New members - Read first post & say G'day

"Read before registering / posting - New Members"
T'subaru

Post by T'subaru » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:59 pm

Thanks for the welcome Bennie, I have been chatting with Suby and will have a 3" kit on the way soon. Awesome community you guys have here!
Mark

T'subaru

a proper introduction

Post by T'subaru » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:51 am

Hi Guys,
A few months ago I purchased my first Subaru, a 90 loyale turbo. I was looking for suspension mods on the web and ran across a wagon like mine flying thru the air. I showed my wife and said " I want my car to do that!!!"
She thinks I'm Wack! Well, Ive got the bug bad. I now also have an '89 RX turbo that I'm in the process of buying a BYB 3" lift kit for. I just won a bid for 15x6 alloys off a 85' peugeot on e-bay for $107.00 us. Later I will figure out how to mount 15x8's. I plan headlight and bumper mod's after I get suspension mod's finished up. About me: 48, family man ( subuaroo is how my young son pronounces subaru). I live on the ocean coastline of Washington,USA. I drive my subaru's 300 miles round trip to downtown Seattle where I install glass,etc on hi rise buildings. I have never in my years seen a modified subaru other than a front bumper on a "Brat",you call them Brumby's. They have all but disappeared here, but our freeways are crawling with foresters,wrx's and the like. I spend 5 to 7 hours in traffic daily and would proudly display any web site info to spread "the bug". Just let me know.
I will send in pic's as I go with these mod's.
Excellent site, a wealth of info and entertainment.
Mark

http://westportcam.com/

Lenigas

Post by Lenigas » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:45 am

Hey guys
I live in Adeliade and i just bought my first subaru, 89 L series wagon, with 315,000km lol. It was only $750
shes got the standard EA82 with the dual range box, white paint with black stocky s, lots of potential i think
lenigas

Dion.

Post by Dion. » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:26 pm

hey guys Dion here, big time 4WD suby fan, built a coupl including an 82 wagon and 80 model 4WD sedan, im just about to start a new build on an 83 touring wagon just thought i would get on here and see what everyone else is doing with theres.
IF YOU CANT MAKE IT IN 1st, BACK UP AND HIT IT IN 3rd.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lvis

Hi from the USA

Post by lvis » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:47 pm

Hi,
I'm Lvis from North Carolina, USA. I am looking foward to getting some info from this site for my 86 4wd wagon project. I plan on a lift and maybe some performance mods so that I can hit the woods hard. Anyway just thought I'd say hi and hope to post some sweet pics soon.

Suby T

Howdy

Post by Suby T » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:44 pm

G'day folks. Alex from Queensland's Gold Coast signin in. New to the site & unfamiliar with it so in time i'm sure i'll work it all out. :)

afeishisb94821

runescape

Post by afeishisb94821 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:37 am

is runescape gold site safe?

subynewbie

Post by subynewbie » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:56 pm

Steven here from socal. i have a porsche 914 and i plan on converting to the ea82t. i would like to know if there are any big bore options and what else can i do to help out the performance, i am totally new to the suby world so really anything helps

The Architect

Post by The Architect » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:51 pm

Hey guys, I have a 91 L series "sportswagon" or something haha, going to be dropping either 2.5ltr EJ253 or a wrx sti motor tuned up to arround 350, converting the car to full time 4WD (AWD) and also going to put a XFORCE exhaust system, undecided if ill go extractors back or just cat back, varex muffler, no BOV maybe a deceptor pro but im building a sleeper.

Anyway, I like my high performance, but i also like going off the track and being able to crash out in the car!

Nice to be here guys!

