 1 1/2 DIN radio.

I have a spare one of these sitting at home you can have for $35 if you like (what it cost me) I dont need it anymore as i have a LCD screen in my dash filling the hole.

Another neat trick with the Gen1 dash is to ditch the ash tray (i dont smoke anyway) and you can mount your UHF radio in the space left. I have an ICOM IC400PRO mounted there and it fits perfectly and looks spot on.

vincentvega

Post by vincentvega » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:09 am

Just remembered I had a picture of my dash.

The 1 1/2 DIN pocket fills the gap where my screen is. The CD player can go above or below it whatever you prefer.

See what i mean about the pioneer fitting in perfectly with the dash surround.[/img]

Return to “Sound / Entertainment Systems”