colour codes for factory L series radio?

Get wild & funky with your Mobile disco ...
jim

colour codes for factory L series radio?

Post by jim » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:12 pm

does anyone know the colour codes for the factory L series radio, i need the 2 front speakers, the ignition wire, the battery wire and the ground/earth wire

cheers

jim

jim

Post by jim » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:32 am

worked it out, all good now

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:42 am

what colour were they, if you can still remember?
thx
The project, EJ22 --->>> EJ25 Quad CAM:D touring wagon
Thinking of going on holidays on a little paradise island, Check out http://www.dodolidays.com

GOD

Post by GOD » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:45 am

Front speakers are blue and white (both left and right) on the cars I've looked at. Ign and battery should be easy to find with a multimeter/test light.

Dane.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1993 EA82/EJ18/EJ22/EJ22/EJ20/EJ22 L Series perpetual project

jim

Post by jim » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:46 am

I drew a diagram of the plug while testing, if you got a fax machine i could send it through.

I would assume that all models had the same plug and configuration but these cars are japanese and assumption is the mother...

openflame06

Post by openflame06 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:47 am

Best way is multimeter and test light.

To get the accessory wire/battery wire hook up the multimeter to an earth then probe with the car off until you find 12V - that will be the battery wire. Its normally the thickest out of all the wires.

Keep the earth connected then turn the car to on, probe for another 12V wire that isnt the battery wire - once you find it, turn the car off and the multimeter should read 0 volts - this wire is the accessory.

As for the speakers, if you have speakers already plugged in ive seen people just hook two wires up to a 6volt battery and listen for where the crackle noise comes from. Other then doing that, set the multimeter to ohms and test for continuity from wire at the head unit loom to a wire where the speakers are, then you will know where it goes to and of course then you know what speaker it is.

Return to “Sound / Entertainment Systems”