Redneck Ricks Subie Boys M.Y.

rtcb65
General Member

Redneck Ricks Subie Boys M.Y.

Post by rtcb65 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:28 pm

Last of the Subie Boys cars are now on here. This is my M.Y. It has a few things done to it. In time it will be talked about.

Thanks to Steve , the replacement cross member with the cut out for the future turbo fitment is now done.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

riksta

Post by riksta » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:46 am

Hay Rick, It's about time you put your Suby up on here.

Looks good, so when the new turbo going in?

Rik.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Im now all grown up to an outback with a 2" lift and outback struts, ready to go off road and take on the world.

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:26 pm

riksta wrote:Hay Rick, It's about time you put your Suby up on here.

Looks good, so when the new turbo going in?

Rik.
Hey rik,

The turbo will be going in once i get every thing together. The plan is to ej up and run a awd dr box . Then if i can find one, some sort of a lsd rear. In saying that, plans dont always happen. Also the car has to go through the chook cooker . Have all the welding, bracing and rust repair done. But that doesnt happen till the brumby we are doing is finished, the other brumby is finished and a tarago is redone as well. So it is a little down the track yet.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

riksta

Post by riksta » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:02 pm

So it's in line for the full works then, mite be off the road for a while, sounds like a good build up Rick.

Rik.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Im now all grown up to an outback with a 2" lift and outback struts, ready to go off road and take on the world.

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:35 pm

riksta wrote:So it's in line for the full works then, mite be off the road for a while, sounds like a good build up Rick.

Rik.
That's right Rik. All our cars , mine, ross's and steve's will be going under the knife. We have been doing other peoples car and our own have suffered . So we are going to do ours once the brumbys are done.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:20 pm

Spent some time wire brushing back the cross member and gave it a coat of cold gal. Now to just through the paint on.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:47 pm

All painted up .

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:43 pm

I am now starting to get things together to fit a Crossbred Kit. Steve worked his magic and made some strut tops to fit the impreza struts to the M.Ys , to keep the impreza bearinged tops. I have a 2" lift , so just a matter of moding the strut tops to suit.

Also cleaning up a set of trailing arms to put new bearings and bushes for the rear.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AndrewT

Post by AndrewT » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:21 pm

Nice strut tops, you might be able to save abit of cash on the Crossbred kit cause you won't be needing the strut top adaptors that come with it now.

tex

Post by tex » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:08 pm

rtcb65 wrote:That's right Rik. All our cars , mine, ross's and steve's will be going under the knife. We have been doing other peoples car and our own have suffered . So we are going to do ours once the brumbys are done.
About time!
Also let us know how your strut tops go as I've been thinking about doing the same to mine, although I found with my brumby I needed coilovers to go with the lift kit as well as jeffs kit otherwise there wasn't enough room!
87 targa brumby (Neglected),
92 targa brumby (weekend runabout),
97 Lifted Outback (Dailey drive),
05 outback safety (Too cheap to pass up),
90 model liberty (was to be scrapped instead sold to workmate)
+ others.

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:52 pm

A few more items cleaned up for the conversion, rear disks , 1 rear caliper , and tie rod ends. The tie rods are for the gc8 power rack that is going in around the same time.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:21 pm

Nearly all done . Only one more front caliper and knuckle and disk to go.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:01 pm

With the discs... what kind of paint are you using? (temperature rated etc)
Ive painted mine once with 300°c rated but it shows that paint has faded.
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1995 Liberty "Rallye" - 5MT AWD, LSD - *written off 25/8/06 in towing accident.
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page
Sold at 385,000kms in July 2011.
2007 Liberty BP Wagon, 2.5i automatic

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:45 pm

AlpineRaven wrote:With the discs... what kind of paint are you using? (temperature rated etc)
Ive painted mine once with 300°c rated but it shows that paint has faded.
Cheers
AP
Hey A.P.

I am just using the paint to stop any rust starting back up. It is only chassis black and fish oil. I dont think it will last very long, but it should last long enough , till i can get to put my car under the knife. I hope.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:13 pm

Now have a EJ 22 , computer and loom . Just have to cut the loom down. That will be interesting. Just waiting on the AWD box to be delivered and i can start to start setting my car up for the transplant.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

little_red_L

Post by little_red_L » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:42 pm

check out this thread! it talks about a loom adaptor from Subie-Wan-Kenobi. Would be a massive time/hassle saver.

showthread.php?t=5558
Red 1990 L series sportswagon: sports muffler, 4" lift, pod filter, powersteer conversion, pug 14's and a coupla stickers. with 27"s on their way. Everything else? Standard. For now....

maxxair

Post by maxxair » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:01 pm

rick, ill do your wiring for you if you want. would be a pleasure. coming down noosa again around chrissy, could pick it up, do it and mail it back. or you could come an get it;) lettuce snow mate. cheers, Rohan.
Cheers, Rohan M.

Gravity.. PAH!! Watch this.:twisted:

http://www.BERSERKARU.com <For All Berserk Subarus<

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:35 pm

I now have my liberty gearbox with the L series low range , thanks to a couple of people. A major , Major thanks goes to Alpine Raven for doing the L series low range for me . Also to Jeff for dropping it off on his way north.

Lucky for me, with Lovey80's loom here, i copied it and cut my loom down.
Tody i also removed my electric windows harnes ,( to be used in the Leone ) and fitted a L series electric window harness , so in the future, if i can get impreza door trims to fit, i have the window wiring fitted to suit the impreza trims.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

JG12gauge

Post by JG12gauge » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:51 pm

Thats a nice suby. I have an 81 GL just like that

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:00 am

Thumbs up.. Not a problem.
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1995 Liberty "Rallye" - 5MT AWD, LSD - *written off 25/8/06 in towing accident.
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page
Sold at 385,000kms in July 2011.
2007 Liberty BP Wagon, 2.5i automatic

Return to “Subie Boys”