Chridk Brumby, Subie Boys

last celtic warrior

Post by last celtic warrior » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:15 pm

A little update. The red arrows in the first pic identify newly formed bits that I've made and welded in, while the green lines are the weld lines between original and fresh metal.

A bit more welded back in (more hidden new bits)

The new sill mostly welded in. Should be finished this side of the car tomorrow.
Steve.

- BARNES AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGIES -

32ford

Post by 32ford » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:51 pm

strewth! you guys do wonders

last celtic warrior

Post by last celtic warrior » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:29 pm

OK, I have to concede I didn't get it entirely finished today as planned. Oh well, things came up, and there's always tomorrow...

The welding is completed on this section. It's just the grinding I've got to finish.

Steve.

maxxair

Post by maxxair » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:37 pm

hey Boyz, love your works, works of art. you guys are near gympie yea?
are you far from the bruce HWY at all, bcoz im driving down from rocky to noosa this coming week, like tuesday possibly, then back friday or something and would love to drop in and speak to you. plus check out your setup and especially how steves doing this FAB rite now. ive got very similar repairs to do to my rally ute. if yous are keen for a chat and a bevo, let me know. wont be bringing any of my 'good' cars down tho. only my busted povo-pack wagon, but o well.
good works fellas, keep it up.
cheers, Rohan Maxim.
Cheers, Rohan M.

Gravity.. PAH!! Watch this.:twisted:

http://www.BERSERKARU.com <For All Berserk Subarus<

lovey80

Post by lovey80 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:55 am

Keep up the good work lads, my mouth is watering watching the work unfold!

Cheers Chris

last celtic warrior

Post by last celtic warrior » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:34 pm

Today's little bit went really well, especially considering I had to be in court for the better part of the morning (Police trying to slam me for Tranny Dept c0ckup).

The rear edge of the tray in the Brumbys has a bit of a design oversight in my opinion, so in slicing this one open, I thought I'd add a bit of subframing inside to support the skin and strengthen the rear. The panel was quite badly dented and there's no way to fix it without removing it or cutting it open.

I also snapped a pic of the finished and stripped left hand side of the car.

Steve.

last celtic warrior

Post by last celtic warrior » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:09 am

Sorry Chris, I just can't help myself. It's so much fun cutting huge sections of your Brumby out in the AUTOpsy we're performing here.Don't be scared though, you won't feel a thing...

This was just because I couldn't reach up inside the panel to smooth the skin back out properly.

Here is another bit I entirely fabricated from flat sheet because the original was way too crusty.

On next Thursday I will weld this section in and move on to the next area.
Steve.

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:19 pm

Geez.. you guys blow me away...
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1995 Liberty "Rallye" - 5MT AWD, LSD - *written off 25/8/06 in towing accident.
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page
Sold at 385,000kms in July 2011.
2007 Liberty BP Wagon, 2.5i automatic

LEALAROO

Post by LEALAROO » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:31 pm

Hi everyone. I'm back it's been awhile.
The boys are working really hard on this one, Steve is doing a great job getting things ready for Ross & Rick to get started on doing their part. Once Steve is finished fabricating they should be able to get stuck in & hopefully won't be too long then & we'll see some primer & such like going on.
While the boys are waiting for Steve to finish they have had plenty to do, I've seen to that like any good woman. They haven't been too bored...ha ha.
Catch ya s all again soon
Lea

Subie Boys's
Roscoruby's

Better Half

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

chridk

Post by chridk » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:44 pm

HaHa
Welcome to subie boys anonymous where cutting, shutting, welding and painting becomes an addiction.

Let me know before you start the front end boys (cut & shut), got some additional cuts to chuck into the mix.

I love seeing new pics up, I go from minor heart failure to holy bloody hell is that possible and then Daaammm that looks awsome in a matter of seconds.

thanks guys you make my day and my brumby possible.
Cheers Chridk

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:21 pm

Now that steve has a fair amount of the panel work done, Ross and myself can start taking more of the paint off. Just have to work out how to get in to the places that cant reach. Might have to use paint stripper.

After taking the paint off. We put a protecting coat of zinc gal on it.

Or what is better known as COLD GAL.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lovey80

Post by lovey80 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:24 am

That is simply awesome!

cheers

Chris

chridk

Post by chridk » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:34 pm

Holy Jebus

I better pull my finger out and get up there to show you guys the additional mods before i hold up the production line.

Lookin good boys

Cheers Chridk

dibs

Post by dibs » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:16 pm

hi chridk
ifyou go up sat pic me up on the way lol . i got a wheel to give ross aswell.
dibs
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

chridk

Post by chridk » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:41 pm

Sure thing Dibs, will keep you in mind. It will be a last minute decision if i head up this weekend for a flying visit.

Cheers Chridk

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:44 pm

Sorry Chris. Didn't get anything done on the brumby today. Monday ross and myself had to change out a diff in a camper van. Yesterday you can see what we did. Today we did a full detail on a commodore. And starting tomorrow we have to do a paint job on a Toyota light truck. That will take us through to about Monday. Ross and i will be doing the truck , so steve can still do the panel work on the brumby.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:09 pm

Hey Chris,

told Steve today about the chassis mods, he came up with a good idea. you keep that same chassis size, same crumble zone affect. his idea is; move the chassis out the distance required.

Let us know what you think or if you don't quite understand, give me a call and I will explain more.

Started bare metaling under neath and found more rust in the chassis, so have to make another hole.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:11 pm

rtcb65 wrote:Started bare metaling under neath and found more rust in the chassis, so have to make another hole.
You sound really dissappointed at that fact rick... I think you enjoy making holes :D

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:34 pm

El_Freddo wrote:You sound really dissappointed at that fact rick... I think you enjoy making holes :D

Bennie
Making holes is good bennie. It finds more and more rust to cut out. By the time the brumby is finished , i think i can almost say there will be no rust in it. The disappointment you are sensing must be the fact of unable to move forward at our normal rate.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

maxxair

Post by maxxair » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:45 pm

haha. thats wicked good guys. good to meet up the othe day. its real inspiring stuff seeing people doing the same kinda stuff as me (in the flesh too:) didnt meet u steve tho but next time maybe eh. good thinkng shifting the rails wider. just about no one would notice (feds ect)
or you could slice the body clean down the center and widen the whole show. 2 easy. haha. have a good one Boyz (and ocourse Girlz)
Cheers, Rohan M.

Gravity.. PAH!! Watch this.:twisted:

http://www.BERSERKARU.com <For All Berserk Subarus<

Return to “Subie Boys”