Fat '84 Touring Wagon

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:28 pm

bluesteel wrote:i tell you what... your damn lucky theres no sparks coming off your battery there vincentvega your damn right bluesteel, how is it that spanner is not glowing red
Has it crossed anyone's mind that the battery may be flat or that the angle that the photo was taken makes it look like the spanner is touching. Nothing is happening , so it cant be touching , now can it.

Vincentvega : Can you explain why you viewed this tread. If all you did was to leave a NON positive post ?
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Captain Obvious
General Member

Post by Captain Obvious » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:01 am

rtcb65 how is his thread non positive, he is agreeing with somthing bluesteel pointed out and one of the first things i saw in that pic!! its just lodgic as we have all worked on our cars and had sparks fly by doing that, maybe the battery is flat but we are not to know this!!??

this maybe my first post in this thread and to finish on a positive i have been following it from the start and i think steve has done a great job on both is and your cars keep up the good work cant wait to see the finished product :)

cheers
bryan
[SIGPIC]http://www.ausubaru.com/forum/image.php ... 1468060434[/SIGPIC]

The 4x4: 2004 Nissan Navara d22 ZD30 dual cab.
The Wifes car: 2005 SG9 Facelift forester 2.5l auto XS

bluesteel

Post by bluesteel » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:45 am

hehe... i thought to myself when i posted before that its either flat or just very close to touching

also what did you paint the copnsole plastics with?
ive never had too much luck painting plastics and they have turned out very well!

last celtic warrior

Post by last celtic warrior » Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:35 pm

Just about. It's hard finishing a car off over the Christmas period.

Brand new rear window seal (not yet cleaned).

The soft fluffy lining that insulates my roof. (Actually, I farted)

Inside is shaping up now, just a few bits left to do.

And to finally answer all the questions about the holes in the rear of the roof (only since Rick brought it to everyone's attention)...

These are genuine Subaru lenses, believe it or not...
Steve.

- BARNES AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGIES -

riksta

Post by riksta » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:11 am

I have been off line for a few weeks and in that time you have done so much, everything is going together very nice, the car is looking very HOT.

The inside is looking great and the blue paint on the dash and console looks just about right,its nice to have a bit of colour in side, im gessing you used the same primer as you would if you were painting bumpers so that the paint sticks.
The rear lights in the roof looks neat, I to seen the holes there sometime ago and was wondering if thay were for rear break lights.
The hole car is looking so good, makes me wish I still had my 83 Wag still on the road, keek up the good work you guys are doing up there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Im now all grown up to an outback with a 2" lift and outback struts, ready to go off road and take on the world.

last celtic warrior

All finished and REGISTERED

Post by last celtic warrior » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:46 pm

OK people, the moment you've all been waiting for... Well, the moment I'VE been waiting for anyways.

Took the completed car down to get Roadworthy inspection yesterday arvo and everything was fine except for a CV boot retainer that had slipped off. So this morning we fixed the retainer issue and I picked up the paperwork and went to the Tranny Department for some number plates. As you can see in the pics, she's legal and ready to menace the locals...

Bloody drives nice too, so I must have got most of it right first go.

Steve.

- BARNES AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGIES -

vincentvega

Post by vincentvega » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:42 pm

LOL. chill out mate

i viewed the thread because you have built one of the best MY's i have seen.

regardless, a spanner sitting across your battery terminals is a stupid thing to do!

I once scared the **** out of a mate of mine by touching a shifter i was using on the positive battery post to the body of my first car. We have all done it so dont stress
brumbyrunner wrote:And just to clarify the real 4WD thing, Subarus are an unreal 4WD.

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:39 pm

nice nice.. very interesting read...
Sorry to side track - that steering wheel - isnt that from Honda?
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1995 Liberty "Rallye" - 5MT AWD, LSD - *written off 25/8/06 in towing accident.
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page
Sold at 385,000kms in July 2011.
2007 Liberty BP Wagon, 2.5i automatic

dfoyl

Post by dfoyl » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:17 pm

>>that steering wheel - isnt that from Honda

Late-model Hyundai Sonata...

