New members - Read first post & say G'day

"Read before registering / posting - New Members"
82coupe-man

Post by 82coupe-man » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:48 pm

Hi, my names Matt and i own a 1982 leone coupe, i love subaru's always have
my mum used to own a 1974 i think leone rx coupe (one of 500) untill i was 5, then she got a 77 4 door and a my80 4wd wagon, dads had a heap of the ea81 powered wagons too
so naturally im a soobieholic, lol.

i just got my hands on my friends rolled 00 liberty rx, which i plan on using to do an awesome ej25 awd conversion to my leone

im sure it will be an awesome project :)

KittyKittyKitty

Post by KittyKittyKitty » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:26 pm

Hey guys

Picking up my 01 Subaru Liberty on Thurs - recently had a fully modded Lancer which was involved in an accident that saw its demise :( Saw it as a great opportunity to join the Subi family :) Looking forward to adding some subtle mods soon.

Rach

Wagonman

Post by Wagonman » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:26 pm

Hello all. My name is John from Perth and I'm a 2nd year apprentice mechanic or automotive technician as its called nowadays..
I have 2 Subaru L series white wagons, 89 and 90 called Lizzie and Ruby. (Yes im one of those guys who names his cars).
Lizzie (the 89)is my daily and has done 485 000k and has the 1.8 carby manual, 14s, heavy duty springs all round, bullbar, spotties and roof racks+cage. It's also got the southern cross stickered massively across the sides and lots more stickers from every stop from here to adelaide. Good times

Ruby is the project car atm. rebuilding the ea82 and planning to put an ej in, lift kit, tyre carrier and 15s + 6 stud conversion later when I have the mulla.

This forum is the best place for infomation about anything i have a question about and its great to be a part of it.

Little Mule

First Post

Post by Little Mule » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:34 pm

G'day All,

Name is Chris and I live in Alice Springs. Wifes daily drive is a '04
Liberty 2.5i. Have 3 Brumbys, 2 runners and one for bits. Both are
'90 models, beige and same alloy bullbars and a/c. My pride and joy
has 173k on it and apart from 14" Speedy's, is stock and original, even
has the standard Clarion radio cassette! Other Brumby has almost 300k,
lots of dings (adds character) and has survived my 3 sons abusing it e.g.
carting dirt bikes out to the WA border at high speed. Anyway, looking forward
to hints 'n tips, stories, buy and sell etc.

Chris...
You can never carry too much ammunition...
unless you're drowning...or on fire.

bajaturk

Post by bajaturk » Thu May 06, 2010 10:52 am

G'day eh?

And bonjour, from canada. I am a proud owner of subaru's red haired bastard child, my04 baja turbo. Rare enough on its own right, and something of an endangered species these days. Down right baffles the locals here. Had to be imported here from the USA. Pay dearly for that fuss. But there are only two of us turbo bajas for many thousands of kilometers on this side of the border. See a handfull of NA baja's, but even those are few are far between.

I live in remote northern Ontario, but work contract most of the year in the heavily populated south of the province. I came to this forum to see what I could find and learn about suspension, and bars as the roads back home are as rugged as anything. Will be scouring the liberty / outback info for anything I might get my hands on to lift her up a bit and beef up the suspension and protect her from trees and animals on the twistys back home.

my thanks in advance

strechy1

Gday from wa

Post by strechy1 » Thu May 06, 2010 8:07 pm

Hi Im Jon and just thought id say hi.

I have a L series 88 wgn with 14s and 215/65/14 tyres witch came on the rims but as you probly know do rub when you do anything a little rough. irealy need a lift but its not in that good nick so I will wait for a 2nd hand 3" lift any hoo will talk soon.

truemanshow

New member needs advice

Post by truemanshow » Sun May 16, 2010 2:44 pm

Hi
Just retiring my 2000 outback ( for sale if anyone in gold coast area interested) and looking at new forester diesel but waiting for reviews until I decide.

I actually like the OB but the sizing seems similar and the forester is cheaper and ? better off-road. I am not sure about the MT with the diesel as there is no auto to compare but the OB reviews are in general pretty good.

