Rosco's liberty wagon

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:41 pm

Looks good guys. I've been meaning to get stuck into a roof console for the L - it can't be that hard!

I've also been meaning to replace the lining in my L that's been on a holiday, make a rear cargo thingy and a... and... and... :rolleyes:

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:31 am

El_Freddo wrote:Looks good guys. I've been meaning to get stuck into a roof console for the L - it can't be that hard!

I've also been meaning to replace the lining in my L that's been on a holiday, make a rear cargo thingy and a... and... and... :rolleyes:

Cheers

Bennie
Hey Bennie , we are still trying to get the L series roof consoles out. Trying , but not to successful at the moment.

Pics as promised .

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ScubyRoo

Post by ScubyRoo » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:47 am

Nice! Where did you source that console from? I have a jdm, 1997 outback grand wagon with all the goodies, and it doesn't have one of those :(
The Green Machine is up for sale :(. Lifted, bars, exhausts... View Gumtree ad

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:30 pm

ScubyRoo wrote:Nice! Where did you source that console from? I have a jdm, 1997 outback grand wagon with all the goodies, and it doesn't have one of those :(
Hey Mate, It is out of a ,, about a 2000 forester , give or take a couple of years or so. You might have the same roof console as i have just put in mine, ( Rick's Outback ).
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:11 am

Yeah Rick.. that console looks to be out of the 97 to 01 Forester. Looks like it was made for your car. I also like how you still hang your sunnies off the visor :p
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:49 am

This car has now been passed on to another family member , since ross now has the gen2 . We are finishing the auto to manual change. It was all up and going , but things like the cruise control wont work . So out comes the entire wiring harness from the B pillar to the front bumper . In goes a manual harness , clutch pedal as it has the cancel switch for the cruise control . As the motor was a 3 plug wiring , off come the intake and on with a 2 plug to match the manual harness. It funny really, well i think it is , both gen 1 cars, one is a series 1 and one a series 2 , yet different . Even the guards are different. So we are finding out.

Now starting to fit the manual harness back in .

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Subie Boys”