Subie Boys , Lovey80 Resto

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:57 am

Fridays updates. Battery box door now has a latch and release . Steve made a latch from scratch. The release keeps with the theme of keeping with subaru items . Used the boot release from a leone.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:55 pm

While Ross and i prepped the doors for the Leone, Steve made up a jig to help with the multiple bends for the seal edge to go around the battery door.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:16 pm

The battery door now has a popper. A sprung loaded lever to pop the door up so as ya don't have to be in to places at once. The popper was fully billeted , Started a a full piece of steal and with a angle grinder, it turned in to a popper. Also a few adjustments were made to the latch. It now is adjustable. Magic by Steve.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:06 pm

We have now started to clean up the bolt on parts .

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:48 pm

This week we have been cleaning up more bolt on parts.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:30 pm

Cleaned a couple of more things today and the ones that were cleaned and painted, have been fitted to the brumby.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lovey80

Post by lovey80 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:12 pm

Oooh bits going back on! I love the trap door ;) how is the Engine going any updates?

T'subaru

Post by T'subaru » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:29 am

brumbyrunner wrote:Unbelievable....
This pretty much says it all...The Subie Boys continually set the benchmark in Subaru restorations!

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:04 pm

A few more items cleaned and paint and others sitting in place .

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lovey80

Post by lovey80 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:48 pm

Your really motoring now boys keep up the good work. I expected the next post to say something like. 'the Subie boys are putting all projects on hold due to a horrific tube accident on the water'. Ha ha looks like you survived! Maybe rednecks are tougher than the average bear.

Thalass

Post by Thalass » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:05 pm

This brumby is going to last another thirty years, after the treatment its getting now! Awesome! haha
Living in Canada now. Looking at all these SVXs for sale...
I'VE GOT AN OUTBACK AGAIN WOOT

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:44 pm

Thalass wrote:This brumby is going to last another thirty years, after the treatment its getting now! Awesome! haha

And the rest!! Its awesome giving it another lease of life!
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1995 Liberty "Rallye" - 5MT AWD, LSD - *written off 25/8/06 in towing accident.
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page
Sold at 385,000kms in July 2011.
2007 Liberty BP Wagon, 2.5i automatic

LEALAROO

Post by LEALAROO » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:21 pm

The subie boys/rednecks are tougher than the average bears but still make little boo boos occassionally. They just dislocate pinky fingers while playing on knee boards behind moving boats. All good fun though.
Lea

Subie Boys's
Roscoruby's

Better Half

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:25 pm

Cleaned up and repacked front wheel , covered them with plastic bags to keep the dust out . Just waiting on wheel bearing seals and ball joints to finish off the front end. Also cleaning up the C.V's and repacking them.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:29 pm

It looks really good as usual fella's, i wish i had the time to be able to do it my ute like this. Did my tool go alright with the CV's?
"Bianca"
'86 Brumby - Dual Port Heads, 5 Speed Dual Range, Custom Cam, Tuned Weber, Tuned Suspension, 2" Body Lift Kit, LSD, 14" rims, 2.25" Exhaust, Snorkel, Dual Batteries, DVD Player, UHF, VHF, etc. Offically now part of the 350, 000 km Club! :) And still pulling like a freight train.

"Claudia"
82 MY Wagon - EA81T, RS Liberty WIAC, 5 Speed Dual Range, Tuned Suspension, 14" Rims 27" Tyres, 2" Body Lift Kit, Apline Head unit, UHF, Roof Console, L Series seats, Soon to have New Paint, snorkel, Dual batteries, etc

EJ20TLEONE

Post by EJ20TLEONE » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:37 pm

You guys are insane!! Unbelievable fabrication skills you guys have... And all that work for only $1500 cost to the owner.. Thats bloody cheap!!
"I usually downshift when I'm near a Prius so they can hear me hurting the environment"

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:39 pm

A few more items cleaned, purchased and fitted . All brake backing plates have been cleaned and painted and fitted. New ball joints and wheel bearing seals have been fitted. Rear disk brake calipers have been fully reconditioned and with new rotors and pads should help pull it up.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

stinky

Post by stinky » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:04 am

Wow ... looks like you guys are nearly ready for your next project.... ;)
'91 brumby, EJ-Turbo with VOSChip, 2" lift, 15" superlites, Dual Range AWD.

'93 Subaru Legacy, 2.2 auto, automatic seatbelts, LHD.

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:00 pm

stinky wrote:Wow ... looks like you guys are nearly ready for your next project.... ;)
Hey Paul,

Looks like we are heading into the last stages, we are sort of. Still abit to go yet. When this one is finished , it wont be. It will be coming back to have extra's added. The we start back on the brumby that was put on hold. Then after that ( as it stands at the moment ) we have a tarago, liberty and 2 M.Y. wagons to do.

Due to a death of a friend and a computer paying silly buggers, i havent been able to put updates up for a couple of days. So here they are . A few more items cleaned up and fitted. Auto sway bar put on to allow room for the L series awd box. The ej 22 and box , if things go to plan, will be in the shed with the brumby on monday.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:52 am

Ok, more items done. Pedal box moded to fit the L series clutch and cable. The L pedal moded . I dont think most people bother , but we put the M.Y. pedal rest onto the L pedal. Front calipers cleaned and painted.
Steve moded a L series gearbox crossmember to fit the brumby for the L awd box.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Subie Boys”