The Brumbyrunner Project

Moderator: brumbyrunner

INEEDABEER

Post by INEEDABEER » Thu May 22, 2008 6:32 pm

vincentvega wrote:can you see a brumby woith a worked EJ20T and some serious suspension competing?? i can ;)
How prophetic:cool:
]Hey I know Jack Schitte!
[/SIZE]

INEEDABEER

Post by INEEDABEER » Thu May 22, 2008 6:34 pm

vincentvega wrote:can you see a brumby woith a worked EJ20T and some serious suspension competing?? i can ;)
How prophetic:cool:(that was post #3)
]Hey I know Jack Schitte!
[/SIZE]

Suby Wan Kenobi
General Member

Post by Suby Wan Kenobi » Fri May 23, 2008 8:53 pm

Is it finished now and ready to race?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The long road ahead

brumbyrunner
General Member

Post by brumbyrunner » Fri May 23, 2008 9:49 pm

Ha! I wish.
Settlement Creek Racing

vincentvega

Post by vincentvega » Sat May 24, 2008 8:55 am

I can see into the future Gav.... :)
brumbyrunner wrote:And just to clarify the real 4WD thing, Subarus are an unreal 4WD.

brumbyrunner
General Member

Post by brumbyrunner » Sat May 24, 2008 8:32 pm

vincentvega wrote:I can see into the future Gav.... :)
What you talkin' 'bout Willis?
Settlement Creek Racing

vincentvega

Post by vincentvega » Sun May 25, 2008 10:08 am

dont mind me. going a little crazy with all the excitement ;)
brumbyrunner wrote:And just to clarify the real 4WD thing, Subarus are an unreal 4WD.

Wilbur
General Member

Post by Wilbur » Mon May 26, 2008 9:06 am

vincentvega wrote:I can see into the future Gav.... :)

Sweet. Do I really need to take all this spare crap. And what stuff does brumbyrunner need to bring so we can fix his car when he brakes it ;)
There is only one thing you must do in your life. Everything else is a choice.

brumbyrunner
General Member

Post by brumbyrunner » Mon May 26, 2008 10:06 am

Brett was trying to get a hold of a spare tailshaft for me.
Settlement Creek Racing

Wilbur
General Member

Post by Wilbur » Mon May 26, 2008 12:10 pm

That'll fit somewhere. Just let me know by friday if I need to go get something from somewhere.
There is only one thing you must do in your life. Everything else is a choice.

stamp_licker
General Member

Post by stamp_licker » Mon May 26, 2008 2:40 pm

is Jeff,crossbread, still sending a box out with us for u Stuart?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]aka the_postie
Building a hardcore postie:D

brumbyrunner
General Member

Post by brumbyrunner » Mon May 26, 2008 3:49 pm

I'll have to check.....
Settlement Creek Racing

Bumpty
General Member

Post by Bumpty » Mon May 26, 2008 10:51 pm

Whens this race?
Will you plant cameras on the bumper, in the cabin, on roof etc for our viewing pleasure :D

brumbyrunner
General Member

Post by brumbyrunner » Mon May 26, 2008 11:34 pm

Bumpty wrote:Whens this race?
Will you plant cameras on the bumper, in the cabin, on roof etc for our viewing pleasure :D
Queen's Birthday weekend.

Our in-car camera is mounted where the rear vision mirror normally is. I'll know over the next few days wether it's going to work properly or not. We've had some dramas with it.
Settlement Creek Racing

Bumpty
General Member

Post by Bumpty » Mon May 26, 2008 11:59 pm

HAHAHA Wicked! can't wait for it... Goodluck with it all!

EG33

Post by EG33 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:54 pm

sweet brumby :cool:

boxer 4

Brumbyrunner at Finke

Post by boxer 4 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:51 pm

Hi Everyone, Spoke to Brumbyrunner at Alice last night by phone he had just finished scrutenering and everything had gone well. Prolgue was at 8.30am this morning track was very wet acording to the offical Finke web site.
The Extreme 4WD class was the first one out on the track this morning so they would have been clearing the puddles for everyone else. The Boys finished 3rd in class with a time of 7min34sec and are starting in 45th position out of 67 starters. Haven't spoken to Brumbyrunner since to see if he was happy with his run but this is not a bad position to start from.

Cheers Boxer 4

brumbyrunner
General Member

Post by brumbyrunner » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:56 pm

The Finke Desert Race is all over for another year. If you were following the race on finkedesertrace.com.au you would know that we ran out of time on day one and didn't restart on day two.
What really happened was we had a good start out of Alice on day one and the car was going exceptionally well. We didn't see any traffic until we got near the first check point when I started to notice the rear shocks fading off and had to slow down and let a few cars past. After that there was a smooth high speed section so we punted along at about 185 and the shocks cooled down and started working again. The rear shocks went off again pretty well straight after the track got rough again so all I could do was back off and try to nurse it the last 100km into Finke. About 70km from Finke we snapped a rear trailing arm bolt and had to stop. The constant pounding was taking it's toll and the track was much rougher than last time. We managed to jam a screwdriver in the bush and race-taped it in and continued down to Finke. We got in 13 minutes after time and they seeded us for the start on day two but after discovering the right rear shock leaking oil everywhere we made the decision to pull out of the event. If we couldn't get to Finke in under 4 hours with good shocks for the first hour, we weren't going to get back with buggered shocks from the start.
The car still goes great and we drove back to Alice that night sitting on 100-130 but it just wouldn't have handled the track. So it's onto the next stage for the rear suspension which will include full trailing arms to replace the limited semi-trailing arm that is in there now and at least 12" of rear wheel travel.
The whole team including BYB-01, Subiewidow, LightningSilverRX and SWK off the board all worked tirelessly to get us racing and we were all very disappointed when we had to withdraw. I thought those $1750 shocks that were freshly overhauled with new seals, oil & gas might have lasted one race if I took it easy but obviously I was wrong. The new front struts and the rest of the car worked perfectly and I was very happy with the way it all came together.
I need to say a big thank-you to all our sponsors who have supported us and even though we didn't finish the event, the amount of public interest at scruitineering and prologue was insane. We gave away all the brochures and stuff that we had and still people wanted more. We'll be better equipped next year with stickers and t-shirts etc.
Settlement Creek Racing

muttnAlice

Post by muttnAlice » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:19 pm

thought there were problems as you came through our section of track, about 5k north of deep well. i have video but its not great!!

good luck in future events, looking forward to seeing the beast again next year.
http://www.ausubaru.com/forum/www.finke ... ace.com.auhttp://www.finkedesertrace.com.au

"I See said the Blind man to a Deaf Dog who replied Mutely"

subybrumby

Post by subybrumby » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:44 pm

Great effort...The car is obviously a serious contender and I'm sure next year will be quite a different story. Well done!!!

Return to “Brumbyrunner”