L Series Build up Subie Boys

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:35 pm

This morning before picking up the parts Subaru as mentioned in Lovey80's thread , Ross and i sanded back the passenger side back door as it had a small amount of rust showing. then put some cold gal on it and then once it was dry, put some undercoat over it. Sorry , forgot to take a pic.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

tarz59

Post by tarz59 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:53 am

Hi i'm tarz59 a mate of rtcb65(Rick) from Kilcoy , I am in the process of getting the 1990 L series wagon from Jasmine, rick's other half .as Rick said he will keep you posted on the progress of the wagon and I'll put my bit as well. to the Subie Boys keep up the good work on the wagon .Bye for now.
Tarz

L series almost stock

brumbee

Post by brumbee » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:13 am

why not use the hole from the winder for a tweeter, with splits in the front.

tarz59

Post by tarz59 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:45 am

PS I a'M NEW TO THE FORUM SO HI ALL SUBARU FAN'S MY NAME IS DAVE (TARZ59) As stated previously Rick(rtcb65) has roped me into Subie's and will look after the wagon, and can't wait to take delivery of this magnificant wagon,but as with all the Subie Boys i am too on a pension so will be a slow process .
Tarz

L series almost stock

tarz59

Post by tarz59 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:28 am

Lookin' good so far,keep up the good work,a little bit closer to getting the wagon
Tarz

L series almost stock

tarz59

Post by tarz59 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:23 pm

Rick,what sort of lights are in the dash/ can i put Led lights in to replace the original lights?, or are thay similar to Led lights(5mm) but clear lights.P.S i have oil,temp,& volts gauges to put in the wagon,thay have 5mm backlights in them,i got 5mm blue silicone sleeves to put over the clear bulbs,should match the upolstery. Pritty.
Tarz

L series almost stock

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:51 pm

Put a coat of paint on the bits that we did some fixing on , but boo booed a little , so letting it dry and give it a rub back and coat it again.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:39 pm

These are the seats i told you about. They are not real good as they were taken in the dark with an average camera.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:21 pm

I had a set of sporty seats available so in they go.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

tarz59

Post by tarz59 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:11 pm

Looks like the seats were meant too be there,Lookin' good , guys keep up the good work people(guys n girls) car ready yet(kidding) Ha Ha.

kar
Tarz

L series almost stock

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:08 pm

It is now clutched up. New clutch plate, pressure plate, through out bearing , spigot bearing and machined flywheel.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:29 pm

The motor is in the engine bay. Just have to work out all the pollution hoses now. What a night mare.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

tarz59

Post by tarz59 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:16 am

Lookin' Good Guys n girls, Sorry I Can't contact you at the moment im temperary off line till i pay the phone bill.I can be contacted on my mobile phone or home phone.I just can't ring out at the moment,How long to pick up.
Tarz

L series almost stock

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:14 pm

Motor now has the pipes connected in the right way we hope. lol. Gave it a test fire up and 3 winds of the motor and away she went.
Also sanded back the paint on the area's that the before mentioned boo boo was made.

As for pick up, when the roadworthy is done.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:26 pm

EOI

We had some bad news today . The motor we just put in is not much chop. So we have decided to give the money back to the person it was going to and either sell it whole depending on , if anyone is interest. Make and offer.

Or take the gearbox and diff out and see if any one is interested in it that way. Make an offer .
Or just scrap it.

IF anyone is interested, let me know by making an offer and see how close it comes to my minimum , which is not much.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:09 pm

I thought i would let people know that if there is no interest with in 2 weeks , we are going to scrap it. If someone has a car that is getting some rust , this would be a good body to change your running gear in to. It wouldn't take much to get this roadworthy, just needs a going motor at the moment. But if no one has contacted me in a week with a offer , we are going to take the gearbox and diff out. Then if no one has made an offer with in the week after that, we are going to scrap it . IT is to good to scrap.

Also there is a set of recoed heads.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

maxxair

Post by maxxair » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:30 pm

and the fate of said L?? good thing for you'z to get rid of. backwards pos. L's must be the worst subes made IMO. and ive had a few. tough though. still pos.
Cheers, Rohan M.

Gravity.. PAH!! Watch this.:twisted:

http://www.BERSERKARU.com <For All Berserk Subarus<

spike
General Member

Post by spike » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:59 pm

hey boys
just reading all your threads

whats wih the bracket on the bumper??
ws that naything or just a light bracket

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:16 pm

spike wrote:hey boys
just reading all your threads

whats wih the bracket on the bumper??
ws that naything or just a light bracket
The bracket on the bumper was from the old owner, a big Cb radio aerial mount.

We started building this up and found we didnt go much on the L series, that is why we jumped from the M.Y's to the liberty's. I am not saying they are no good. They are just not for us.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spike
General Member

Post by spike » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:21 pm

yeah there is a hell of a lot to do but they just seem to have no feel or class.

the MY has styling, with the sloped rear and with steves hippo nose.
the liberty has performance (compared to the earlier models)
the L seires, is just to fill in a gap no styling and even less power

Return to “Subie Boys”