Very nice work, but what was required to fit the Sonata wheel - modified boss kit or custom-fit ?

Dean.
1989 Brumby - Shiny new red paint, stroked EJ20 phase 2 SOHC with Darton sleeves bored to EJ22, Wiseco high-compression pistons, Delta 2000 grind cams , EJ/XT6 5 stud with WRX 4/2 pots, 5-speed, 86 GTS seats and so much more.
Contact me for reproduction XT6 hubs...and EA82 rear discs.

DODelaney

Post by DODelaney » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:32 pm

man that is awsome
i just read the entire write up and am very impressed
CONGRATES MAN

rtcb65
General Member

M.Y.

Post by rtcb65 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:04 am

As steve says , to rego stage only. I dont remember /or didnt see him write in about his electric mirrors . M.Y mirrors modded with commodore inners and ford switch to work them.
The interior is only in for rego , The real interior is in process, not finnished in time. Then there is the lift and the steal back bar and the front custom bar as well.
There is the custom centre caps to be made for the 6 stud wheels that it is running and as most people know , a car is never finnished. there is always something to do or a new idea pops up to try.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bumpty
General Member

Post by Bumpty » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:14 pm

^ look forward to the new interior... but for now that looks brilliant!
What will be involved in the lift, how high?

riksta

Post by riksta » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:30 pm

WELL DONE guys!!!.... That has to be one of the nicest MY wagons I have have ever seen, keep up the outstanding work guys.
waiting to see how the next steeps you have pland for this car turn out.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Im now all grown up to an outback with a 2" lift and outback struts, ready to go off road and take on the world.

Suby Wan Kenobi
General Member

Post by Suby Wan Kenobi » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:18 pm

Great job i wish i had the time to do every car the same way. Although sometime this year the RX will be stripped and rebuilt better than factory
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The long road ahead

rtcb65
General Member

Another One

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:27 am

As talked about earlier in this tread, This car has a sister car. ( One that was being done at the same time ) It also is not far of being regoed. I will put up a tread on it if there is enough interest . I will head it SUBIE BOYS as that is what a couple of bussiness have named us.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Matatak

Post by Matatak » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:29 am

yes please Rick :D

and great job Steve
Wagon is no longer....:(

The Subaru Wacky Workshop
-All About the WA Boys :D

Suby Wan Kenobi
General Member

Post by Suby Wan Kenobi » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:27 pm

Doing another write up on the other car would be great.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The long road ahead

Bumpty
General Member

Post by Bumpty » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:39 pm

Agreed for the sister thread!
All write ups are an intriguing read * :)

riksta

Post by riksta » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:55 am

thats a yes to a write up on the sister car, I think we all like what the suby boys Rick and Steve can do, and again GREAT JOB.

rtcb65
General Member

subie boys

Post by rtcb65 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:16 pm

riksta wrote:thats a yes to a write up on the sister car, I think we all like what the suby boys Rick and Steve can do, and again GREAT JOB.
I need to clear up a small confusion. The subie boys are made up of 3 of us. We started with only 2 . Myself ( Rick ) and a bloke by the name of Ross. After a few years of doing up a couple of subarus and boats and making a couple of boat trailers , a couple of locals saw that we had a small passion for the M.Y subaru. With a lot of pushing and bragging about the M.Y .. A couple asked us to do some work on them.
Then Steve anded up with out a car and Ross and myself had a Touring wagon we were going to do up for either Ross's daughter or my daughter. Which ever one got there license first. Ross and myself talked it over and asked Steve if he wonted it. IF he did he had use of all the tools , shed, and spares that we ( ross and i) used and gathered over the years.
Steve then said if he buys the subaru and does it up , that he will become one of the Subaru Boys.
I got my Subaru 11 years ago and have been bragging them up ever since . Ross got his and we done it up about 3 years ago , give or take a month or so.
That is how it all started .
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Subie Boys”