Rick's Outback

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:42 pm

riksta wrote:that would look real nice Rick with the tow tone.

Rik.
Hey Rik,

I hope it will. If the weather allows, i hope to have some paint on it by the end of the week. It will only be a jam job to make it look ok for the roadworthy. Once i work out how the liberty's come apart, then it will get a real paint job.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:25 pm

rtcb65 wrote:Hey Venom, Seems to work well for the speakers. I found 6 inch speakers seem to fit the best. Is that the size you used.
Yep i fitted a 6" split front and a straight 6". My old ones were the same with torn paper. The tweeters i had also fit into the factory location.

Cheers,
Rhys
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:52 am

Venom wrote:Yep i fitted a 6" split front and a straight 6". My old ones were the same with torn paper. The tweeters i had also fit into the factory location.

Cheers,
Rhys
Hey Venom,

Small question, i havent had the back trims off yet and i know the L series have different size rear speakers to the front. Is it the same with mine or are the rears the same as the fronts ?
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:44 pm

Finished sanding the under coat back today and Got the paint . IF any one is interested in the paint code after seeing the colour , once it is on. It is a year 2000 + colour for a outback. It is called BLUE RIDGE MET. The two tone paint code is OU5 . Sub code for the blue is 95H .
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:14 pm

Paint is now on. A huge major thanks goes to Steve for driving the gun. Also to Ross for keeping the mixes up to the gun ,while i was keeping the air hose from getting caught on anything and moving scaffolding around so Steve could gut up to put the coats on the roof. Now to let it cure for a couple of days , then do the rub back and buff cut and polish.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

riksta

Post by riksta » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:54 pm

that looks good Rick, will look even better when its all put back together and polished.

Rik.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Im now all grown up to an outback with a 2" lift and outback struts, ready to go off road and take on the world.

ScubyRoo

Post by ScubyRoo » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:48 pm

you guys are freaks. In a good way... outstanding!
The Green Machine is up for sale :(. Lifted, bars, exhausts... View Gumtree ad

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:43 am

Looking good Rick :)

Does it have or need some clear coat?
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:27 am

RSR 555 wrote:Looking good Rick :)

Does it have or need some clear coat?
Hey , Hows it going. It has the clear coat on. It was painted in very high humidity. I know i risk humidity blisters , but as i know once i learn about the liberty's more, it will be repainted. So i took the risk. I had 2 choices, car on road or paint failure , no brainer for me. LOL.. The paint needs to still be sanded and buff cut yet, so that might be what you are seeing.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:55 pm

OUTSTANDING work there mate..
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1995 Liberty "Rallye" - 5MT AWD, LSD - *written off 25/8/06 in towing accident.
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page
Sold at 385,000kms in July 2011.
2007 Liberty BP Wagon, 2.5i automatic

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:52 am

I'm doing good thanks Rick.. You? Busy by the sounds of it :D

Are you taking pics with your phone or an older camera? or is it just my screen making them a little out of focus?

Once on the road.. are there some engine power-ups planned?
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:12 am

RSR 555 wrote:I'm doing good thanks Rick.. You? Busy by the sounds of it :D

Are you taking pics with your phone or an older camera? or is it just my screen making them a little out of focus?

Once on the road.. are there some engine power-ups planned?
Hey.

No , it not your screen. I have a trades man telstra phone . It is only a 2 mega pixel. Piece of crap really. The only plans i have for the moment, once on the road, is to find a complete manual front harness and ecu to replace the tcu and auto harness so i have all the wiring need , so the cruise control will work right and completely. This is my own personal thoughts , a auto computer doesn't seem to work a engine quiet right with a manual behind it. Like i said that is only my personal thoughts. I may just have a really bad case of O C D .
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:09 am

Sounds like a good idea but finding one might be your only hurdle :???:

Well no probs about your phone.. just a thought.. sometimes those phone cameras work better when the subject is in full sunlight, so when the paint is dry, I'd love to see it :)

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:47 pm

RSR 555 wrote:Well no probs about your phone.. just a thought.. sometimes those phone cameras work better when the subject is in full sunlight, so when the paint is dry, I'd love to see it :)
I think that's more of a hint than a piece of technical phone camera advise Paul... +1 from me too ;)

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:49 am

RSR 555 wrote:Sounds like a good idea but finding one might be your only hurdle :???:

Well no probs about your phone.. just a thought.. sometimes those phone cameras work better when the subject is in full sunlight, so when the paint is dry, I'd love to see it :)
El_Freddo wrote:I think that's more of a hint than a piece of technical phone camera advise Paul... +1 from me too ;)

Cheers

Bennie
Here ya go. A couple of outside pics. They're not the best, but they're outside in the light.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

FROG
General Member

Post by FROG » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:21 pm

Magnificent
ImageImageImageImageImage
GRAB THE VIN FROM DONOR VEHICLES
AUSubaru member specials
Brumby EA81 Oil Pump kit (4 x 'o'rings + gasket) posted Australia wide $22!
Brumby sloppy shifter bush kit $44 posted
email me
http://www.domsmotors.com.au
NOW DISTRIBUTING FOR SUBAXTREME BASH PLATES, NUDGE AND BULLBARS

Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:06 pm

Bullbar envy.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:40 pm

Paint job envy!! lol! Maybe i should get my bro to drop my wagon off on the way past for a quick touch up
"Bianca"
'86 Brumby - Dual Port Heads, 5 Speed Dual Range, Custom Cam, Tuned Weber, Tuned Suspension, 2" Body Lift Kit, LSD, 14" rims, 2.25" Exhaust, Snorkel, Dual Batteries, DVD Player, UHF, VHF, etc. Offically now part of the 350, 000 km Club! :) And still pulling like a freight train.

"Claudia"
82 MY Wagon - EA81T, RS Liberty WIAC, 5 Speed Dual Range, Tuned Suspension, 14" Rims 27" Tyres, 2" Body Lift Kit, Apline Head unit, UHF, Roof Console, L Series seats, Soon to have New Paint, snorkel, Dual batteries, etc

vincentvega

Post by vincentvega » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:52 pm

very nice. was the subaextreme bar on it when you got it? Never seen a gen2 one before.
brumbyrunner wrote:And just to clarify the real 4WD thing, Subarus are an unreal 4WD.

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:43 pm

Looks awesome Rick :mrgreen: You've done a really exceptional job there buddy.. you should be proud :cool:

Can't wait to see it lic'd and on it's maiden voyage west :D

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Subie Boys”