LEONE PROJECT, Subie Boys.

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:55 am

El_Freddo wrote:
Its looking good! Just wondering how you got on with the wiring/lights for the 4wd lights on the dashboard - I'm yet to bust Sunnie's dash open again to see if its just a case of adding some globes into the dash (this is what I'm hoping it is) as we don't get any lights indicating 4wd let along 4wd low...

Its also good to see that you're getting stuck into the 4wd system install to the original 2wd layout - did you have to drill holes/add captive nuts to do the job or were they already there?

I'm also guessing that you're getting all together the way you want it to be before you pull it all apart again to do a full strip down and rebuild, am I right in saying this?

Cheers

Bennie
We still havent got to the wiring the dash up fully. As you said , have to do the 4wd lights and the range light. I am hoping to get it all to work as if it was factory.
As for the add ins , yes there were a few extra holes and captive nuts to add. And still a few to go.
The range lever mount wasnt there , so it had to be added , and the mustache bar mount on the passenger side was missing the captive nuts. Go figure. Also had to remove a piece of floor where the gear lever comes through. The section was marked , so we just had to follow the marking to make it bigger for the manual lever to shift right. With this one being an auto . The crossmember and radius rod mounts had to be changed. A few other things to do , and yes it will have the pull down and resto up.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

roscoruby

Post by roscoruby » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:54 am

well things may be going slow on this build but we'll get there. Hope to have leone rego'd by mid year so our daughter can get some practice driving in her own car before she gets her p's.
my car took a bit of a battering this morning, daughter drove him, claude the subie, to school with the better half,Lealaroo, & looks like the gearbox may have blown on them. Daughter got a fright but we can fix him. May need to use parts off Leone to keep Claude going for now but hey thats the way things go. Will know more when we get a chance to look at him properly. Roscoruby & Rick are on their way to pick up another subie we just bought so they haven't seen claude yet but they know.

Lealaroo [on behalf of Roscoruby.]
Ross
1996 Gen 2 liberty Wagon, manual with L series low range Awd and vlsd .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

roscoruby

Post by roscoruby » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:49 pm

gearbox in claude[my subie] sh.. itself so had to use the one out of the leone for now. but we have a replacement already to go in. the colour has been chosen just not the shade, purple. this build will be slower than the others as our daughter wants to be able to use it aswell so will be done in bits and pieces plus need to have finances available to do it.
Ross
1996 Gen 2 liberty Wagon, manual with L series low range Awd and vlsd .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jludcke86

Post by Jludcke86 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:04 am

It is all right, The Subie (Louie) will get there in the end, And the work that dad (roscoruby) and Rick (rtcb65) will all be worth the wait for the finished product.

But it is going to be a family project, we are all going to be putting our own efforts into getting Peanut done.
Jasmine
Rick's Other half

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

dibs

Post by dibs » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:40 pm

remember to remember its guna be 5 speed lol.
if iever get up there or yous down here. lol

dibs
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

riksta

Post by riksta » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:43 pm

Are the Subie boys going to come the All Subaru Day????
If not why not, and you better have a good reason why not.

I think it would a very good idea to get your buts down here and put your cars in and meet up with some of the ones that have been following your builds.

Is that blunt or what.

Hope to see you there guys and girls.

Rik.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Im now all grown up to an outback with a 2" lift and outback struts, ready to go off road and take on the world.

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:10 pm

That is blunt Rik.lol. I will have a chat to the other guys and see what they say. I didn't think there were that many that are interested in what we do.We just do the best we can. And our home cars are a mess, beaten up and dinted and scratched from going through the scrub, there nothing special about our cars or us.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gannon

Post by Gannon » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:22 am

Hell yes we are interested in your builds.

I wanna send my leone up there
Current rides: 2016 Mitsubishi Triton GLS & 2004 Forester X
Ongoing Project/Toy: 1987 RX Turbo EA82T, Speeduino ECU, Coil-pack ignition, 440cc Injectors, KONI adjustale front struts, Hybrid L Series/ Liberty AWD 5sp
Past rides: 92 L series turbo converted wagon, 83 Leone GL Sedan, 2004 Liberty GT Sedan & 2001 Outback
------------------------------------------

riksta

Post by riksta » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:42 pm

Hay Rick, there are a LOT of guys that can not wait to see what you boys from Gympie have been up to.

