Hello from Newcastle.

"Read before registering / posting - New Members"
Sethanon

Hello from Newcastle.

Post by Sethanon » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:31 pm

Hello All,

After many years of wanting a 1992 Brumby my wife has finally agreed to let me sell my current car and look for the brumby of my dreams! I've not got much mechanical experience when it comes to cars but I have tinkered with lawn mowers and motorbikes. I hope to do a bit of restoring and then once I'm comfortable, some converting of the brumby so it'll last longer then eternity :)

I've been reading this fourm for awhile now and I can't wait to get my little Brumby!

Cheers,

Seth

Proton mouse

Post by Proton mouse » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:59 pm

Welcome Seth!
Hope you find a good clean one to start with.
Plenty of good info here and a think tank to help if you get stuck!!
regards
John

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:57 am

Just don't tell the forgiving wife that it is now a good idea to buy a second one for parts, or build a better one while daily drive the other ....sadly :( you are within the buy region of Willy Fisterbottom - you'd better see it before he does - he can't stop !

henpecked

Post by henpecked » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:10 am

Sethanon wrote:Hello All,

After many years of wanting a 1992 Brumby my wife has finally agreed to let me sell my current car and look for the brumby of my dreams! I've not got much mechanical experience when it comes to cars but I have tinkered with lawn mowers and motorbikes. I hope to do a bit of restoring and then once I'm comfortable, some converting of the brumby so it'll last longer then eternity :)

I've been reading this fourm for awhile now and I can't wait to get my little Brumby!

Cheers,

Seth
sounds good, welcome - find one with little rust and ten cut it all out before anything else, always check at the base of the cabin/tray area - and the bottom corners of the windscreen. Those places are a little difficult.

- they are rare as - but one with A?C and sports roofs are worth waiting for -

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:46 pm

Welcome.

1992 brumby eh? I'm guessing the white with the "brumby" and grey stripe stickers down the side. That'll command quite a price for a good one.

Personally I wouldn't just look for that year - keep an eye out for a clean rust free unit, and also look out for the targa tops. Dad says they're a gimmick as you "can't cruise at 100km/h with them open and still hear yourself think"; but I love them around town and removing them on those warm days.

Also don't get emotion involved with the purchase - been there done that. This will only leave you with the first brumby you see and most likely not the best unit for the best price. There are plenty of brumbys out there on the market at the moment - check a few dodgy ones out so you know what to look for and go from there.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

majordad1

Post by majordad1 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:00 pm

Good luck with finding a good one Seth. I have had mine for 6 months now and drive the missus mad as I am always doing something to it. Next project is finding a decent set of wheels for it, ongoing. They are great little runabouts and as economical as all get out, I only use 8.5 lt per 100kms around town without even trying that hard.

mattw

Post by mattw » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:47 pm

Agree with all the advice above. Look for the best body you can find, look very hard at any rust, coz it will grow rapidly. Rare to find without a beaten up tray and tailgate. A/C is rare, I don't know if any ever came with p/s, but many want to fit it from an MY wagon. Be patient, and keep looking. The right one will come up eventually.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:16 pm

I wouldn't say that AC is rare. It's common enough, but many brumbys were purchased as a farm get around vehicle so it didn't matter so much about AC.

How's the search going?

Cheers

Bennie

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:40 pm

wtf happened to Seth ?? Never came back in here .....

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:26 pm

I guess Seth got lost on a Brumby-hunting crusade!

Or he made a purchase and has been Brumby running ever since and not had the time to reply here...

Maybe :rolleyes:

Bennie

Return to “New Members & Introductions”