What is a good place to purchase subbie HG & Timing belt kit?

Any thing and every thing ever asked about how to do an EJ conversion to an L series and MY. Includes Brumby and Coupe.
Risker

What is a good place to purchase subbie HG & Timing belt kit?

Post by Risker » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:19 pm

Hi I live in Newcastls NSW.
Currently I am planning to do my HG along with belts.
I found some MLS HG on ebay as well as some timing belt(GMB tensioner pulleys n belt) kit from US, they are about $400 includes shipping.
But when i was trying to get a quote from local parts supplier(Burson,Auto Pro tc), they wan $500 for a timing belt kit!!! This is really expensive IMO.
What does your guys normally get your subbie parts from? I know the HG failing on EJ25 is very common. Any advice when replacing it? Like doing it with engine in the car to save the hassel to pull it out, or pull it out to have a easy access to head.etc

Any advice would be great :)

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:41 pm

G'day Risker ;)

It would help if you mention what Subie you drive. You could even put it in your signature.

Cant comment on the HG but I'm interested what others say bout the timing belt as I have to do mine soon
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:03 pm

I look up my make and model on rockauto.com (or the conversion type if you've done something different). Either buy from there or take the part numbers of the desired kit and plug into ebay.com (the american site) - see what comes up then have a field day.

Cam belt kits can come with the water pump or not. Best to find a cast impeller if you're after a water pump - I've heard the cast unit is much better than the pressed metal one.

Then wait about a week for it to arrive in the mail. The last time I got one it cost me just on half of what I could find locally including the postage/freight from the US.

Good times.

Regards

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:23 pm

Hi and Welcome Risker :)

I buy from Veales, Coventrys and Ebay but always ask/check the quality.

What model car do you have?
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

Return to “Fitting EJ motors to MY & L series models”