1998 liberty rx standard clarion head unit

Get wild & funky with your Mobile disco ...
benmick6

1998 liberty rx standard clarion head unit

Post by benmick6 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:44 pm

hey guys on the weekend i pulled the clarion head unit (im pretty sure its standard) out of my 98 liberty to put it in my 92 liberty. because im about to sell the 92 and wanted to keep my jvc head unit for the newly aquired 98 liberty. i wired all the speakers in correctly first go fluked it i think. I then wired in the power and the antenna remote and i still had a yellow wire left over. it works fine but i noticed i have no backlight at all on it. Is the yellow wire a seperate power wire just to power the backlights or is it something that i dont need to wire in and is the backlight just knackered?
cheers

wrxer

Post by wrxer » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:30 pm

isnt yellow the power wire either memory for the radio stations and clock or the ignition power. i think yellow is permanent power or memory wire and red is ignition. unless you want the stereo to work without the key on then you connect both to power. have you got only the one power wire connected (prob red) or two (red and another colour). if you already got two connected to power then your left over yellow is indeed the light.

ChPLAT

Post by ChPLAT » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:52 am

If i remember correctly yellow is illumination switch. It gets hooked to the parker switch so when the parkers come on the back light intensifies at night.

I think that's right, haven't wired one in years but the last one i did was a 2004 after market one.
Past rides-
1989 Brumby

Current ride-
MY06 Liberty 2.5i Sedan

benmick6

Post by benmick6 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:03 pm

thanks guys. i sold it today so i didnt get a chance to fix it. now ive just gotta wait till next wed to get my new one registered. im so keen

Return to “Sound / Entertainment Systems”