Subie 1800 sound system

Get wild & funky with your Mobile disco ...
TheInterceptor

Subie 1800 sound system

Post by TheInterceptor » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:42 pm

Gday guys

Ive recently purchased an 1800 wagon which im lovin and hopefully gunna mod it up into a go anywhere machine. Anyways, first things first, the AM radio playing through a small dash speaker just doesnt cut it!
So, has anybody out there put in a DIN headunit and some speakers in their 1800?

Cheers :)

spike
General Member

Post by spike » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:01 pm

probably 80 percent of the people on here have put some sort of sound gear in the L wagons.

look though the post and find out.
asking for everyone to tell you what theyve done is quite useless if its written up here. check in this section, if needed go back till the begining (it will open a lot more threads) or check the my car section, i do belive someguy (username) will have something to show off

TheInterceptor

Post by TheInterceptor » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:22 pm

ok thanks, yeah mines a my wagon (a 1983), id imagine its different to the L series system, i have looked through and didnt quite find what im after.....

Well anyways now im after speaker placements...wondering how to go about doing this and where.
Gotta find me that my section then, after all ive just joined up so still lookin around :)

spike
General Member

Post by spike » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:28 pm

yep have a look around its your best bet

speakers usually go in the doors, front and rear door trims, ive seen a couple of people put tweeters in the ash trays, subs in the rear.

yeah really just keep checking, usually its the younger guys on here who go all out with the speakers but just check the my cars threads and somthing should take your fancy

TheInterceptor

Post by TheInterceptor » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:53 pm

I bet its gunna be fun choppin up my doors.
Allrighty thanks mate.

Return to “Sound / Entertainment Systems”