Am I doing it wrong?

Get wild & funky with your Mobile disco ...
Avidus

Am I doing it wrong?

Post by Avidus » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:08 pm

Hey guys, when i bought my impreza the owner before gave me a Nesa Vision DVD 8000
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_416 ... -8000.html
And i cannot connect it to my speakers.. or an amp due to it not actually have the cables that connect to sound, just power.

What can I do about this?
its missing some pins in the back, but they arnt a problem, mostly i need to know where the cables go for sound output.

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:56 pm

what you need is the plug that should have come with the player, without it you have a nice paper weight. I suggest that you go back to the person you got it off and ask for the plug. Or go to the manufacturer and ask for the plug.

GOOD luck

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

SuBaRiNo

Post by SuBaRiNo » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:05 am

Yeah sounds like it's missing a cable. Since it was given to you sounds like u can't return it. For what it's worth it's more than likely faulty anyways. I think over half these that I installed stuffed up within 6 months.

Nesa is a dodgy brand usually.. It's just rebadged china stuff. The only Nesa unit we never had problems with was their half din DVD player.

Dave
EJ conversion wiring harness cut downs available. Please PM or email (davem2000@hotmail.com) for details.

SuBaRiNo

Post by SuBaRiNo » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:08 am

I forgot to add. The supplier and repairer for these in Perth is Neltronics. I'm not sure who deals with them over there but maybe they can send u one or point u in the right direction.

Also If u find the region for the DVD is wrong I have the instructions on how to make it multi region.

Dave
EJ conversion wiring harness cut downs available. Please PM or email (davem2000@hotmail.com) for details.

Avidus

Post by Avidus » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:42 pm

Thanks guys, Well it has the original plug in it, but i think the previous owner stuffed it up, I can fix it if I had the right size and shape female pins, and I suspect that id find them in a Suzuki. but no wreckers here have them =/

What saddens me is if i cant get this to work then id have 7" screen thats completely useless. And i wouldnt be able to watch movies while driving in busy traffic.

Return to “Sound / Entertainment Systems”