Subie Boys Roscoruby's M.Y.Wagon.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:14 pm

Nice score on the 81T! Would love to have one to play with in a brumby or the like...

And what's the go with all the holes in the hubs? I'm guessing its for a more common stud pattern - but what PCD (or PDC, I can't remember)?

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:05 pm

El_Freddo wrote:Nice score on the 81T! Would love to have one to play with in a brumby or the like...

And what's the go with all the holes in the hubs? I'm guessing its for a more common stud pattern - but what PCD (or PDC, I can't remember)?

Cheers

Bennie
The extra holes are done properly , paper work and all. Not sure the patten.

Alittle further along. turbo back on with new studs and nuts.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:45 pm

Ross and i come up with an idea, We had a normal sports wheel and the center off a impreza steering wheel( i think it is ) so we put the 2 together with a cut here and a trim there and come up with what is in the pic.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:59 pm

Now that we have all that is needed to put the 81T in, we hope, It time to start fitting it. In goes the surge tank and the efi pump and most of the hoses to plumb it. Also the exhaust is in place ready to lift up to bolt on.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:25 pm

All the fuel plumbing is now finished. Even run an extra metal fuel line from the engine bay to the surge tank for the return line. Dont know if that is the norm or not, but it worked well for us.All the fuel line is EFI line and it has that flexible tube on it and then wrapped in fire resistant electrical tape. Changed out the engine cross member and then fitted the turbo motor in. We were going to get Steve to make another one of those battery mounts like he did for the brumby , but he not coming down this week. We will just have to have a go our selves.
It turned out to be a good test run to see how it all goes together and works. Since Ross and i don't like to test on project cars, we test on our own cars first, that way we have it all worked out , before doing it on the project cars.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:52 pm

Looks like we muddled through. We got a standard battery mount to fit the opposite side of the engine bay. A trim here and there, and it fitted like as if it was there all the time.

Ross worked in the engine bay do things like , modding the battery mount, fitting the inter cooler, connecting the fuel lines and making mounts for them, rerunning wires, etc. I worked at fitting the computer and harness and running the wires to where they needed to go. I don't think we have done a bad job for a couple of not to bright, old rednecks , that haven't touched any kind of computer controlled, fuel injection of any kind before. Ya could say we have lost our cherry , when it comes to that stuff..lol.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:10 pm

Almost all done now. Just a couple of bugs to work out. Inter cooler pump mounted and with a variable speed controler.Heat exchanger/ inter cooler radiator mounted and plumbed, speed censer mounted. Also everything that had to be moved is refitted .

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:29 pm

All done . It is in and running really good. We have both taken it for a run around the streets and are both happy with it. Test runs. One little glitch to work out , other than that , very happy. The difference between a ea81 and a ea81t is astounding. It gob smacked me.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:35 am

Next time i am down you will have to take me for a spin i am interested to feel the seat of the pants difference. :-)
"Bianca"
'86 Brumby - Dual Port Heads, 5 Speed Dual Range, Custom Cam, Tuned Weber, Tuned Suspension, 2" Body Lift Kit, LSD, 14" rims, 2.25" Exhaust, Snorkel, Dual Batteries, DVD Player, UHF, VHF, etc. Offically now part of the 350, 000 km Club! :) And still pulling like a freight train.

"Claudia"
82 MY Wagon - EA81T, RS Liberty WIAC, 5 Speed Dual Range, Tuned Suspension, 14" Rims 27" Tyres, 2" Body Lift Kit, Apline Head unit, UHF, Roof Console, L Series seats, Soon to have New Paint, snorkel, Dual batteries, etc

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:04 pm

Hey Matt, I think i could safely say, that would happen when you come down . I think Ross would jump at the chance. Every time he drives it , he has a smile from ear to ear. With only driving standard ea81's for so long, it is a bit of a trip , driving the 81t.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:49 pm

We got hold of a Mazda 626 to strip down. It's amazing what a little common sense and some brain power might achieve. In theory anyway. Ross and i stripped it down and had an idea to see if the door trims could be made to fit an M.Y. Also see if we can fit the electric window harness. Instead of the switches from the M.Y. , which are lumpy , The 626 ones are like the liberty.

We stripped the electric window harness out of the rest of the harness and had a look at how the trims may match up to the M.Y. . Time will tell if it works or not.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

dibs

Post by dibs » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:18 am

i loved that moter not a world beater but loved it has it still got that fluttery noise when you chang gears ??????
dibs
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jludcke86

Post by Jludcke86 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:26 am

dibs wrote:i loved that moter not a world beater but loved it has it still got that fluttery noise when you chang gears ??????
dibs
Yes it does but as soon as possible it will disappear. the flutter is the afs so to stop it wearing out we are going to fit a bof.
Jasmine
Rick's Other half

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:26 pm

Just a little update. We have got hold of a light weight winch ( 4000 lb ) and fitted it to the wagon. It is only to assist , not to do any heavy work.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Eoi

Post by rtcb65 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:16 pm

At the moment , This is to see how much interest there is for Ross's car. Yes if some one is serious , the car is for sale. Just not putting it in the for sale part just yet as . we wish to see if there would be any takers. If there is enough interest and some one comes to the party with a reasonable offer, we will sell it. This thread tells you anything you wish to know about it.

If any one is interested. Let me know either on this thread or by P.M.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:46 am

Ok, Since there was only one person showing any interest in this car ( go figure , ea81 turbo and L five speed and L rear disks and all ) , That person was lucky and brought it .

So it is now SOLD. Now to start on its replacement.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Subie Boys”