New members - Read first post & say G'day

"Read before registering / posting - New Members"
beau

Post by beau » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:12 am

hey guy's just saying hi. i'm english but live in norway.i've just brought a 87 Brumby(my) love the car and have big plans for it! top forum!

Beau

riksta

Post by riksta » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:00 pm

good to have you abord "beau" , when you get some pic put them up so we can have a look, hope your plans for the car go well.

Rik.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Im now all grown up to an outback with a 2" lift and outback struts, ready to go off road and take on the world.

00outback

Post by 00outback » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:19 pm

Welcome Beau hope all your plans for the Brumby go well.

aware

Post by aware » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:53 pm

Hi. New to the forum, love my Subaru's. Have had 4. Currently drive an 05 Forester X Weekender. I live in Sydney, and finally decided to sign up.

shanevalo

XT Forester STuff

Post by shanevalo » Tue May 06, 2008 3:07 pm

Hi there everyone, I have just joined this forum and it is my first. I currently own a 2006 xt forester and it is a great ride. I have just lowered it with pedders standard drop suspension. I was wondering if anyone has any 19inch wheels for sale, exhaust system or anything else useful for me to make my ride more enjoyable. Thanks

Ozz

Post by Ozz » Tue May 06, 2008 11:29 pm

Hey peoples, newbie to the subi owner world.
I just picked up a 1990 L Wagon not a neat looking wagon its ruff as (spray can paint job RHS and boot) but its a work and weekend toy.
Trying to get it to RWC condition but the more I dig the more elect probs I am finding :(

Its just about stock apart from 14" sunnies and a sports exhust the owner before me fitted.

I will be posting some questions soon on some electrical issues that I can't seem to fix with the blower for the cabin and the wipers etc etc already found some great info u guys post up + the unreal job the subie bros do on their resto's...

Hope to see some of you guys and girls around once its on the road :)

Cheers Mike

preno

Post by preno » Thu May 08, 2008 5:53 pm

hi been surfin this forum for a fair while now some good stuff ya have here. own an 89 brumby. had a shorty patrol but being at uni its to expensive to fix. so got myself a brumby. aint as big or loud as the patrol but its still a pretty cool little ute. a fair few mods already planned for the future :)

cheers. matt.

Outback bloke

Post by Outback bloke » Thu May 08, 2008 7:05 pm

Welcome to all the new members. If you need to know any thing just ask. There is bound to be some one on here that can steer you in the right direction. Jump in any time you know an answer to some ones question.

Also, don't be shy about showing us pics of your cars. It doesn't matter how stock or modified it is. Pics are always good to look at.

eden

newbie saying g'day

Post by eden » Sat May 10, 2008 12:49 pm

Hi all my name's Eden, i just found this forum and what a little ripper it is. I drive a my00 outback with a 2" lift kit, 25mm raised HD springs, subaX bash plate and frontbar, A/T rubber, uhf and oziexplorer for navigation. plenty of good reading here with lots of good info

Chrus

Post by Chrus » Thu May 15, 2008 4:14 pm

Hi, my name is Chris. I currently own a MY02 WRX STI and a '90 GX wagon.

The GX currently is lowered on WRX rims and has been my bunky for the last 6 months.... but this weekend im installing a 3" lift, outback struts/springs and a set of Toyo open country's (just waiting on the lift kit too arrive). :rolleyes:

Ripped the interior out as the floor pan had a bingle (behind the FR passenger seat) and patched this up last week. Few other bits to tidy up and she'll be set for a bit of fun. Heres some photos of the patch job and its current state :-D

Current "lowered" state - no fun off road :(

Hole in floor pan

Patch job complete - just cut out around the hole, pop-reveted and sealed with Devcon (2 part epoxy plastic steel) to stop water getting in

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Thu May 15, 2008 5:33 pm

Chrus wrote:Hi, my name is Chris. I currently own a MY02 WRX STI and a '90 GX wagon.

