Redneck Ricks Subie Boys M.Y.

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:29 pm

Just a small update, just have to wait for the brumby's to be finished and one more liberty to be put on the road, then this one get put under the knife. It just has to wait it's turn.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:00 pm

rtcb65 wrote:Just a small update, just have to wait for the brumby's to be finished and one more liberty to be put on the road, then this one get put under the knife. It just has to wait it's turn.
That is fair enough - you cannot do everything at one go! You only have two set of hands & legs!
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1995 Liberty "Rallye" - 5MT AWD, LSD - *written off 25/8/06 in towing accident.
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page
Sold at 385,000kms in July 2011.
2007 Liberty BP Wagon, 2.5i automatic

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:20 pm

Once my M.Y. wagon goes under the knife, i will need another car to get around in. So i picked up a liberty. It wasn't up to standard so i put a wing on the boot . Some GT forester wheels and a new stereo in it.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

riksta

Post by riksta » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:29 pm

thats nice Rick, now is that really yours or your wifes car I just can't see you driving that

Rik.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Im now all grown up to an outback with a 2" lift and outback struts, ready to go off road and take on the world.

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:26 am

riksta wrote:thats nice Rick, now is that really yours or your wifes car I just can't see you driving that

Rik.
Hey Rik

It is both of ours , YA could say you are right. Yes. It is like LEALAROO's red liberty. It is lea's and Ross's car . Ross uses it for any high way runs and lea uses it for her day to day driving.

This liberty will be ( once The M.Y. is finished) my high way car ( run to brisbane or visit my daughter and grandkids and alike ) and my M.Y. is my play car.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:14 pm

Here's hoping. Monday the liberty is booked in for a roadworthy . So Monday night i will be able to take it for a drive to see how it goes ,other than just around the yard.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:08 pm

The liberty passed the road worthy with flying colours on the day. Have been driving it around since then. Totally new driving experience compared to the M.Y's. The liberty is now passed on to Ross's oldest daughter.

My M.Y. has now been parted out, So now that Ross's Turbo wagon has been sold and mine is parted out, we have both moved on to liberty's. We picked them up yesterday.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

last celtic warrior

Post by last celtic warrior » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:37 am

All these people taking "Libertys" with the "Legacy" of Subaru...

I myself, as quite a sensible person for someone with several diagnosed mental illnesses, will be staying "Loyale" to my Leone beastie... I've driven lots of cars, and this one fits me like a glove.
Steve.

- BARNES AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGIES -

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:10 pm

So Rick your MY never got the EJ treatment?

Have you kept the EJ dual range box with L low range for your liberty or will these libs not be headed offroad?

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:08 pm

El_Freddo wrote:So Rick your MY never got the EJ treatment?

Have you kept the EJ dual range box with L low range for your liberty or will these libs not be headed offroad?

Cheers

Bennie
Hey Bennie,

The M.Y. never got the upgrade. Yes i have keep the gearbox and by the end of this coming week, i hope to have it in my new liberty wagon. A few more things have to be done and it should be on the road and off road.
Some time soon i suppose i should put up some picks of ross's and my new( new for us ) liberty wagons.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Subie Boys”