Subie Boys Next Wagon Resto

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:29 pm

chridk wrote:So whats left to do on the mighty wagon boys ?. By the look of the photos theres just the upper door trims left, anything else on the purchase list still to come.
Hope to see this thing in the flesh before it rolls off the production line.
Will speak to you very soon hopefully.

Cheers Chris
Hey Chris,

The exhaust goes on tomorrow we hope and the top door trims tomorrow and rest as they are finnished. Then the once and twice over to make sure everything is in right , done up, etc. Then the first start of the new engine .

To day doing the breaks check and rebleed , we found a block in one line and a split in another line. That is why we do the check over and over and over.

If you wish to see the car , you have about 10 days to get here. Roadworthy is set for early next week and goes about a week later.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

brumbyrunner
General Member

Post by brumbyrunner » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:09 pm

rtcb65 wrote:Only problem with sending sunnie up is , it will have to wait in line . Two brumbys are already in line.
chridk wrote:So whats left to do on the mighty wagon boys ?. By the look of the photos theres just the upper door trims left, anything else on the purchase list still to come.
Hope to see this thing in the flesh before it rolls off the production line.
Will speak to you very soon hopefully.

Cheers Chris
An here is someone waiting for Brumby #1 to start. :)
Settlement Creek Racing

ror

Post by ror » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:21 pm

It's taken me a fair while to read through this, but worth it. Love the amount of detail.

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:37 pm

The top of the doors have been worked out. The 3 of us had put our 2 cents in on the design and steve put it together.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bluesteel

Post by bluesteel » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:49 pm

awesome looking door trims guys!

lovey80

Post by lovey80 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:41 am

Oh my god, another quality personalisation!!! How does one get to the top of that line of Brumbies????

Cheers

Chris

last celtic warrior

Post by last celtic warrior » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:21 pm

Ok, seems I get to share these pics before Rick does. How cool is that... LOL

This is how you mutilate "fairly good" MY door fabs.

Here we see Rick screwing with fitting up the last door fab.

A nice full brochure stile pic of the whole interior.

And the spot the young owner is hopefully going to like driving from.

And I did the small repair on the alarm today that I was unable to resolve the other day. Used salvaged parts out of a modem, as you do...
Steve.

- BARNES AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGIES -

ror

Post by ror » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:33 pm

And I did the small repair on the alarm today that I was unable to resolve the other day. Used salvaged parts out of a modem, as you do...
I don't know why, but this just made me grin. :) Very impressive work on the door trims too. Can't wait for the big 'overview' pics once it's all done.

dibs

Post by dibs » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:35 pm

s&*t you guys are great .

like me i bet others in here are envious of the products you put ot . but i guese any one can do it they gota just put there mind to it. look a stuart (brumbyrunner)and any others that have acheaved to build/restore a car to there specs

see ya soon steve were workin up there a fair bit now so il ring you soon

dibs
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

brumbyrunner
General Member

Post by brumbyrunner » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:43 pm

Geez Rick you could have at least brushed your hair!
Settlement Creek Racing

last celtic warrior

Post by last celtic warrior » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:00 pm

Yeah Stuart, I don't think he's even SEEN a comb before, but he does know how to use a spanner pretty good. And he's got a heart of gold (although it IS hairy and scruffy).

And Rick, don't take offence at my sarcastic use of the words "screwing with" in my last post. I think it's pretty obvious to anyone that sees and reads everything in this thread that you kinda know what you're doing with Subies...
Steve.

- BARNES AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGIES -

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:48 pm

Doing the once and twice overs of the car. Had to redo a couple of things , Eg : tail light connection, front indicator , trailer plug . Steve wired the alarm cut out into part of the ignition circuit . Still a couple of things to do. First engine fire up ( waiting for parts). Have to bleed brakes for the 4th time. ( finding small leaks . Changing parts out to fix that ). We will keep going over the car till happy with everything.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:55 pm

The door trims are awesome. I love them...
"Bianca"
'86 Brumby - Dual Port Heads, 5 Speed Dual Range, Custom Cam, Tuned Weber, Tuned Suspension, 2" Body Lift Kit, LSD, 14" rims, 2.25" Exhaust, Snorkel, Dual Batteries, DVD Player, UHF, VHF, etc. Offically now part of the 350, 000 km Club! :) And still pulling like a freight train.

"Claudia"
82 MY Wagon - EA81T, RS Liberty WIAC, 5 Speed Dual Range, Tuned Suspension, 14" Rims 27" Tyres, 2" Body Lift Kit, Apline Head unit, UHF, Roof Console, L Series seats, Soon to have New Paint, snorkel, Dual batteries, etc

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:40 pm

A successful first engine start today after replacing the coil , battery and finding out the timing was 180 out . Also gave it its first cut and polish . Now the paint feels like it should. Still having some trouble with the brakes. Over night the pedal goes soft. Tomorrow we are going to change out the master cylinder and see what happens . Everything else has been changed. All we can think of is air is some how getting in. Been over all the joins a number of times. If anyone has any ideas, Please let me know.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

stamp_licker
General Member

Post by stamp_licker » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:13 pm

Here's a cheats way of bleeding the air out overnight or a day.Jam the pedal down as hard as you can with the cap off the master cylinder and leave it there overnight/day.
Good job guys.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]aka the_postie
Building a hardcore postie:D

Matatak

Post by Matatak » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:45 pm

Brake Fluid Absorbs moisture.

leaving the cap off for extended periods is not a good idea.

altho not as important in a road car compared to a track car it can cause problems when there gets to much (3 to 4%) water

Good to hear its now running. cant wait to see some finished pics as it leaves
Wagon is no longer....:(

The Subaru Wacky Workshop
-All About the WA Boys :D

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:12 pm

man.. i am speechless about this process... keep updated...
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1995 Liberty "Rallye" - 5MT AWD, LSD - *written off 25/8/06 in towing accident.
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page
Sold at 385,000kms in July 2011.
2007 Liberty BP Wagon, 2.5i automatic

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:00 pm

Thanks to the couple who post about the brakes. Found the problem, Master cylinder was some how sucking air , so changed that out and gave it a tune. Then put the bottom plates on ( sump bash plate and the 2 side plates).
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AndrewT

Post by AndrewT » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:02 pm

Man that's unlucky, maybe you can claim warranty on the master cylinder is it a new one? Or did you hone the bore and install a seal kit in an existing one?

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:43 pm

AndrewT wrote:Man that's unlucky, maybe you can claim warranty on the master cylinder is it a new one? Or did you hone the bore and install a seal kit in an existing one?
I put a kit in it. . i may have put a boot in backwards or something alike.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Subie Boys”