New members - Read first post & say G'day

"Read before registering / posting - New Members"
littlewhiteute

Post by littlewhiteute » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:21 am

Welcome to the forum Rose, shame you don't live down Brisbane way. ;)
Regards

Gary ;)

Rose

Post by Rose » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:53 am

Hi Gary,

I do visit Brisvegas fairly often and it has crossed my mind to get my scoobs serviced down there but I still need a local to help when things go wrong - like when my clutch cable went at 5 p.m. one day - or when there is an oil leak. ATM there is a power steering oil leak :( Do you know a good mechanic in Bris? What suburb?

David D

Post by David D » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:40 pm

Hi Everyone

My name's David. I live in Mackay, QLD, having moved here from England last year.
I just bought my first Subaru a couple of weeks ago. It's a 1987 Brumby and I'm in the process of tidying it up and getting it ready for the road.

Cheers

David D

Dilmstos

Post by Dilmstos » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:38 pm

Hi,

I am Dan, currently living in Darwin. I work for the RAAF.
I dont as yet own a subaru but I am looking for a L series wagon. I like these as they look like great cars to go camping and fishing trips with. If anyone from Darwin has or knows of any around for sale, then please let me know. I am having a hard time tring to find one.

cheers

phil nelis

close to you

Post by phil nelis » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:38 pm

Hi Rose! Look up the subie boys in gympie(rtcb65 & last celtic warrior). These guys do amazing things to all subaru`s. Also look up captain obvious,he`s in your neck of the woods(maryborough).

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:27 pm

Hi, names Tarran thats where Taza comes from. I Living in Geraldton W.A and have a 2001 Forester that I am planing to mod for offroading.

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:51 pm

taza wrote:Hi, names Tarran thats where Taza comes from. I Living in Geraldton W.A and have a 2001 Forester that I am planing to mod for offroading.
Hi and Welcome Tarran.. When ever you're in Perth, you will need to come out on a 4WDing trip :)
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:16 pm

RSR 555 wrote:Hi and Welcome Tarran.. When ever you're in Perth, you will need to come out on a 4WDing trip :)
Would love to. Im a bit sick of the places around here, know them all too well and usually just go with a few mates on the same old tracks in my Forester and a Mazda Bravo. Are you a member of the Subaru 4WD Club of W.A? Also I have never been along the Mundaring Powerlines, that would be fun by the looks of youtube videos.

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:27 pm

taza wrote:Would love to. Im a bit sick of the places around here, know them all too well and usually just go with a few mates on the same old tracks in my Forester and a Mazda Bravo. Are you a member of the Subaru 4WD Club of W.A? Also I have never been along the Mundaring Powerlines, that would be fun by the looks of youtube videos.
I'm not a member of Subaru 4WD Club of W.A. maybe when I get a bit older :p

Powerlines are great fun and a good learning curve for you and the cars ability :mrgreen:
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:58 pm

RSR 555 wrote:Powerlines are great fun and a good learning curve for you and the cars ability :mrgreen:
Well then I will have to try them sometime when im in perth. Might have to get someone to show me the ropes(and where to go) since I would probably be by myself but im willing to come down for a trip like that sometime.

88 STUBARU

Newbie with Crappy New Year Start...

Post by 88 STUBARU » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:10 pm

Hey Hey, Gday all and Happy New Year.
Yes it was a crappy start to the New year for me.
The 88 Brumby was havn a bad day...
Saturday the 1st I had the right rear drive shaft C/V rub through my Fuel tank because the Diff hangar bushes had deteriorated and allowed it to slap and move enough for the joint to scrape on the tank and wear a nice burr through the first few mm of the underside.
GRRRREEEEAAAAT !
But never the less things can only get better i hope !
Tank is out,Moustache bar is out,Diff hangar plate is out,diff and tailshaft is propped and Diff is getting a soak in degreaser ready for the refit of a new tank if i can find one ASAP.
Hoping to go to Wilkinsons or somewhere else???? for the bushes and also figure out how to get the existing one out of the diff hangar?????
hope to chat to many of u all soon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MarkAMO

Post by MarkAMO » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:29 pm

Hey everyone long time reader short time poster ;)
Name is Marcus & I'm from Perth.

I've found this site very informative and inspiring in the past I thought the time should come to start posting!

