Chridk Brumby, Subie Boys

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:09 am

lovey80 wrote: What colour is she going to be?

Cheers

Chris
I believe it is going to be the only color there is ,,, blue,,, Chris is not quite sure on weather to keep it original blue or something like the new camery bright light blue. Unless he has change his mind. Correct me if i am wrong Chris.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

brumbyrunner
General Member

Post by brumbyrunner » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:27 am

The new Hilux blue is pretty....
Settlement Creek Racing

chridk

Post by chridk » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:32 pm

Yep Blue will be the colour.

And Steve i am starting to think you don't have hand, you just have wands of metalic magic. You wave them over the car and hey presto, shaped metal forms before your eyes.

Thanks again boys

P.s I picked up a bonnet scoop for Steve to massage into the bonnet

Cheers Chridk

roscoruby

Post by roscoruby » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:04 pm

Sorry to any one following this tread. Waiting on steve to post this weeks pics of what he did.
Ross
1996 Gen 2 liberty Wagon, manual with L series low range Awd and vlsd .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

last celtic warrior

Post by last celtic warrior » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:01 am

Not much to show Ross, I didn't do much...

Steve.

- BARNES AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGIES -

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:22 pm

Sorry Chris . I stole steve this week . Needed two brackets made to fit l rear suspension to my M.Y. . Need more cold gal and welding wire though. Ya brumby is sucking it up.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

chridk

Post by chridk » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:44 pm

No worries Rick, I will see what i can do.

Haven't worked since last thursday cause of the rain (no work no pay) but I will see if i can shake some cash out of the mouldy wallet to keep the project moovin along.

Cheers Chridk

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:28 pm

Dig past those butterflies, spiders, then get out the exit mold and a wire brush. Then put them all down and get ya wallet out. lol
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

stinky

Post by stinky » Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:11 pm

hey rick, I wouldn't mind a set or two of those brackets ... How much for steve to do two sets up for me ?
'91 brumby, EJ-Turbo with VOSChip, 2" lift, 15" superlites, Dual Range AWD.

'93 Subaru Legacy, 2.2 auto, automatic seatbelts, LHD.

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:33 pm

Off the top of my head , not a clue. I will ask and let you know. I will post a pic so you can see what it looks like. What every you do, dont be in a hurry for it. We are as busy as a one legged man in a kicking contest.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

92 brumby

Post by 92 brumby » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:33 pm

i would also be interested in some of those rear suspention brackets if you want to knock a few up
92 brumby, 2" lift, 30" cooper stt's, 2000 ej20, lib seats, compressor, uhf, trayliner, 2.25 zorst,L series 5 spd 3.9 ratio, wrx viscious lsd, imprezza pwr steer.

brumbyrunner
General Member

Post by brumbyrunner » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:57 pm

Are you talking about mounting the L series trailing arm housing in place of the MY torsion bar housing so you can ditch the torsion bars for coilovers? I cut the L series body mounts off one and welded on new mounts incorporating a 2" lift. Pretty big job to get everything to line up properly. I dunno how you'd do it with brackets alone.
Settlement Creek Racing

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:18 am

brumbyrunner wrote:Are you talking about mounting the L series trailing arm housing in place of the MY torsion bar housing so you can ditch the torsion bars for coil overs. I cut the L series body mounts off one and welded on new mounts incorporating a 2" lift. Pretty big job to get everything to line up properly. I dunno how you'd do it with brackets alone.
All i have done is put the l series coil overs in place of the M.Y. shocks. then wound down the M.Y. torsion bar . So now i am running on mostly the l coil overs. If need be , if i have a heavy load , i can always wind the bar up to asist if need be. It may sound sill to some people . But it works for me. Also if i dont like it . All i have to do is unbolt the l stuff ( 3 bolts ) and slip the shocky back in and wind the torsion bar up . No harm , no foul.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

brumbyrunner
General Member

Post by brumbyrunner » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:04 am

Oh that all Rick. I used to think that method of increasing your spring rate limited the wheel travel as the L rear shock has only 5.5" of stroke. But after a lot of trial & error and trying to achieve the impossible, I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't make that much difference. The big hinderence to wheel travel will always by the inner trailing arm bush.
Settlement Creek Racing

Matatak

Post by Matatak » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:26 pm

cant you simply buy those brackets from Scorpion ?

(more for the others wanting some)
Wagon is no longer....:(

The Subaru Wacky Workshop
-All About the WA Boys :D

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:44 pm

Jeff dropped in a rex radiator so the mounts can be done now. Ya dont have to worry about the paint being stuffed by doing it later.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:16 am

Chris has asked us to put his brumby on hold for a while. So we are going to have a small break and try to catch up on some of our cars. Then start again after new year . Dont know if we will be starting on chris's or the next one.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kappage

Post by Kappage » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:28 pm

wow, how can you put up with using a mig welder so much? I hate using the Mig i prefer to use the stick welder...

last celtic warrior

Post by last celtic warrior » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:35 pm

Actually, I like both MIG and stick. Each method has it's place, as does TIG and Oxy...
Steve.

- BARNES AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGIES -

beastofburden

Post by beastofburden » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:45 pm

Whew take a breather guys!!Merry christmas.. great job. Cheers Steve

Return to “Subie Boys”