Cheers, Sam

Bumpty
General Member

Post by Bumpty » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:20 pm

Haha, goodluck sam! Sounds like you have some real plans, make sure to put up a my car thread > forumdisplay.php?f=26

pitscars007

pitscars007

Post by pitscars007 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:29 pm

Hi AU Subaru members - Steve from Kangaroo Island - South Australia - 03 Impreza - 87 L series - 85 brumby - various wrecks for bits - KI has some of the worst roads on the planet - Subarus are very popular here but our roads eventually kill even them - Love our new (for us) Impreza GX 2 liter - Bit like whitegoods on wheels but very reliable and good on our dirt and corrugations- cheers steve c

Ravyk

Hey from Adelaide

Post by Ravyk » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:38 pm

Hey my names Rachel, I live in the adelaide hills. I love cars [no thanks to my b/f and his mates] and work as a landscape labourer/gardener.

I own a silver 1982 Subaru Leone GLF-5 1800 which I bought in Feb '08 for $800. Decent condition-230k on the clock when I got him, third owner-no major body damage. Handles awesomely for a front wheel drive, and a decent looking car. Pending my if I get a full time job, im gonna spend a bit fixing up the body, the interior and hopefully putting in a new engine when I can afford it.

I'm always on the look out for parts...so if you know of anyone or you have any-drop me a line.

lukiee

Post by lukiee » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:58 am

hey guys,
names luke im from vic..
first time subaru owner, i just bought a 1997 gt legacy...
im in love with the thing, not much done to it but looking for some good ideas...!!!

grappla72

Post by grappla72 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:56 pm

Hey there,

My name is Ross and I bought my first Subaru today.... 1998 Outback Limited, pretty happy with it so far.... look forward to learning more about Subi's :)

henpecked

Post by henpecked » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:33 pm

Hi, I am just in the process of purchasing my first subaru, a 1990 Brumby, for which I will need a canopy, so that will be my second post !

well - got the brumby, got a canopy , now just need som appropriate wheels and tyres !

acuriouskind

howdy

Post by acuriouskind » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:46 pm

Hi All,

I've had my Outback 3.0R (2004) for 5 months now and loving it. Had to test it's off-roading abilities last week as I was camping near fireroads/tracks... I was impressed! but naturally took it to far and have made a mess of under the front bumber, guards shredded, many of the mount points ripped etc... on roading is quite simply - Nice!

Cheers,

BM.

acuriouskind

Howdy

Post by acuriouskind » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:52 pm

Hi All,

I've had my Outback 3.0r (2004) for 5 Months now and love it. I got it with 45k on the clock and it was in great condition.

While camping this week I had the chance to hit some of the fireroads/tracks in the glass house mountains (QLD) - impressed with how it performed! however naturally I took it to far and made a mess off the bumber/gaurds/etc!

Cheers,
BM.

Portzy

G'Day

Post by Portzy » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:07 am

Hey all,

My name is Brian from Melbourne. I just bought a Brumby for my Mechanical business (for picking up parts and the like) I have to drive to Tamworth (12hrs one way) from my house to pick it up on Wednesday.

I also have a GTiR pulsar (I have had it for 6 years), HJ 1 Tonner with a 355ci V8 and a VL commodore rally car.

I hope to put in as much as I get out of this forum.

Happy new year all!!

Brian

WH!TEYest:1991

Post by WH!TEYest:1991 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:59 am

Hey Guys,

I'm new around here,

I work at a subaru dealer in Vic, I am a sales Cadet. I'm 17 and I am a big fan of the subaru's. I love the new forester, does anybody have one? anyone modifying one?

Thanks Guys

Muzz

Post by Muzz » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:31 pm

Hi folks. Bought an MY09 08 built Impreza RX hatch two weeks ago. I've racked up a massive 320 kms in it now.
Great fun to drive, can't wait for it to be run in.

Any others with the latest NA Impreza here? I found it to be a very smooth drive, but the engine is loud in a good way and makes a lot of mechanical noise which I assume is normal for a boxer. Also I assume the slight engine vibration through the gearstick is normal. Getting used to the gauge checks on startup is a bit odd too. A more involving car which is refreshing in this day and age of generic econoboxes.

Some people have made negative comments about this model, but it really is a nice fun car to drive and looks better in the flesh.

Return to “New Members & Introductions”