The GX currently is lowered on WRX rims and has been my bunky for the last 6 months.... but this weekend im installing a 3" lift, outback struts/springs and a set of Toyo open country's (just waiting on the lift kit too arrive). :rolleyes:
Welcome Chrus ;) You'll have lots of fun with these guys and they know their stuff when it comes to modified Subies :D

Can't wait to see that Liberty 'Lifted' and on some weekends on the dunes and 4WD tracks :p
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

Chrus

Post by Chrus » Thu May 15, 2008 5:50 pm

Yeah cant believe its taking me so long to find this forum - got some good info in it and less BS going on ;)
MY05 WRX STI Spec C Type Ra
MY05 Legacy Outback LLBean
89 Legacy RS Turbo

BrennyV

Post by BrennyV » Thu May 15, 2008 6:36 pm

welcome mate! go the bugeye sti :P
that gen1 with a lift will be kewl :D thats going to be my next little project
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
VER7 STI (FOR SALE) & RIP EJ22 AWD LEONE
PIX @ www.webshots.com/user/4muff

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Hunter S. Thompson
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quote ... 02861.html

digitalinsite

Hi All

Post by digitalinsite » Sun May 18, 2008 10:25 pm

Hey Everyone, My names Mark - We just got a Subaru Liberty Heritage and absolutely lovin' it! I'm from Adelaide so if anyones up for a cruise or hears of any in the future let me know.

Nice to meet you all. bye

digitalinsite.net | Forums | Gallery | Video Centre

"...A man's finest hour is not determined in the day of his greatest success, but rather the door he chooses in the day of disaster..." - xIRe

bluey

Post by bluey » Mon May 19, 2008 5:04 am

Gday

I'm Lewis. I live in Perth..
Bought a 1990 Brumby a month or so ago. Its had a bit of work done to it but i'm pretty keen to do a bit more. first of all i need to replace/fix a bent disc rotor. :???:
I joined up to get amongst a few like minded people.

hope you all had a good weekend

Outback bloke

Post by Outback bloke » Mon May 19, 2008 6:08 am

It is amazing how many new members are from WA. It is like you just got power or internet over there or something. Welcome to every one.

BrennyV

Post by BrennyV » Mon May 19, 2008 11:53 am

welcome to the wa crew bluey
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
VER7 STI (FOR SALE) & RIP EJ22 AWD LEONE
PIX @ www.webshots.com/user/4muff

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Hunter S. Thompson
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quote ... 02861.html

Alex
Elder Member

Post by Alex » Mon May 19, 2008 3:03 pm

yea, bluey, come out for a 4x4 sumtime

alex
my07 Outback
my13 Hyundai i45(shhhh)
my02 Gen3 Liberty limited ed.

previously
L-series wagon, LSD, EJ20turbo, 29in tyres, 'wanky wagon'
2000 gen3 outback, lifted, otherwise stock.

subarooster

Post by subarooster » Mon May 19, 2008 4:32 pm

heyy all again, i finally got my wagon. its not exactly wat i was after but i like to think of it as a blank canvas :) its a white 1991 L wagon. modifications so far include:
*A new tailight bulb.
haha its only got the black 13's, minus the hubcaps atm so i'm after a set of 14's with mayb 27" tyres?? i've priced a 2 inch kit on here and as soon i stop using so much fuel from reving it to get the boxer sound, i'll start buying and modifying :)
Cheers, Tom

RX Rally

Post by RX Rally » Fri May 23, 2008 11:31 pm

Hi ,
My name is Shane. I've bought a RX Turbo Leonie rally car to do some rally experience drive days with.I don't know alot about these as i'm a soaked to the bone V8 Commodore man.I'd like to learn a bit about what bit's interchange from model to model.We plan to let the average punter drive this and a few other cars on forest roads that have very BIG trees next to them,so i'd like to know how to keep it reliable and easy to drive.
Cheers
Shane

Return to “New Members & Introductions”