ej whole dash into brumby

Any thing and every thing ever asked about how to do an EJ conversion to an L series and MY. Includes Brumby and Coupe.
brockharro

ej whole dash into brumby

Post by brockharro » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:28 pm

hey guys im sure this as been asked and answered before but the search feature wonte work for me it sais to go through admin which i have but no luck

anyway just wondering how much work there is in putting a gen1 liberty or impreza whole dash into a brumby

cheers
brock

Gannon

Post by Gannon » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:55 pm

Its been done a few times, but its a big job
Current rides: 2016 Mitsubishi Triton GLS & 2004 Forester X
Ongoing Project/Toy: 1987 RX Turbo EA82T, Speeduino ECU, Coil-pack ignition, 440cc Injectors, KONI adjustale front struts, Hybrid L Series/ Liberty AWD 5sp
Past rides: 92 L series turbo converted wagon, 83 Leone GL Sedan, 2004 Liberty GT Sedan & 2001 Outback
------------------------------------------

D3V1L

Post by D3V1L » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:07 pm

i put 99 wrx dash in my brumby, and its by no means an easy feat.

impreza is narrower then liberty so is less work from the start.

davo
no more subarus

[/SIZE] [/color][/B][/color][/SIZE][/color]http://community.webshots.com/user/D3V1L9

niterida
General Member

Post by niterida » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:10 pm

D3V1L wrote:i put 99 wrx dash in my brumby, and its by no means an easy feat.

impreza is narrower then liberty so is less work from the start.

davo
I've got a Gen 2 Liberty and thinking of doing the same - but I measured the dash to be almost exactly the right width :confused:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

brockharro

how much work

Post by brockharro » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:03 pm

just how much work coz my one is cracked and a later model would be nice and atm its leaking water into the cabin somewhere on the drivers side ive pulled most the trim off and cant find it but itll have to be somewhere pretty harsh coz there was atleast half an inch of water in there today

so if the dash comes out i thought may aswell try and upgrade it

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:08 pm

you will find the leak is probably coming from under the bonnet, where all the wires come out of the cabin and go into the engine bay. the big rubber grommit it all passes through is split and allowing water into the car. either that or one of the other one is split and doing the same thing. or your windscreen seal is leaking causing water to get under it and come in that way.

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

1111giles

Post by 1111giles » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:33 am

Maybe Jules - but up here in the UK they rust under the bottom corners of the window seal and let H20 in that way too.
The MV's / Brumby's here that are now getting scrapped off usually have reall good un-cracked dash's in them - due to our sunshine not as potent as you guy's sunshine.
Pity they would be a hummer to harvest and export down there !
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cheers
Giles.
*Scooby MV / Brumby - Current project & pet truck Weber Carby'd Ea81.Air/Con.4WDiscs.Speedliner tub. Foz seats. Digital Sound. Floodlit interior light. Cobra Security. Gear Shifter Lock + loadsa new parts.
SVX - Silky Sexy & Smooth - just like me ;)
GLF (MY series) Hatchy - "Project 2012"
*Fozzie 2.0 Forester Sport - Wifey's daily driver
*Ozzie Outback Diesel SE nav Spec 2012 MY 6 speeder - My daily driver
* 'Half Cut' Oz Brumby its now totally in bits !:mrgreen

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:54 am

Aw, don't tell us that! The MY dash takes about 2.5 hours to remove in good order. Be a good enterprise for your rioters to turn their handiwork into some good use.
My Brumby windscreen seal started leaking at the top RHS corner, puddles up first waiting for me to get in and start rollng - then it dumps on me.

When you have time and a new seal on hand, try remove window and inspect any rust in the window channel.

D3V1L

Post by D3V1L » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:48 am

How hard? Very hahaha. Putting I'n all the air vents and piping and fan blowers and heaters and all that stuff is a very time consuming feat. The actual shape of the firewall
Is completely different and serious remodeling needs to be done

Good luck and put up lots of pics :-)

Davo
no more subarus

[/SIZE] [/color][/B][/color][/SIZE][/color]http://community.webshots.com/user/D3V1L9

brockharro

Post by brockharro » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:15 pm

thanx guy if i go ahead with ill deffs put photos up but its not leaking were i thought it was and ive checked all round that rubber grommet but nothing there it seem like its coming in around the door hinges but ill check tomorw around driver side wind screen area

but sorta keen to dash conversion especially if i do a engine conversion

sven '2'
General Member

Post by sven '2' » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:48 pm

Serving suggestion

This is a world of pain...the Brumby conversion I helped with back in the day, the dash was easily twice as hard as the motor & gearbox.

Night after night after night. Not even drinking a shite of beer on a hot Adelaide's summer eve could numb the pain...

Not physically so much, but it WILL do your head in.
73 Yamaha DT3 250

08 Ford BF wagon - LPG FTMFW

14 Toyota Kluger - goodness!

brockharro

Post by brockharro » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:53 pm

i feel like the biggest idiot now i checked the rubber gromet agian and it was it so i taped it up and didnt really think and taped it to far up the cable then coludnt get the grommit on so i got shitty and pulled it and pulled the whole rubber bit off so couldnt tape it so its siliconed now

Return to “Fitting EJ motors to MY & L series models”