New members - Read first post & say G'day

"Read before registering / posting - New Members"
nick_ando16

Post by nick_ando16 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:45 pm

Cool cool!

rocky631689

Post by rocky631689 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:41 pm

G'day guys n gals....

well, to start with....My name's Matt, I'm 32, a POM (please don't hold it against me!) but now living in WA - 2 months now and absolutely love it here! Have never owned a scoobie until a few weeks ago when I purchased my 08 Impreza RS (couldn't quite stretch to a WRX) and gotta say, GREAT CAR!!! It's standard (except for window tint) at the moment, though i wanna upgrade the headlamps to HID. Was a lot of money to spend but it's definately worth it. :) So much so that the wife is looking to buy a Forester now after admitting that she now knows why people fall in love with them ;)

Anyway, that's a bit about me - hope to join in with some of the other forums, banter and laughter (I expect at my expense LOL!) and maybe see a few fellow WAers out and about sometime!

mrflibbles

Post by mrflibbles » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:51 pm

hi guys, i am finally putting up my first post! my name is Paul and i am from Adelaide. I just bought my first subaru a 91 Liberty wagon (its for the mrs!), but have been harrassed for a while by the father in law who is a subaru believer (brumby ute and late model liberty).
i may look at getting a brumby or l series wagon later for myself (depends on how long it takes for me to kill my 60 series landcruiser!)

DOHC_Holiday

Post by DOHC_Holiday » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:45 am

Hello from the USA! Like my fellow new member Frogstar7055 (I basically followed him here), I am in Florida.

Storm

Post by Storm » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:52 pm

Hi. I'm Michael from NW NSW. I've been reading the forum for a little while now and thought I'd sign up and say g'day. I've ever owned a Subi before but am looking for a Brumby or an 1800 wagon that I can play with over time. I have found an unregistered August 1990 Brumby Sports for $1800. Needs a little work for rego and on the body but all in all it looks like a tidy unit.

See you round the traps.

Bumpty
General Member

Post by Bumpty » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:41 pm

Hopefully not in the traps ;)
Remember pics, if you end up getting the car!
Welcome.

yarney
General Member

Post by yarney » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:37 pm

DOHC_Holiday wrote:Hello from the USA! Like my fellow new member Frogstar7055 (I basically followed him here), I am in Florida.
Welcome to the forum

Jan
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] !!!Subies will go anywhere

Storm

Post by Storm » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:15 pm

Bumpty, thanks for the welcome. I didn't get the car it sold for $2500 and it wasn't worth that much, so I shall keep looking and post pics when I finally do get one.

MaybeBrumby

Post by MaybeBrumby » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:17 pm

Hi folks. Have finally joined after lurking around all week. Nothing dodgy - just searching for info and opinions. There are some wise words and clever insights on here so I decided to ask you all for some opinions. The 'MaybeBrumby' handle stems from the fact that I have been offered a swap for my (okay, not flash) EL Falcon sedan. My brother is willing to part with his relatively tidy 89 Brumby with a 2inch (I guess) lift kit, 14inch Sunraysias (that match the white paint) and tinted windows. He bought it cheap from an old country boy who apparently owned in for yonks and got the work done fairly recently. It's okay but old. There is almost no rust (virtually rust free in the tray!), paint faded but clean, motor tired(?) but okay, tires okay but in real need of a wheel alignment. It's done about 260 k's and is mainly stock. The motor is a EA81 but it has an electronic dizzy, which I though was a later thing. There is a decent sports exhaust though the one muffler does have a 20cent piece sized hole in it. Finally, here are my issues (at last!) - I just can't decide! It's a very rattly and noisy ol beast (I know it's almost 20yo but...) and not very comfy. I know the seats are thin but I suspect these are shot - is ti hard to transpant soemthing more lux? The motor has a rattle which sounds to me like a needs for a rocker/tappet adjustment, which I ma relatively confident I can do myself - is it likely to be more dramatic than that? The steering is very twitchy - is an alignment likely to improve that or is it normal? The gear shift is minestrone - you know, stir it around and see what coems up - with huge swings between gears - is that usual? Could it just needs the linkages tweeked? Or could it be more dramatic? Sorry for the long post, folks, especially for a maiden speech, but I figure it's better than asking one question after another??? Any opinions (other than flames:-) gratefully received.....

