Australian "BRAT"

Detailed reference pages on Members special projects ...
Green_eyed_liberty

Post by Green_eyed_liberty » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:12 pm

geeezzz 6 months since last update.. how SLACK of me.

ended up killing the carby on the EA81 buy running E91 ( in a brain fart moment put the cheap fuel in)

so started the EJ conversion, bit by bit started ticking things off the list. rails and subframe modded, hydro clutch installed, new brake master

ran another brumby "in" fuel line as my "return" line, made a box under the back that contains the lift pump, low pressure and high pressure filters, Bosch 044 and surge tank. i sound deadned the insides of the box and foam mounted the pumps to keep the noise down.

the last month or so have been working on the wiring loom for the turbo engine and tidying up different parts of the car

re-enforced mustache bar with Superpro bushes, FWD vortex sway bar (replaces the turbo RX rear swaybar i had in before)

3.9 rear diff, DCCD 5speed gearbox, shortened tailshaft and linkages etc,

THEN. have been using the parents car while they have been touring Aus, only to hear they are home bound (3 months early) so now required the car to be finished sooner rather than later.. so ended up dropping in an EJ18 that i had sitting in the corner (this had previously been in a brumby, so the loom etc had already been done)

another weekend should see it back together.. and hoping it has little to no teething issues

(exhaust/ alloy rad/ service on the missus SH)

Macca

Post by Macca » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:40 pm

how did you do the Hydro Clutch??
Macca

Return to “Restorations and Project Build Ups.”