G'day from Victoria :)

"Read before registering / posting - New Members"
coruphius

G'day from Victoria :)

Post by coruphius » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:02 pm

Hi all!

My name is Cory! recently discovered this forum while doing a search on subaru liberty parts and information.

Im about to purchase a 92' subaru liberty GX AWD for about $500 aparently with a starter motor that doesnt work, but then the guy said that he jumped started it which made me think (apart from he may not know what he is talking about) that the alternator has passed it's used by date (previous experience with my ex's 92' liberty)

theres the usual wear and tear aswell with it, but im not concerned about that as i need a car and i will happily get it on the road as this particular model is one of my fav subaru's. i have had a look at the car and im satisfied with the condition of it, the bumpers can be replaced but im in no hurry as yet

Another thing too which i found out when replacing the headunit in the subaru is the half space DIN gap, i tried looking around when i was with the ex for something that will fit the gap like a pocket, but i couldnt find any facia that would help out.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 500wt_1156

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:45 pm

G'day Cory.

Welcome to the forum!

That lib looks alright - for me with it being an auto I'd give it a miss, but each to their own.

The other issue that could be at play here is that the ignition relay has died - I'd have a look at that before you go buying a new starter motor (I just recently got one for a manual ~$260!). Check out this thread for a cheap mod that is simple to replace back to factory if needed.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Return to “New Members & Introductions”