Liberty Head Unit

"Read before registering / posting - New Members"
Meanz

Liberty Head Unit

Post by Meanz » Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:33 pm

Hi everyone,
I have a 2015 Subaru Liberty 2.5i, and I am looking at upgrading my head unit with the one that comes in the premium version of the car or at least from a 2016 or 2017 standard car. Does anyone know if these will fit my model?

I took off my head unit a while back to disconnect the GPS as it kept giving me audible speed warnings for going 1 Km/h over. ( You are over the speed limit...so annoying) I was surprised that it had GPS already installed but the head unit does not support it, so I am assuming with the newer or premium head unit, the GPS should work.?

My current head unit is so slow and laggy, Bluetooth sometimes d/c then reconnects at random times, the audio quality is pretty bad, it does not display song names from any player other than Samsung music and does not support android auto or have navigation etc. which is why I am looking to swap it for a newer one. I tried to see if there is a firmware update but it only has that option for the units with Starlink.

Thanks all, any help in this matter would be appreciated :)

Bantum
General Member

Re: Liberty Head Unit

Post by Bantum » Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:02 pm

As far as I know the newer Subaru head units are not backwards compatible ... :/
i.e. : they won't fit ( due to size differences ) with incompatible software & existing software that can't be upgraded easily.

If you can find a 'upgrade' from the same model year that may work,
but the Only real option is to get an aftermarket unit & all that entails ... :mmm:
( new units / connections, etc. )

I would go to a Auto store like Alpine to see what they can offer ... :)

Cheers, Bantum ...

Return to “New Members & Introductions”