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:59 pm

G'day MaybeBrumby! Welcome to the forum.

To answer all your questions and get other's opinions you should start another thread in the "Member's Section" under the other sub-topic forums, you'll see what I mean when you get there, just scroll down.

Flames isn't the answer - if its headed that way, give the brumby to me :twisted:

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

neirbo-turbo

Hi everyone!

Post by neirbo-turbo » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:03 pm

Hey everyone,
I have already put a couple of posts up and thought i'd better introduce myself...my name is Orion, I live in Tasmania, studying outdoor education at university in Launceston! I joined the forum a month or two ago as a way of researching the almighty L series wagon in order to decide which 4x4 would best suit my needs... and now, i am the very proud owner of my own baby L. White, free of rust, with 14" speedies, 2" cat back with hotdog and in very good condition... She ought to get me to those hard to reach bushwalking/ rockclimbing/kayaking destonations!!!

Future plans are for some lift, spotties, rear wheel carrier, upgraded stereo, and eventually.. EJ power and drive train!

I am already addicted to this forum.. check it out everyday to see what's going on, learning more and more each time. The most pleasing thing about the forum is that there are so many very knowledgable and passionate subaru enthusiasts on here, who are all very happy to help out!

That's all from me for now, Cheers,
Orion

Soobaroo

Post by Soobaroo » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:19 pm

Hi! I am new here and also new to the brand of Subaru! I wont give you my life story but I live in Perth and have always been a Holden and Ford driver but thought.......stuff it! lets try something different!.....so I got meself a 91 Liberty to play with. Now its only a FWD sedan but I need to start somewhere with a Subaru. Cost me $1800 with 186000kms and drives like a dream and feels so solid and straight compared to my previous cars (and good on fuel too!). I have basiclly detailed the car from inside out in the past week and has come up brilliantly but unfortunately is still nothing special to look at yet (damn hubcaps!...yuk!). I plan on getting a nice exhaust, wheels, tint, lowering etc done on it in the future. Oh, and a nice stereo install!

78sti

Post by 78sti » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:54 pm

Alll all, I am not really new just been missing for some years as I have been owner building a house

I have a 2000 h6 outback, lifted with subixtreme bars front and back and has just been converted to lpg.

My other car is a 1978 l88 ute with wrx conversion (some of you may remember this.) I am currently doing some suspension work on this - front sway bar modified to fit the back and 24mm sway for the front. coilovers and neoprene bushes to the front end.

vincentvega

Post by vincentvega » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:13 pm

love to see some pics of the L88 mate!
brumbyrunner wrote:And just to clarify the real 4WD thing, Subarus are an unreal 4WD.

Wilbur
General Member

Post by Wilbur » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:56 pm

Little green L88 ?
There is only one thing you must do in your life. Everything else is a choice.

T'subaru

Post by T'subaru » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:55 pm

Greetings,
I've just arrived from Washington state USA. I have a couple ea82 1800 turbo vehicles, '90 Loyale and '89 rx. Can any one direct me to an outfit I can purchase a lift kit for my RX? I've had no luck here in the states.
I enjoy the site, lots of good stuff.

78sti

Post by 78sti » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:09 pm

The little green ute

ImageImage

Banker01

Post by Banker01 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:01 am

Greetings all. I live in Townsville and I too am a Subaholic. (I have 2 Brumbys and a 93 Liberty). Now to the problem. I am going to put the EJ22 out if the Lib into the Brumby and need help. I've downloaded RXTurbo's detailed instructions (EXCELLENT) but the pics were not attached. If anyone has them, particularly of the wiring loom please p.m. or post them. The wiring is my big fear. Apart from that, I have a complete car and an adaptor plate. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers.

Fatz
General Member

Post by Fatz » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:58 am

78sti wrote:The little green ute

ImageImage

Awesome.
Very nice.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:15 pm

subuaroodude wrote:Greetings,
I've just arrived from Washington state USA. I have a couple ea82 1800 turbo vehicles, '90 Loyale and '89 rx. Can any one direct me to an outfit I can purchase a lift kit for my RX? I've had no luck here in the states.
I enjoy the site, lots of good stuff.
You've dropped in on the right forum - PM Subi Wan Kenobi (check spellling there mate), He's the guy who makes the lift kits under the BYB banner. Good luck.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Return to “New Members & Introductions”