first time Hello

"Read before registering / posting - New Members"
Tim

first time Hello

Post by Tim » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

Hi Guys

long time admirer of Subarus going back to Brumbys.
I have got a Hawkeye WRX and a 2000 model Outback.

The Rex has been hotted up and abused, I am bringing it up to spec for licensing here in WA, things like removing the blow off valve, adding an airbox and maybe replacing the coil-overs, depending on how fussy the inspector is.
I also had to swap the wide 18's back to a more civilized sizing. Also giving the car a bit of a general tidy up.

Trying to add a photo here but not having any luck

I found a bizzo under the handbrake lever, has a few wires but not sure what it is. Any ideas ? I will add a photo of it when I learn how
clicking on the insert image icon dead ends

Tim

Subyroo

Re: first time Hello

Post by Subyroo » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:03 pm

G'day Tim and Welcome!

Upload your image to a place like https://imgur.com/t/upload, click on the green NEW POST in the top left hand corner - then Choose Photo/Video on the right hand side and choose the image from your PC. Then click on the ... on the top right corner of your picture, go down to the "Get share links" > go down to "BBCode (Forums)" > click the green "Copy link". Now come back to the Forum and Ctrl + V to paste the coded link in here.
To check and see if you have got it right, click on the Preview button down beside the Submit button, if it's all good... continue on with your post or Submit. :mrgreen:

I hope that helps you out.
Last edited by Subyroo on Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:21 pm

G’day Tim!

Welcome to the forum. Where are you moving from to the great Wait Awhile land?

As Subyroo said, your image is hosted from a third party site and the link dropped in here with some basic coding if not already provided. Sadly it’s not as easy as dropping a pic directly in here, it’s old school on forums which is part of our/it’s downfall when compared to big social media platforms…

I’m looking forward to seeing pics of your WRX! How long have you owned it?

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Tim

Post by Tim » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:22 pm

beautifully explained Subyroo

This the Rex that I have had for a few months

Not moving from anywhere Bennie, the car has run out of licence and needs to be inspected before I can get fresh plates.

Image this is the bizzo that is under the center console (hand brake)

Tim

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:15 pm

Hmmm, I can’t see your pics but that could be my phone - so I got the link from your post and checked them out. I also couldn’t see how to grab a code to post on the forum (if they’re working for others), that could be because I’m not a member of imgur or the account holder…

That gizmo under the console could be a G sensor for the airbag system. If you do a parts search using your vin at partsouq and look at the body wiring you might work out what it is exactly. Or pull the part number from it and plug that into the same website to get a name for that device.

Hope that helps.

Sorry for assuming you moved to WA - it’s not common for ppl to let regos lapse requiring a full inspection from my understanding. You guys have the bonus of sell a vehicle, change name, done. No RWC as such needed if licences/registered. Noice!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Subyroo

Post by Subyroo » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:26 pm

I can't see the picture/s here either, but found it on Imgur.
I downloaded Tim's 2 pictures. Then I uploaded them to Imgur myself, I had to copy the BBcode link for Forums to get the pictures to work. :mrgreen:

Last edited by Subyroo on Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Subyroo

Post by Subyroo » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:43 pm

Tim wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:22 pm
beautifully explained Subyroo

This the Rex that I have had for a few months

Not moving from anywhere Bennie, the car has run out of licence and needs to be inspected before I can get fresh plates.

Image this is the bizzo that is under the center console (hand brake)

Tim
Tim, have a look at my instructions above (2nd post), I have edited my instructions, plus I have uploaded your 2 pictures.
If you edit your post where you attempted to post your pictures, add in the links for your 2 pictures, then I'll re-edit my post above and remove the pictures from my post. Image

Return to “New Members & Introductions”