Keen to go on a few trips with other subie drivers too

Thanks

Dann

Perth W.A

Post by Dann » Sun May 16, 2010 11:23 pm

Hey my names dann, I'm probs one of the younger members here (17).
but keen to learn the 'subie' way of life :P
live in Perth, and have got a 1992 L series wagon, let the mods begin!!! :p
cheers

tuskyone

New shooter

Post by tuskyone » Fri May 21, 2010 7:57 am

Hi all, new to the forums, name is Den, NOT a Subaru owner as yet, joined to interact with experienced Subaru owners and get info and tips etc,

looking at a 2007 SUBARU FORESTER 79V MY08 XS AWD, 12,500 Kms, not over excited with the new shape Forrester, ?? any comments welcomed,
Cheers

yellowsubie

Post by yellowsubie » Mon May 24, 2010 6:12 pm

hey do i make a new post? sorry im new to the site

olddog642

Post by olddog642 » Mon May 24, 2010 6:32 pm

G'day the name's Hylton and I'm a young dude only 65 living in Canberra (yes I know can't help bad luck) I've been lucky though spending most of my life outside. I've had more cars, trucks and motorbikes than I care to count but never had a Subaru. Hey I'm about to correct that as I'm on the look out for a Brumby I've managed to save the cash for it out of my pension eheheh thank you Mr/Mrs/Ms Social Security However as I'm an old fart I want one with a good heater and airconditioner gotta have some comfort.
Well thats about it for the intro looking forward to gaining more insight into the Sooby World if there are any members in the Canberra or near region I sure would like to catch up and have a yack about whatever.

Best regards to all members
Hylton the olddog

Pete46

Post by Pete46 » Sat May 29, 2010 8:13 pm

Hi all, names pete and im in north Bribane.
I was never really into cars but when I bought my first car, a 97 Impreza RX, I was transformed! Done a few basic mods but nothing big, mainly just sounds system and exhaust. Looking forward to chatting with like minded people :) I would love to know of any cruises or meets going on in the brissy area!

Dane

Post by Dane » Sun May 30, 2010 7:00 am

No worries Pete! The bug bites again!

Are you keeping an eye on the other Subaru forums also? If you see any meets, post them up in the Queensland section also. Nothing like crashing a meet and then out-driving them in lifted mud wagons ;)

chook69

Post by chook69 » Sun May 30, 2010 3:47 pm

hi all!:p
names mark, an im new from sydney! i own a standed 1991 subaru liberty LX (2WD) auto 2.2L, i was going to replace the ej2.2L with the ej20 turbo engine but got told that i needed to replace all the running gear aswell an it would be cheaper to buy a diffrent suby.. so i was thinking of buying a 1997 - 1999impreza RX (AWD) or a 1993 -1999 impreza L.. so has anyone got tips on what would be the best car out of these two for the ej20 turbo engine?

thanx

Dane

Post by Dane » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:21 pm

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the forum,

The impreza LX will need the whole driveline swapped also. The Impreza RX is AWD but you will probably want upgrade the brakes also. A WRX of that age is probably the most cost effective method of getting a turbo Subaru. Or find someone else's conversion. There are many around. IMO.

Don't forget to lift it.

BGZOOM

Post by BGZOOM » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:26 am

Hi guys new member here, Brad 30 from Wollongong NSW. Previous MY05 GT sedan owner and looking at another subaru purchase in the comming weeks. Found this place on a google search whilst looking for information on towing with various subaru models...will post my questions in the revelant section.
G'day & cheers!

ireland

Post by ireland » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:15 pm

hi
new subaru owner here, 2010 impreza R
enjoying car, its great
joined here to find out about good subaru mechanics/service centres in Sydney
cheers

electricbluejase

Post by electricbluejase » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:48 pm

Hi all, just joined and also just bought my first Subaru.
1991 Subaru L-Series Wagon, FWD, 1.8L Carb.
picked her up for $600, with 276,000 on the clock. goes alright, body and inside is in pretty good shape, few minor things to sort out but yeah.

hope to talk to some people on here soon.

Mrazzamat

Post by Mrazzamat » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:50 pm

hey fellas

i have recently got a 2010 subaru impreza R sedan....

Does anyone have any suggestions into what rims i should be looking into getting ..

Anyone got a better suggestion than these ???

http://www.tempetyres.com.au/products_c ... rt_no=1487

jazzunt

Back again.

Post by jazzunt » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:43 am

Hi again folks. Was a member last year when I owned a Brumby with a liftkit and 14's. Quit when I sold the Brumby to buy a bigger, newer, more expensive ute. But, I'm sure you know about that Suby bug coming back to chomp you again; we have just bought a MY03 Forester. Thrilled to have another decent Subaru, looking forward to many years of finally being able to get down some of those tracks to allegedly awesome fishing spots :-)
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should!

Return to “New Members & Introductions”