I have a GC8 (for about 4-5 yrs now).
I had a standard brumby for a year, was going to modify it for 4wding but then I sold it to invest in David's (D3v1l) brumby. Still lots of work to be done -->showthread.php?t=18634

I've been riding dirtbikes for a couple of years, get out when ever I can. That's where the inspiration for the brumby ute came from :mrgreen:

kiki24

Post by kiki24 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:38 am

Hi! I'm Kirra from QLD

I don't own a Subaru yet but I'm here to do my research and find 'the one' for me :D
I've got a 10k budget so any advice is always appreciated. I'm torn between getting a Forester or a Liberty.
So far I've only owned Mitsubishi's but please don't hold that against me.
I'm always interested in Cruises pending my work schedule :D
Future: Subaru Liberty, WRX or Forester

Current: Mitsubishi Verada '92 Wagon

Previous: Mitsubishi Magna '95 Sedan

Matt.T.

Post by Matt.T. » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:32 pm

Hi, I'm Matt and i'm in Melbourne.

Just (a few days ago) got my first ever Subaru, after admiring them for years and with my Magna on its last legs,
i got a 2001 Outback H6 AWD and i'm enjoying it even more than i thought i would.
took it for a spin towards Panton Hill along some dirt roads and it was great, altho i usually drive in the city.

Looking forward to being involved in the forums here and maybe picking up a few tips and tricks along the way.

Cheers

PhilSubi

Hey i'm a newby

Post by PhilSubi » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:06 pm

Hey there, Having just joined thought would give it a go. Bought an 89 Liberty about 6 months ago which have learnt a bit about , mainly about timing belts etc. etc, anyways hope to be able to get lots of information out of more knowledgable peoples and one day be knowledgable to likewise pass some on too.

Cheers.
Phil

half-fix

Post by half-fix » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:37 pm

Hey hey Hayden here in not so sunny Brisbane (as of late anyway) my partner has a red brumby with the targa top, and is looking a tad sad so thought id jump on here to get advice with restoring the old girl. Got a budget of 5-7k for the project already have set of new doors which a scored for free (from a legit source of course). Glad to be on here hope to see you guys around

The Reg

Post by The Reg » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:47 pm

G'day All

I started getting in to Subaru's back in the Mid 80's. I have had 4 Subies all up but still have a '92 GXL AWD Wagon which I purchased new in Jan 1992. The car has a genuine 140000 K's on the clock and has been well maintained. I want to keep this car for a lot longer yet .....it just goes and feels so good still. I'd like to give it a bit of a power boost and Have some more fun with it before I get too old and look forward to sharing here and if possible 'out there' with some of you.

Cheers,

Paul (The Reg)

Smash1911

Post by Smash1911 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:56 pm

G'day everyone!

I've been reading the forums for a week or so now trying to soak up all the info i can, and thought it was about time i said hi!
I have a '92 Brumby which i picked up off my farmer father in law with a measley 120,000kms on the clock. Being from a wheatbelt farm, the brumby is looking pretty damn good for her age with it only being used as a run around since it was bought new in 92!
I'm a mechanic working for Toyota, and i'm starting to get the itch to make the Brumby a little nicer to drive with a bit more power.
Anyways, i hope to learn alot more about these excellent little cars from you fellas that have been there and done that!
Take it easy guys,

John

spambo

Post by spambo » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:39 pm

Hi my name is Sam and i am from the far north coast (Murwillumbah) NSW
I am currently doing up a brumby with an ej motor on gas hopefully it will be finished soon and i can post up some pics
cheers nice to meet you all.
:mrgreen::mrgreen:

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:39 pm

The Reg wrote:G'day All

I started getting in to Subaru's back in the Mid 80's. I have had 4 Subies all up but still have a '92 GXL AWD Wagon which I purchased new in Jan 1992. The car has a genuine 140000 K's on the clock and has been well maintained. I want to keep this car for a lot longer yet .....it just goes and feels so good still. I'd like to give it a bit of a power boost and Have some more fun with it before I get too old and look forward to sharing here and if possible 'out there' with some of you.

Cheers,

Paul (The Reg)
G'day Paul!

I'm in sunny Lakes Entrance and cruise through Taralgon to get home. I'll be passing by some time tomorrow (time unknown) - wave us down if you see me - I'll be in Ruby Scoo ;)

Welcome to the forum!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Return to “New Members & Introductions”