You dont have to have the shinyest car there you know, we dont all have show ponys, just put some gear in ya cars and get your buts down here on the day, oh and if you wont you can give the car a wash first.

Rik.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Im now all grown up to an outback with a 2" lift and outback struts, ready to go off road and take on the world.

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:00 am

Hey Rik , all i can say is , we will try. No promises. The cars are not the only thing we do . Sunday , Monday and Tuesday , Ross and myself are going to maryborough to paint the inside of a house. It is amazing when ya say labor free, what jobs pop up to do.

Anyway , back to the Leone. The color has been chosen . I didn't like it to start with , but it don't look to bad once the design was put together.It will be two toned. Main color is going to be purple, with a second color from bump strip down is going to be a charcoal and the wheels are a puerter( how ever it is spelt) color . Might even be putting a small amount of midnight blue on where black is now.

We come across some different off set rims than the standard ones. So they got the treatment. Bared , cold galed, undercoated and the color.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Captain Obvious
General Member

Post by Captain Obvious » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:39 am

rtcb65 wrote:Hey Rik , all i can say is , we will try. No promises. The cars are not the only thing we do . Sunday , Monday and Tuesday , Ross and myself are going to maryborough to paint the inside of a house. It is amazing when ya say labor free, what jobs pop up to do.

arrrr so thats why i keep seeing you guys up here!! im usually in the work ute (white extra cab) ford ranger so no point in waving as you probly just think im a nut!! but i have seen you when i was in my car last week!!

bryan
[SIGPIC]http://www.ausubaru.com/forum/image.php ... 1468060434[/SIGPIC]

The 4x4: 2004 Nissan Navara d22 ZD30 dual cab.
The Wifes car: 2005 SG9 Facelift forester 2.5l auto XS

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:02 am

Captain Obvious wrote:arrrr so thats why i keep seeing you guys up here!! im usually in the work ute (white extra cab) ford ranger so no point in waving as you probly just think im a nut!! but i have seen you when i was in my car last week!!

bryan
Bryan,

Ross or myself and our cars havent been up in maryborough for at least 2 years that i remember. May be some others that look like ours. Steve with the green looking car with the tail lights in the touring wagon roof piece lives just out of maryborough. So it may be his car you are seeing. But ours have been there for awhile. If the house painting comes off for sure . I can post or pm the address so if you wish to drop over while we are there for a chat. If you like.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

yarney
General Member

Post by yarney » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:11 pm

rtcb65 wrote:That is blunt Rik.lol. I will have a chat to the other guys and see what they say. I didn't think there were that many that are interested in what we do.We just do the best we can. And our home cars are a mess, beaten up and dinted and scratched from going through the scrub, there nothing special about our cars or us.
Hi Rik

With over 600 views on a post i think there is a lot of people with plenty of interest in what you guys do
The All Subaru day is what it's all about. People like the Subie boys make it happen.
It would be great if you can make it down have a group display with a photo board as for dints there would be nearly every car in the club that has dints or faded paint
Hope to see you there

Jan
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] !!!Subies will go anywhere

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:44 pm

All i can say is thank you to all who are interested in what we do. Even if we are a couple of old redneck hicks just trying to not bludge off the system. Nothing more and nothing less. As for going to the Subaru day. All i can say is , we will try. Dollars are hard to come by for us . But we will see how we go.

Thanks again to the people who look at our threads.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Captain Obvious
General Member

Post by Captain Obvious » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:31 pm

yes thats who i keep seeing, steve!!

dibs

Post by dibs » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:00 pm

i recon we should go up there and kidnap them all we need is a van and a three car transporter. lmao

dibs
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

riksta

Post by riksta » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:36 am

Yeah good idea Dibs, do you wont a hand?

Rik.

Captain Obvious
General Member

Post by Captain Obvious » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:32 pm

hey boys reckon you could fix this one or maybe a donor car??? chaep to
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Subaru-Brumby-19 ... dZViewItem

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:12 pm

The patten and style has been chosen for the interior . It is going the same style as the last interior we have done,,, showthread.php?t=9084&page=22 ,,,,, but a different color .

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:52 pm

Now have tyres fitted and put wheels on the car to see what they look like.

By rtcb65, shot with
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Subie Boys”