Subie Boys Next Wagon Resto

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:24 pm

The rear end gear : Diff , Trailing arms, Fuel tank etc. is cleaned and rust protected and painted ready to go back together.

The rear area where the fuel tank sits is cleaned and treated and painted ready for the tank to go back in.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:46 pm

Mate, what an effort!

The speed at which your moving now is astounding! I'd love to see how long these vehicles you restore last before they're un-serviceable (or is this the point that it gets another resto? :p)...

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:49 pm

El_Freddo wrote:Mate, what an effort!

The speed at which your moving now is astounding! I'd love to see how long these vehicles you restore last before they're un-serviceable (or is this the point that it gets another resto? :p)...

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Bennie
Bennie,

This car we hope not to see again for at least 5 years. Except for any general maintenance . The idea is to restore to last . That is why each item has rust inhibitor on it . Also roscoruby and i work well together, each have there own part to do and we do it . There is no getting in each others way or double doing . We wont the cars to last, other wise it is not good for us .
And we are not in it for the money as we dont charge for our time , so it has to be for the love of the car.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

riksta

Post by riksta » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:39 pm

Good to see rick that you guys are back at it and doing such a outstanding job along the way, with such care and attention its plane to see that you guys love doing what you guys do.
Hope to see some more pics soon of the latest events of the Suby Boys.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Im now all grown up to an outback with a 2" lift and outback struts, ready to go off road and take on the world.

00outback

Post by 00outback » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:01 pm

Looking good guys your doing a excellent job keep it up.

Matatak

Post by Matatak » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:02 am

do u guys do everything underneath in the Black?

coz that wuld be very sexy to look under my car and see nice pristine blackness haha.

its looking good sofar. but i guess theres still alot to do.

keep it up guys

jesus i just noticed those dismantled CV joints and painted Driveshafts :) very nice detail u guys are going to. love it

do they get new wheelbearings, Brake shoes, Wheel cylinders and etc when going back together? (just curious ;))
Wagon is no longer....:(

The Subaru Wacky Workshop
-All About the WA Boys :D

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:05 am

Matatak wrote: jesus i just noticed those dismantled CV joints and painted Driveshafts :) very nice detail u guys are going to. love it

do they get new wheelbearings, Brake shoes, Wheel cylinders and etc when going back together? (just curious ;))
Yes it gets all new parts, well it up to the person we are doing it for , but we prefer not to allow the car to leave with out new parts. The idea for this resto is a long time before any repairs, so all new stuff for this one.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:09 pm

We have almost all the front end parts cleaned up and rust inhibited and painted.

The Parts that are finished and fitted out are started to go back in .

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

chridk

Post by chridk » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:33 pm

Lookin good Rick , Cant wait to see this one roll off the production line, and i hope you boys had time to go for a play over easter in the cars or boats.

Once again keep up the good work
and i'll speak to soon

Cheers Chris

maxxair

Post by maxxair » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:23 am

Boys... i need your help, well at least some advice. i have a brumby ute with 2" lift, Ej22 and auto box., and.. blue paint already. lol. i need to flip her up on her side to clean and repair under it. can i leave the engine/ tranny in it and wheels on and how many ppl to flip it?? i was thinking 4 on one side, 2 on the other to 'catch' it and stop it rolling on the roof. can i leave the windows in? or do you have you fully strip it? i gotta clean/rust proof/ paint under my tank/susp. too. as well as do some weldig/grinding. whatta you think? cheers mates, love wat yaz are doing.
Cheers, Rohan M.

Gravity.. PAH!! Watch this.:twisted:

http://www.BERSERKARU.com <For All Berserk Subarus<

maxxair

Post by maxxair » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:24 am

BTW what rust killa and paint are you using?
Cheers, Rohan M.

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:28 am

maxxair wrote:Boys... i need your help, well at least some advice. i have a brumby ute with 2" lift, Ej22 and auto box., and.. blue paint already. lol. i need to flip her up on her side to clean and repair under it. can i leave the engine/ tranny in it and wheels on and how many ppl to flip it?? i was thinking 4 on one side, 2 on the other to 'catch' it and stop it rolling on the roof. can i leave the windows in? or do you have you fully strip it? i gotta clean/rust proof/ paint under my tank/susp. too. as well as do some weldig/grinding. whatta you think? cheers mates, love wat yaz are doing.
Personally i wouldn't like to flip a car on its side with engine and all still in it. It isn't natural for the engine to be at that angle . We have at least engine and gear box out before we even consider flipping a car. the least amount in it , the easier it is . It only takes 2 of us old guys ( Ross and Myself ) ( 40 + years of age ) to send it over with the car stripped and we rest the B piller on tires about 3 high ( no rims in the tires.)
This is only our personal way of doing things, this is NOT a " this is how it must be done " .
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Electric Mirrors

Post by rtcb65 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:09 pm

While we are waiting for parts to turn up , brake pads, brake shoes, wheel bearings , etc, We are making electric mirrors out of the M.Y . mirrors.

First we get some Vn electric mirrors

Then we butcher the hell out of them

Then cut them down and drill the holes to suit the M.Y. mirror case after taking the M.Y one apart of course .Then the electric base piece looks likes this .

Once i get further with it, i will post the pics and write up for the rest.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

brumbyrunner
General Member

Post by brumbyrunner » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:03 pm

Lecky mirrors? Cool as!
Settlement Creek Racing

rtcb65
General Member

Power Mirrors

Post by rtcb65 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:38 pm

Alittle further along. Have the M.Y. mirrors pulled apart, cleaned up and painted .

Also have to work out all the wiring from the switch.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

last celtic warrior

Post by last celtic warrior » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:27 pm

Probably work out that wiring tomorrow sometime. It'll be virtually the same as mine, so just knock up the same thing again... I'll spend a few minutes on it in between working on getting bits of my turbo motor together.
Steve.

- BARNES AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGIES -

rtcb65
General Member

Getting there

Post by rtcb65 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:42 pm

As it shows , The top trailing arm has been fitted out with new bearings like the other and has been fitted to the car

Also the mirrors have come along a bit further . The motor plate has been fitted to the cases and thanks to steve , the wiring is now sorted.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:20 pm

Thinking of bringing the color inside. Playing with some idea's .Please take in account that the dash will be the dark gray ( charcoal ) I would like some feed back on the idea.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

riksta

Post by riksta » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:34 pm

well I like it and with the gray dash I think it will look real cool, wish I had thourt of the idea when I had the MY wagon on the road.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Im now all grown up to an outback with a 2" lift and outback struts, ready to go off road and take on the world.

maxxair

Post by maxxair » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:18 am

i like it, looks good blue. ive just had mine apart too (again) for some more customising. i stuck the blueish coloured bits in there (orig orange) and all the filters and such blue as well ad blue bulbs, painted the needles silver, and changed the filter in the indicators using celophane to... you guesed it blue ;)
was>Image

is now>Image

under lights>Image

its not a too dificult task. just be creative. go for it, looking good.
Cheers, Rohan M.

Return to “Subie Boys”