air filters for ej20t on a brumby

Any thing and every thing ever asked about how to do an EJ conversion to an L series and MY. Includes Brumby and Coupe.
SUBIIE

air filters for ej20t on a brumby

Post by SUBIIE » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:02 pm

Hi Team,

Not too many people seem to be reading this section of the forum, but I am hoping someone can help me.

In the sort of final stages of preparing the engine bay, and am encountering a few issues that for me the inexperienced are hard to overcome.

Was assuming that a POD ram filter was as easy as going to the local shop and buying one. But it seems after a bit of research online, that it isn't that simple. After reading the MRT site, it seems that the unifilter is the best to go with, except it seems to cost a lot and requires extra plumbing.

I assumed it was best to have the filter after the section of pipe with the AFM in it, and you just bolt it on. Is it that simple, and if you are fitting it to the brumby with the EJ20T does it need to be attached to the body somehow to prevent it shaking and breaking?

Oh and how much should a air filter setup cost?

cheers
1992 'Annivesary' Subaru Brumby, amp-6x9"'s-kevlar 6"'s-tweeters, power windows, and a 1995 WRX EJ20t engine finally installed, engineered and blue slipped. Wow, try and catch me up the mountain!
http://www.ausubaru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13343
The horse feed car; 1988 subaru brumby, targa top, and in need of some tlc.

yellowsubie

Post by yellowsubie » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:20 pm

id just use zip ties to hold it down :)

Alex
Elder Member

Post by Alex » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:43 pm

my l-series engine bay with crappy $20 filter. Worked well.
my07 Outback
my13 Hyundai i45(shhhh)
my02 Gen3 Liberty limited ed.

previously
L-series wagon, LSD, EJ20turbo, 29in tyres, 'wanky wagon'
2000 gen3 outback, lifted, otherwise stock.

Return to “Fitting EJ motors to MY & L series models”