Aux input in my MY07 liberty??

Get wild & funky with your Mobile disco ...
voltron

Aux input in my MY07 liberty??

Post by voltron » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:19 pm

Ok so ive been researching this for a while now and starting to get a bit frustrated because i keep getting different answers haha

I want to know if it is possible to install an Aux input into my MY07 Liberty, the stereo in it is just the stock standard one which has an Aux option on it but no input for it??

The best solution ive had so far is from Alberts car stereo's, they said there is a special ipod connection that works like an FM transmitter but it gets hardwired into the radio so it gets very minimal static and feed back. Is there something better than this?

if it is possible to install an Aux input, which im guessing it is seeing as there is a button for it on the stereo and there is a space for it in the centre console, where can i buy the parts needed?

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:26 pm

G'Day voltron and welcome.

Firstly I will say that if there is a button that says Aux then there probably is a Auxillary connection. Have you had a look in your owners manual? It should say if there is a Aux connection and if so where it is, which most of the time is on the front of the headunit/dash, in the centre console, glovebox or sometimes on the back of the headunit.
It maybe on the back of the headunit and if so I would recommend getting someone or yourself to put a 3.5mm headphone jack into the back and run the cable inot your glovebox or centre console.

Yes you can wire in a ipod connection straight to the radio but iv heard if you do this you loose all your radio all together:???: Im not completely sure there... I wouldn't be doing this but thats my 2cents worth. I would just wire a wireless fm transmitter if there was no Aux connection.

Take a look in your owners manual first.

Taza

voltron

Post by voltron » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:46 pm

thanks for your help
ive had a look in the owners manual and its got diagrams showing the input in the centre console but the head unit in the manual is a mcintosh headunit, where mine is just the stock standard basic one. i thought it might be in the back of the head unit, im just a bit worried about pulling everything out. ill get someone to look at it for me

SVXdc

Post by SVXdc » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:03 pm

Some models in Australia have the aux button on the radio, but don't include the aux jack from the factory. There is an optional accessory kit to add that. See this thread:

[INDENT]Subaru MY06 Outback - Aux Input Question[/INDENT]

If you can't buy that kit locally, I can build an equivalent using a USDM Impreza aux harness (along with the Legacy/Liberty/Outback aux jack "pod"). E-mail me for details (see my homepage).

Does your Liberty have the factory audio steering wheel controls (SWCs)?
1996 SVX L AWD Laguna Blue Pearl
Useful Subaru pin-outs and other info

voltron

Post by voltron » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:10 pm

nah mine doesnt have any radion controls at all on the steering wheel

SVXdc

Post by SVXdc » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:09 pm

That makes it even easier. You can take the 2008 Impreza aux cable, re-pin the 6-pin plug that goes into the aux pod, and plug that into a 2007-2009 Liberty/Outback aux pod (the kind with the square face, like the blank panel in your centre console).

In cars with the SWCs, there is a factory harness for those wires that plugs into the HU's aux socket. So the harness in the OEM aux kit has another leg with a socket for the SWC harness. See pictures in the thread I linked to.
1996 SVX L AWD Laguna Blue Pearl
Useful Subaru pin-outs and other info

Return to “Sound / Entertainment Systems”