1992 project Brumby from Finland

Detailed reference pages on Members special projects ...
El_Freddo
Master Member

Re: 1992 project Brumby from Finland

Post by El_Freddo » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:20 pm

Happy New Year Finnishbrumby!

To answer your question about the KYB struts: the factory original oil filled struts are discontinued. The aftermarket KYBs are gas filled. They could be order only if not available on the shelf.

Getting a set of struts and springs for the front end sounds like a good step forward. And yes, projects a significant number of parts… and time and effort!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

FinnishBrumby

Re: 1992 project Brumby from Finland

Post by FinnishBrumby » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:27 pm

Thank you Bennie and thanks also KYB information.

Last week monday was "The super Day" when I received new front struts 8-) .

I'm so excited, I don't know what to say cause I have something so rare in here :biggrin: .
Next I'm looking for front springs and I found from ultimatesubaru website interesting information:

https://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/to ... n-loyales/

There is reading at MK3 Leone and MK2 Leone/Brumby front springs are same diameter and tall, only spring rate and load rates are different.
I'm really seriously thinking right now at I buy MK3 Leone front springs and make them to fit perfectly Brumby. And almost the only reason is much cheaper price (under 40 euros/pcs) and those springs are available in Estonia (=Finland's southern neighbour) where I'm actually order almost all car parts to my W164 ML500 and C15AS Lancer :D . Postages are from Estonia to Finland couple euros and "not need" to pay taxes because EU :lol: .

I also found from this same car part store (=aeromotors) lot of other parts to MK2 Leone for example front brake pads, rear brake shoes, front brake hoses and engine gaskets and parts... At first have to make sure at those parts fit to Brumby. Have to look old parts and compare them with new ones. Right now I only know at MK2 Leone brake discs not fit to Brumby...

Thank you and see you again in the future 8-) .

Tomi
Subaru Pickup "Brat/Brumby" 1.8L -92 (project)
Mercedes Benz W164 ML500 -05 (family car)
Mitsubishi Lancer 1.2L -87 (work travelling car)
Yamaha XV750 Virago -97 (summer bike)

+10pcs mopeds and motorbikes

Return to “Restorations and Project Build Ups.”